Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2023 Morphing Collectible Guide

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
Hi All! We put together a guide to show the earnable quarterly collectibles for the year's morphing collectible. We'll update this per quarter. If you have any feedback, please let us know. Hopefully, this will help everyone keep track of some collectible goals!
o7uxi9tf702s.jpg

Edited by ZOS_Kevin on January 12, 2024 3:20PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Carlos93
    Carlos93
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All! We put together a guide to show the earnable quarterly collectibles for the year's morphing collectible. We'll update this per quarter. If you have any feedback, please let us know. Hopefully, this will help everyone keep track of some collectible goals!
    ym2ecw1nhfoq.jpg

*We'll be moving this to the events section in the coming days, but wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to see this first.

It would be great if this utility was enabled in-game as a tool that players can refer to so they don't miss out on any collectibles.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 'Base item' should probably specify which type of item it is, a pet in this case
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey this is great!
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    essi2 wrote: »
    The 'Base item' should probably specify which type of item it is, a pet in this case

Good note there! Thanks for this. We'll make that change for the Q3 update version.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Since images can't be enlarged I cannot read what it says on my phone :(
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The graphic is nice, but it would be even better if the Impresario UI in game was better organized. A section for the base morph, and sections for the upgrade pieces, 1 for each morph, would be great.

Basically, group like fragments in the purchase UI to make the graphic posted here translate in game in a more intuitive way.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this the last Q2 event or do we have another?
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is lilkely the last Q2 event. Q2 starts June 1 (unless there's something wonky with the calendar).

@ZOS_Kevin - confirm please?

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Since images can't be enlarged I cannot read what it says on my phone :(

Not sure what system/phone you're on. With mine I can press and hold the image, a pop up comes up. Click preview image. That one you can enlarge.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never been a big fan of the morphing stuff, would rather you just greatly increased the ticket cap and put the finished items up for a set price equivalent to collecting all the bits and pieces.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good note there! Thanks for this. We'll make that change for the Q3 update version.

Any chance you could release the Q3 version today? Asking for a friend. :hushed:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin speaking of fragments, why are the fragment lists from last year still visible even after I already earned them all? shouldn't they disappear? same goes for the fragment list for the tribute decks, which I've already earned. furthermore, why are there still so many fragments in the game that can't be added to the collections? e.g. Vvardenfell and Summerset public dungeon collectibles.
    Edited by laniakea_0 on May 18, 2023 1:06PM
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carlos93 wrote: »
    ym2ecw1nhfoq.jpg

*We'll be moving this to the events section in the coming days, but wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to see this first.

It would be great if this utility was enabled in-game as a tool that players can refer to so they don't miss out on any collectibles.

Great idea
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin
    just a small note: Base item is consumed while morphing.
    i guess, it would be fair to mention that fact in the infographics,
    as there are many newbies disappointments regarding this (on Reddit). B)
    PC EU
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    TaSheen wrote: »
    This is lilkely the last Q2 event. Q2 starts June 1 (unless there's something wonky with the calendar).

We are in the middle of Q2 right now. So the next Whitestrake's Mayhem (late June) will be the last Q2 event. The events graphic we post in the Events section has the timeframe as well.
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Elsonso wrote: »

Any chance you could release the Q3 version today? Asking for a friend. :hushed:

I haven't gotten that made yet! But we'll get that out before Q3 events start. At least, that's the plan. B)
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin
    just a small note: Base item is consumed while morphing.
    i guess, it would be fair to mention that fact in the infographics,
    as there are many newbies disappointments regarding this (on Reddit). B)

Thanks for the feedback here. We'll see if there is a way to make that clearer on the graphic without it getting too busy. This is helpful, appreciate it!
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    laniakea_0 wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin speaking of fragments, why are the fragment lists from last year still visible even after I already earned them all? shouldn't they disappear? same goes for the fragment list for the tribute decks, which I've already earned. furthermore, why are there still so many fragments in the game that can't be added to the collections? e.g. Vvardenfell and Summerset public dungeon collectibles.

All good questions and we'll ask for some follow up.
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    jaws343 wrote: »
    The graphic is nice, but it would be even better if the Impresario UI in game was better organized. A section for the base morph, and sections for the upgrade pieces, 1 for each morph, would be great.

Basically, group like fragments in the purchase UI to make the graphic posted here translate in game in a more intuitive way.

Thanks for the feedback here. We'll send this to the team for their knowledge.
    Staff Post
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »

We are in the middle of Q2 right now. So the next Whitestrake's Mayhem (late June) will be the last Q2 event. The events graphic we post in the Events section has the timeframe as well.

Yeah, I continue to be a space cadet - I'm blaming it on the worst winter in 35 years!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • runa_gate
    runa_gate
    ✭✭✭✭
    I realize that it might not be info that would be decided upon until the last minute, but the price-per-item, and total possible obtainable tickets for a particular event should probably be information that is more accessible to new players

we forum-dwellers probably don't think about it as we know we'll get every ticket available regardless, but I have had a strangely large number of people tell me they somehow didn't realize that they'd need to participate X amount for some particular item in-game
  • VeleaGlo
    VeleaGlo
    Soul Shriven
    This may be a dumb question, but how does one collect these "collectables"? What does one have to do in game to find them? I personally can not figure out what the current event even is, so please, if that's how, elaborate on what you have to do for this particular event. Thanks :)
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VeleaGlo wrote: »
    This may be a dumb question, but how does one collect these "collectables"? What does one have to do in game to find them? I personally can not figure out what the current event even is, so please, if that's how, elaborate on what you have to do for this particular event. Thanks :)

You have to spend tickets... 5 tickets per "base" piece (15 total) and 10 tickets per piece to "morph" the base item into the "better" item (30 total). So you must earn tickets (current event but only a few more hours is Midyear Mayhem: 2 tickets per day in Cyrodiil and 1 ticket per day in Imperial City daily quests) and spend tickets to get these.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    VeleaGlo wrote: »

Not a dumb question. So we normally have an article that outlines events before they happen and what collectibles are available during the timeframe. The last event was Whitestrake's Mayhem, but that just ended today. Our next one will be the second Whitestrake's Mayhem, and that be in late June. We also update the events section of the forum with events as those dates get updated and there is normally an in-game prompt letting players know when the event is live.

All that to say, there are several places we have this information available. I hope this helps. @Tevalaur also gave a good rundown of how the morph works.
    Staff Post
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin , my thanks also for the morphing collectible guide, and could we perhaps have a similar infographic for the indriks, please?
    Edited by vsrs_au on May 25, 2023 4:09AM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • VeleaGlo
    VeleaGlo
    Soul Shriven
    Ah, it's a PvP event. Sorry I missed that and the event page. I don't PvP, which is why I didn't see it in game, I guess. :)
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin , my thanks also for the morphing collectible guide, and could we perhaps have a similar infographic for the indriks, please?

Here's my version of it (Right-click -> "Open Image in New Tab" to see it more clearly):

liq80j6ox8co.png

Because of the quarterly rotation, I've included the Indrik Pets below the Morphables.
    Edited by Maitsukas on May 25, 2023 2:02PM
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maitsukas wrote: »
    vsrs_au wrote: »

Here's my version of it (Right-click -> "Open Image in New Tab" to see it more clearly):

liq80j6ox8co.png

Because of the quarterly rotation, I've included the Indrik Pets below the Morphables.
    It's nice and thanks for creating it.
    Edited by vsrs_au on June 6, 2023 9:48PM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    We updated this graphic for all the morphs for the remainder of the year. And also added a few suggestions from this thread. We will include more of your suggestions for next year's graphic.
    Staff Post