The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

No Authentification Code Delivery - Bug going on for years now

Elrigh
Elrigh
✭✭
This is the worst technical problem I have encountered in a video game ever - PERIOD.

I get the Notifications from Shop, from Forum, Newsletter and such, but not a single Authentification Code E-Mail.
This problem is known for years now and the only way to fix it seems to be changing your e-mail, which I really don´t want to do but there seems to be no choice.
So I went through the process on the support page and finally got an E-Mail with a Code. And it says "Enter it, when you are asked for it in account".
But I was never asked for it.
Tried to change my E-Mail in Account manually after that for a couple of times and got 4 Code E-Mails, none of them working.
Tried to log in to the game, was asked for a Code. Never got one.
Went back to account page, tried to change E-Mail again and suddenly got a Code that worked.
Changed my E-Mail, got several E-Mails to verify and completed the process.
E-Mail is now changed.
Tried to log into the game again - I used my changed E-Mail and the Password and the Authentification Screen popped up but guess what?
NO CODE MAIL.
Only the Timer who says "Come back in 24 hours" - what a joke. I mean, I literally used the E-Mail the Code has been sent to for login and still get no Code. and to tell people which pay for subscription to just try again back tomorrow is reason enough to feel upset.

Seriously, my ESO+ is running out in 10 Days and I start to think I am better of with WOW, Never had such stupid problems with any other game in playing 30 years online. I have experienced a lot of issues but this ranks Top 1.
"Es ist besser, Ehre zu verdienen und nicht zu haben, als Ehre zu haben, die man nicht verdient."
- Mark Twain
  • Elrigh
    Elrigh
    ✭✭
    Support answered and told me that they have to change the E-Mail manually.
    Because I already did it successfully, I had to come up with another E-Mail, this time I had to create a new one.
    Support changed E-Mail, tried to log in - NO CODE E-Mail.

This whole Process gets more and more ridiculous.
    "Es ist besser, Ehre zu verdienen und nicht zu haben, als Ehre zu haben, die man nicht verdient."
    - Mark Twain
  • Elrigh
    Elrigh
    ✭✭
    The reason why this makes me so angry is simple: Next month I replace my PC with a complete new one. Then I will have to reinstall TESO and because it´s a new PC the game will 100% ask me about a Code. I already knew about the No-Mail-Delivery and I fear that next month I won´t be able to log into the game anymore. That´s why I try to solve this problem now.
    But it seems that even after 3 different mail providers, a Solution is not in sight.
    Besides that is the whole thing a bad joke, as written above.
    - Mark Twain
  • Quackery
    Quackery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I can join the chorus; I need an access code and the mail isn't being sent. What do I do now?!?

ZOS, please remove this stupid authorization request since it's NOT WORKING!!
    Edited by Quackery on May 4, 2023 2:34PM
  • Quackery
    Quackery
    ✭✭✭✭
    I managed to bypass it by pressing cancel. It took me to character load.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Elrigh

Do you have your support ticket number?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • StormBlade512
    StormBlade512
    ✭✭✭
    Quackery wrote: »
    I managed to bypass it by pressing cancel. It took me to character load.

It's a little worrying that you can just bypass the 2 factor lol
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quackery wrote: »
    Well, I can join the chorus; I need an access code and the mail isn't being sent. What do I do now?!?

ZOS, please remove this stupid authorization request since it's NOT WORKING!!

This particular thing may be you entering your password incorrectly. I copy/paste mine from a "vault" app, but when I absentmindedly forget to change to the password for my second or third account, I get the "access code" dialog box. At that point yes, just cancel the access code message, make sure you're using the correct password, and that should be the end of that.

The OP's issue seems to be more complex. I have a friend who was using a private email service and had an issue similar a couple of years back. He swapped to gmail and hasn't had the problem again.
    Edited by TaSheen on May 16, 2023 8:11PM

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....