Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

new home storage container idea: A VAULT!

CoronHR
CoronHR
✭✭✭✭✭
it's a vault! you put it on your wall! in any home! it holds 200 or 5,000 things or whatever. ok realistically maybe 160. and let's say there are 2. and you buy them with writ vouchers or crowns if you like.

VAULTS!

VAULTS OF PLEASURE!

VAULTS OF MADNESS!

OR JUST SIMPLY VAULTS!

seriously, we need a bit more in the way of home inventory. my chests are full to bursting
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 9, 2023 3:23AM
PC - EU - Steam client
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love this. I always wondered why they have not added more storage containers of any size.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • isadoraisacat
    isadoraisacat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not a magic portal you cast some how that you can send your items too. As a skill maybe or something from maybe mages guild etc ?
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the devs want inventory and storage to be as tight as possible to help convince folks to buy plus. They do have to make money.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they are also concerned with performance issues, those are what drives the caps on furnishings. If that wasn't an issue, and they were only concerned with players spending money they'd increase the number of chests available in the crown store and permitted within homes.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want a magical bag of holding that my crafter can use to store all of my furnishings...
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More spaces isn't going to fix the problem we have. We are hoarders. No matter how much space they give us we are going to fill it up and want more.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you aren't already using all 18 character slots, a single character holds up to 215 items. A personal guild bank holds 500 non-bound items, a second account maxed out holds nearly 4000 non-bound items total.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you aren't already using all 18 character slots, a single character holds up to 215 items. A personal guild bank holds 500 non-bound items, a second account maxed out holds nearly 4000 non-bound items total.

Those are all good ways to increase overall inventory space but they are not accessible from your home. The title asks for more home storage.
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you want this on top of the 360 available with the chests I assume. So how about some combination of vaults that would give you 140 more slots. That means a total of 500 which is equal to maxed bank space. That'd be reasonable I think.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I think they are also concerned with performance issues, those are what drives the caps on furnishings. If that wasn't an issue, and they were only concerned with players spending money they'd increase the number of chests available in the crown store and permitted within homes.

Nah, I think it’s a choice. After all, seems like I remember Rich said that the craft bags has like 42 billion spaces when they first came out. These spaces are available to each and every character all the time. Sure it is a performance issue at some point but not where we are now.

Stay safe :)
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »

Nah, I think it’s a choice. After all, seems like I remember Rich said that the craft bags has like 42 billion spaces when they first came out. These spaces are available to each and every character all the time. Sure it is a performance issue at some point but not where we are now.

Stay safe :)

Was also pointed out that crafting bags differ from say a furniture bag because unique crafting materials are very small in number compared to unique furnishings. Total items wouldn't matter as much as number of unique items.
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    More spaces isn't going to fix the problem we have. We are hoarders. No matter how much space they give us we are going to fill it up and want more.

i appreciate this point and i agree...we're many a hoarder, although i'm not sure i'm that much of a hoarder. the issue i seem to run into is that i'm storing a lot of reconstructed gear, the purpose of which is to store transmute crystals, for which i've long since reached the limit. so for me personally, i would imagine that increasing the transmute limit would help my specific needs, perhaps better than adding more storage, but that's a separate issue altogether.

the vault idea...well i suppose i'm suggesting it because i think it'd be cool to have something on the walls of our homes that we could access and store more things. i mean what grand home doesn't have a vault?? the answer is none :smile: of course, we would have to consider our collectible furnishing limits, so for some people, swapping out their houseguest/merchant/crafting station or whatever for another storage container might not suit them.

and also, as someone mentioned, the caps on furnishing limits might apply to storage items, so performance might become an issue. i feel that zos would probably come up with more of these things, as it could drive crown sales, but due to limits, they don't.
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with a vault.