The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What if

wilykcat
wilykcat
✭✭✭✭✭
Players who have a reoccurring 12 month subscription should get a discount on crowns, in-game shop, and seals of endeavors shop. For pricy items the discount will be 20% off and the average price items will be 10% off, and then cheapest items will be 5% off. There should be benefits based on what subscription players choose. It makes sense to have the most expensive subscription method to have discounts. Then more players are going to buy more stuff.

What if 25 votes

Yes
36%
kinguardianTúrin_VidsmidrN3CR01SiantarEmperorRemanIVcerffgySaffronCitrusflowernikdmyWoke_Tea 9 votes
Maybe
8%
Drako_EiMafiaCat115 2 votes
Nope
56%
phaneub17_ESOElsonsomerpinsSylosijaws343MaitsukastsaescishoeshinerHlanuAmotticaoorarJestirLunaFloraMr_Jord_JoeSoraJP 14 votes
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope
    You're already getting a discount in the cost value of the subscription and select items get a discount for being subscribed on any tier. There are some regions where higher tier of subscriptions are restricted or not available.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope
    As has been said, there is already a quantity discount when subscribing, and I think that is enough of a differentiation. I'd rather that subscription term lengths not work themselves into the game in the form of additional discounts in the various shops and stores or other perks inside the game itself. This breeds conflict.

I say this as someone who prefers annual subscriptions.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nope
    there's already a discount for certain items and you get crowns from eso plus
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope
    wilykcat wrote: »
    There should be benefits based on what subscription players choose.

There is already a benefit based on what subscription a player chooses.

Problem solved when there was not even a problem.
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was talking about everything in general. Not specific items or random sales.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope
    I was talking about everything in general. Not specific items or random sales.

We fully understand what you are talking about and frankly, we do not see it happening.

And we already get a great discount when we choose the longer subscription. That is the point. A player who chooses a yearslong sub is already getting a 22% discount on their subscription which means they are getting a 22% discount on the crowns that come with it. That is on top of the select items they discount about 20% each month. Even then, the savvy player will buy any additional crowns they want during the crown sales.

The thing is, games tend to either discount their cash ship items or they discount their cash shop currency. Not both.
    Edited by Amottica on May 15, 2023 7:51PM
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nope
    Seals of Endeavor and the loot box system shouldn't be in the game to begin with, and you should be able to earn most cosmetics in game without having to purchase anything other than the game+chapters. Like in WoW. That's one of the main reasons that game is still alive after over 20 years, this game is chugging along after less than 10.
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats why I suggested it because it's not a thing exactly in the game
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope
    Thats why I suggested it because it's not a thing exactly in the game

The suggestion is so those who heavily support the cash shop monetization to get a discount in doing so if they purchase the year-long subscription.

That may not be the intention but that is exactly what it will serve and why Zenimax will not do it.