Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there any benefit to doing provisioning and alchemy master writs ?

vsrs_au
vsrs_au
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
As per the title, is it really worth it ?

I noticed that one of today's endeavours is to do a consumables master writ. Then I checked exactly what I'd need for them, and wasn't impressed. Only alchemy and provisioning are eligible for this endeavour, I think: I did an enchanting master writ I got recently, and the endeavour wasn't completed. I had none of the other 2 types in my inventory.

The alchemy writs cost about 3k or more to buy, while the provisioning writs available to buy cost about 50 to 100 gold, but only in 2 recipes: Orzorga's Smoked Bear Haunch, and Psijic Ambrosia, both of which require very expensive ingredients. So I decided not to do that endeavour, because I just couldn't think of any benefit to doing it, particularly since it's just 1 daily endeavour giving me only 15 seals.

If I'm missing some obvious benefit here, please let me know, happy to be educated on this.
Edited by vsrs_au on April 26, 2023 9:20AM
PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alchemy and Enchanting master writs are used by many players for leveling characters and skills quickly. New characters can get those skill lines leveled quickly and they do not require motif knowledge to complete the master writ, unlike the durable writs (or very expensive items like jewelry).

They are easier to get to drop from daily writs, because it's very easy to get the maximum drop chance by simply learning the traits of all reagents or runes (which are not time-gated like trait research for durable crafts, or very expensive like motifs, which are what affect those drop rates)

We also just got off of back to back double XP events, so the supply is strained and prices are high
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    they give writ vouchers. that's their benefit like all other master writs
    Edited by LunaFlora on April 26, 2023 1:09PM
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They also give xp; for the time spent, master writs are a lot of xp, which isn't limited (like say the random dungeon xp, which is once per day per character).
    To sort of answer another part ofthe original question: provisioning writs don't drop that often. The ones that drop that are cheap to make don't make it to market that often, and probably sell quickly when they do, so most of what you find are the ones that need perfect roe or other extremely expensive ingredients, that people don't want to make.
    Alchemy master writs drop a lot more often, but prices for the writs are higher because you're competing with people who have big budgets and want to level quickly. I don't personally sell or buy alchemy master writs, I just do the ones I get myself (which is quite a few).
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of Provisioning Master Writs are for things that don't require Perfect Roe or other super-rare ingredients. Unfortunately, those are the master writs which players usually complete as soon as they get them in their rewards, which is why you usually only see the ones that require super-rare ingredients for sale. Just hang onto a few of the easy-to-do ones when you get them, so you'll have one for whenever they're a Daily Endeavor.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Hoghorn
    Hoghorn
    ✭✭✭
    i only do master writs that drop from my own crafting. i only do the consumable master writs that take cheap mats. i have an alt parked in mournhold with an xp scroll always up and do easy writs on him for xp, vouchers and endeavours if applicable (main knows all motifs so he gets the remainder). i always have one each easy cheap to make alchemy and provisioning writs in his inventory for days with the endeavour. if xp, gold and endeavour completion aren't a priority then probably best to sell them on a trader if you can.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    A lot of Provisioning Master Writs are for things that don't require Perfect Roe or other super-rare ingredients. Unfortunately, those are the master writs which players usually complete as soon as they get them in their rewards, which is why you usually only see the ones that require super-rare ingredients for sale. Just hang onto a few of the easy-to-do ones when you get them, so you'll have one for whenever they're a Daily Endeavor.
    I'll try that if I ever get one! :) I've been leveled up in all 7 crafts for months now, and have collected various food/drink recipes, but I can't recall getting any master provisioning writ yet. Is the drop rate linked to the number of recipes you've learned ?
    Edited by vsrs_au on April 27, 2023 8:44PM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I'll try that if I ever get one! :) I've been leveled up in all 7 crafts for months now, and have collected various food/drink recipes, but I can't recall getting any master provisioning writ yet. Is the drop rate linked to the number of recipes you've learned ?

Purple and Gold Recipes
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Gracous
    Gracous
    ✭✭✭
    Enlightened period + 150% xp scroll = 563K xp if you do one of each kind of master writ. If you include 100% event on top of that its 663K xp. So yes its worth it.
    A good way to level alts and/or CP.
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alts absolutely never can possibly get the enlightenment bonus. Before they reach level 50, the bonus can't apply to them. Afterwards, they contribute to account progress like all other characters who reached level 50.