The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ONE CAMPAIGN PVP CYRODIIL

Tzirzhalir
Tzirzhalir
✭✭
As the PVP community is becoming smaller and smaller and players in Cyrodiil are using off-peak times to boost scores which makes competitive large scale pvp null and void, I would like to see how many of the ESO community would be happy rather having one Campaign instead of the three we have now. GrayHost is the most popular with the other two Ravenwatch and Blackreach maps being dominated by one alliance most of the time. This of course would change under the Whitestrakes Event where Cyrodiil is more populated giving players the chance to not over populate only one server but have many to be able to get their event tickets daily during this event.

ONE CAMPAIGN PVP CYRODIIL 41 votes

ONE CAMPAIGN ONLY
29%
darrenl123-b14_ESOujimaxdsalterxMauiWauiStoneSlayerPrax3desWoppaBoemN3CR01Storm27StarsQuackerypedrogonzalezTzirzhalir 12 votes
THREE CAMPAIGNS - AS IT STANDS NOW
70%
accidentalistleetacakesb16_ESODTStormfoxLauranaeLarsSTerraDewBerryThunderclapFluxx3Fruity_NinjaJohngo0036ValarMorghulis1896Hyporisfizl101TheSpunkyLobsterBenTSGWILC0JierdanitAbstraqtStarlight_KnightMarcus684 29 votes
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already run in to Queues on weeknights of around 50. Weekend nights I don't even bother. Think it would be a terrible idea to reduce alternatives further

Three campaigns as it is now is not great either. But more towards I think the least pop needs to be improved to where people consider it more. Threes actually 4 also. Not just 3.

I'd take the sub 50, and make it all levels. All set stats and procs disabled. No CP. Stats hard set and you just select your skills. Completely normalized campaign.

Id take the no proc campaign and change it to match battle grounds rules of no CP but procs work. Needs to exist or battle grounds need to match a campaign otherwise for one build to work in both a campaign and a battle ground

The 2 CP and proc campaigns stay s they are as they do see activity. Off peak imbalance would need to be done by scoring incentives or disadvantages that actually work as intended and be less exploitable. Not by eliminating campaign access in prime time.
    Edited by TechMaybeHic on May 5, 2023 11:10AM
  • Tzirzhalir
    Tzirzhalir
    ✭✭
    ONE CAMPAIGN ONLY
    Nice ideas, thanks for the input and yep I forgot to mention the under 50, my bad
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tzirzhalir wrote: »
    As the PVP community is becoming smaller and smaller and players in Cyrodiil are using off-peak times to boost scores which makes competitive large scale pvp null and void...

Cyrodil has never been competitive to anyone other than roleplayers playing in some state of suspended disbelief. As a competitive PvP game it has always been laughable.

If you want competitive PvP you don't:

- Have teams with different numbers of players.
    - Let people pick their team / switch team each match, etc.
    - Have new players directly facing players with thousands of hours.
    - Have casuals directly facing tryhards.
    - Have a 30 day match which means even if the above flaws were solved, it would still be a joke, because you could get 15 guys to hop on another account on another faction and fix the match.

and so on.

Cyrodil is literally the opposite to what is required for competitive PvP, which is why things like the score, "winning", "fights", etc, have always been meaningless and why it (and that type of PvP in general) is so unsuccessful.

No one with any real interest in skilled, competitive or even vaguely decent PvP (A.K.A an actual PvP'er) is playing Cyrodil.

Hence it would require far, far more than your "fix" to make Cyrodil even vaguely competitive.
    Edited by Sylosi on May 5, 2023 12:58PM
  • Tzirzhalir
    Tzirzhalir
    ✭✭
    ONE CAMPAIGN ONLY
    Never seen it from that perspective. Thank you.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    definitely not 1 campaign, because grey host on PC NA can easily get to queue of 50+, not to mention the lag is still somehow worse in grey host than other campaigns (though the difference is much less than it used to be)

like others suggest the no proc campaign needs to change, preferably back to the way it used to be (no cp but with procs)

and i could also agree with the suggestion of the under 50 campaign to instead of allowing procs to disable set gear completely
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One other consideration from a less pvp-oriented player - reducing the number of campaigns too drastically could lead to the undesired outcome where pvp'ers find themselves stuck in a long queue waiting for pve players (we do actually go into Cyro - I've done all the pve achievs there, shop at the golden vendor every Friday, and I do some light pvp for tier 1 rewards regularly) who are currently getting those pve things done in a quiet campaign.
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on May 5, 2023 4:30PM
  • pedrogonzalez
    pedrogonzalez
    ✭✭
    ONE CAMPAIGN ONLY
    I give my voice for 1 campaign cyro - 1 nocp proc campaign.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THREE CAMPAIGNS - AS IT STANDS NOW
    Every night on PC/NA GH is a 40+ queue, so reducing to 1 campaign would make it basically inaccesible for a lot of people. I have about a 3-hour window in the evenings that I have available for gaming and a 2+ hour queue would basically spell the end of my ESO pvp career.

I think the number of campaigns is fine as is. People who want options have them. If any changes need to be made, ZOS needs to make no-proc and lowbie pvp more attractive to players who are interested in them.
  • Tzirzhalir
    Tzirzhalir
    ✭✭
    ONE CAMPAIGN ONLY
    Thank you for your input
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The first issue is that the campaigns cater to specific interests which his the second flaw of Cyrodiil after performance issues.

The more I have experienced Cyrodiil I think the design GW2 has worked better though it would be tricky to implement team-wise and would require ditching the aspects implanted for some of the campaigns.