Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Nightblades should get Free Respecs until fixed

Evergreen
Evergreen
✭✭✭
Bugged and broken abilities of the Nightblades are really getting frustrating and we have so many broken skills I think our class should temporarily get free re-specializations until the class is fixed. Last night I invested two skill points into the passive Magicka Flood only to find out it did not work. Unless I respec, I cannot get those points back which could be useful in crafting or in any skill that actually works.

Magicka Flood <Passive> – Gives 8% max magicka at level 2 per siphoning ability that is slotted. This is not detecting siphoning abilities which I discovered last night with the morphed skill Swallow Soul

Siphoning Strikes <Leeching Strike> – Only gives an extra 2.4% health instead of the expected 4%.

Death Stroke <Incapacitating Strike> and <Soul Harvest> On occasion the animation will happen however the ability is not actually triggered.

Assassin’s Blade <Killer’s Blade> and <Impale> – On occasion the animation will happen however the ability is not actually triggered. This happens randomly and is extremely irritating so I stopped using the ability altogether

These are the abilities which I have personally used and confirmed are broken but there are other Nightblade skills which others have listed as being bugged as well.

• Tripp3r
    Tripp3r
    ✭✭✭
    Nah....

(plays a nightblade)
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i have dumped 20Kish, possibly more, on respecs on my Nightblade because i felt that nothing I attempted to have him do felt strong or comparable to others. Tanking sucked, Caster sucked, meh. I've got my Nightblade to level 37, and i've decided to go back to my Templar Bow/Resto lvl 23.....

I agree with OP, but i think it should be a reduced cost for all respecs, not just Nightblades.
    Edited by jambam817_ESO on May 1, 2014 6:39PM
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Dissagree
    Plays as NB as well.
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently it costs 100 gold per skill point to respec.

Personally I'd prefer a starting cost of 20 gold per skill point, with that amount doubling every time you respec within a one month rolling period.

If you had 50 skill points your first respec would cost 1000 gold. If you respecced again within a month, it would cost you 2000 gold. Again within a month from the last respec and you'd be paying 4000, then 8000, then 16000, so on and so forth.

100 per point is too much for low level players even if they do have limited skillpoints, but it's too little for higher level players.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a vet 5 nightblade, and I can barely scrape by, I just wiped about 5 times on then end elite of a questline, can't kill it no matter what one attack from him does 30% of my health, not fun, so I've abandoned my main in favor of a new nightblade, a tank, plan on running the shadow knight build I've seen on the forums, and ItsZiz made a cool video about nightblade tanking.
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Currently it costs 100 gold per skill point to respec.

Personally I'd prefer a starting cost of 20 gold per skill point, with that amount doubling every time you respec within a one month rolling period.

If you had 50 skill points your first respec would cost 1000 gold. If you respecced again within a month, it would cost you 2000 gold. Again within a month from the last respec and you'd be paying 4000, then 8000, then 16000, so on and so forth.

100 per point is too much for low level players even if they do have limited skillpoints, but it's too little for higher level players.

I'm in the veteran ranks now with my Nightblade so its really expensive to respec. I'd feel better if the devs just simply fixed broken Nightblade skills instead of a free respec but with them releasing new content instead of fixing stuff who knows how long the wait will be. I think I'll just spend 13,000 gold to get my skillpoints back that are sunk into the broken abilities since it will boost my research in the long run while waiting for fixes.

Please fix broken Nightblade skills before adding new content devs.
  • Enrayha
    Enrayha
    Evergreen wrote: »
    Magicka Flood <Passive> – Gives 8% max magicka at level 2 per siphoning ability that is slotted. This is not detecting siphoning abilities which I discovered last night with the morphed skill Swallow Soul

You need only 1 syph ability slotted and more doesnt increase the bonus. Works for me
    Siphoning Strikes <Leeching Strike> – Only gives an extra 2.4% health instead of the expected 4%.
    Well for me i use the other morph and he works. ;) But i heard from others that its rly only 2-3%.
    Death Stroke <Incapacitating Strike> and <Soul Harvest> On occasion the animation will happen however the ability is not actually triggered.
    Never had this issue to my way on Vet10 and i used it very often.
    Assassin’s Blade <Killer’s Blade> and <Impale> – On occasion the animation will happen however the ability is not actually triggered. This happens randomly and is extremely irritating so I stopped using the ability altogether

Also never had this... Except when the mob was already dead and didnt saw it on my screen.

• ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I've wasted yet another 20k gold for respeccing and I don't feel any stronger...
    Shadowy Disguise and Surprise Attack failing about 30% time are getting REALLY *** frustrating, but we can't seem to build NB without them.. unless we go full healer.. which is probably the only working NB build - but we CANNOT SOLO ANY VR QUESTS in it.

WHOLE assassination line and half Shadow line are bugged to hell and totally useless:

Haste increases attack speed only for 2handed weapons, for every other seems to have zero effect.

Mark Target is the ultimate useless spell (aka about 5% dmg increase on a single target while wasting your slot) - also guildie who was testing it yesterday for me told me it wasn't healing him on marked kill..

Veiled Strike and morphs depends on weapon crit, eats magicka, fails to stun and put off balance from stealth about 30% time and worst of all - damage seems NOT to scale with anything but level. I'm doing the same stupid 230 dmg with it naked and in full gear.

Assassin's Blade has high (about 20%) chance to fail to deal damage. Impale morph is the same, just on range, so you actually see the red tentacle striking and dealing zero damage. Killer's Blade fails to heal you for 15% (at least guildie of mine claims so)

Master Assassin (passive) ONLY works for a single ability - Teleport Strike (and only when done from stealth), by increasing WEAPON DAMAGE. But guess what? Teleport strike's damage scales with magicka and spell damage, not weapon damage and stamina. The other half of passive about longer stun from stealth attack doesn't seem to have any effect.

Pressure Points (passive) doesn't increase crit chance by 2% per assassination ability on bar, you get 2% for first, then 0.2% for every other - with full assassin bar, you get 3%.

Hemorrhage (passive) isn't bugged as far as I know, but it requires slotted assassination ability to work... and since every other ability is either bugged or totally useless..

So yeah, NBs are pretty much screwed all over.
  • Enrayha
    Enrayha
    I solo played all quests to v10 as nb. y its more challanging as with another class but if u find out a build that works u kill solo mobs faster as with all other classes. And y the most skills are broken, but im sure they will fix this soon enough.

If u click on my other vids u find some ini runs to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TdLmo1Opoc

• Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    Enrayha wrote: »

You need only 1 syph ability slotted and more doesnt increase the bonus. Works for me

It doesn't detect Swallow Soul as a siphoning ability. With my ranged skills this is the only siphoning ability I use and have confirmed the Magicka Flood passive is not detecting it to give the 8% magicka increase.

I've compiled a list from a list of broken/bugged Nightblade abilities from Reddit and Tamriel Foundry for those who want to avoid broken skills before wasting points.

Assassination:

Assassin’s Blade <Killer’s Blade> and <Impale> – On occasion the animation will happen however the ability is not actually triggered. These abilities are also bugged in that they cannot crit. This may be fixed in 1.1

Haste <Focused Attacks> and <Incapacitate> – The attack speed increase of 30% doesn’t affect bow weapons.

Mark Target <Reaper’s Mark> – The gain damage bonus effect does not appear to work.

Mark Target <Piercing Mark> – Allows you to see and attack targets who are sneaking however not targets that are invisible currently.

Teleport Strike <Ambush> – On occasion the animation will happen however the ability is not actually triggered.

Shadow:

Shadow Cloak <Shadowy Disguise> – Approximately 25% of the time this ability does not trigger any of its effects.

Shadow Cloak <Shadowy Disguise> and <Dark Cloak> – On occasion you wont visually be invisible but you are to the mobs.

Shadow Cloak <Shadowy Disguise> and <Dark Cloak> – Your character becomes invisible however enemy players can see particle effects and thus be able to locate your player.

Veiled Strike <Concealed Weapon> – The 22% movement speed in stealth while slotted effect appears to suffer the dreaded “Once you’ve died you need to re-log or zone to rectify the issue”. Workaround: If you re-log or change zones it will force the passive effect to work again.

Veiled Strike <Surprise Attack> and <Concealed Weapon> – Often the animation and stun effect will occur but no damage is done to the enemy.

Path of Darkness <Twisting Path> and <Refreshing Path> – This ability appears to be affected by terrain, the magicka cost is spent however the ability does not trigger.

Aspect of Terror <Mass Hysteria> and <Manifestation of Terror> – The base fear effect of 2 nearby enemies doesn’t appear to last the suggested 4 seconds all the time. It is often between 1.5 – 4 seconds.

Siphoning:

Strife <Funnel Health> – On occasion it doesn’t apply to anyone.

Strife <Funnel Health> – Doesn’t appear to be healing allies for the actual amount it should be, inconsistent heal effects.

Cripple <Debilitate> and <Crippling Grasp> – The dot effect of this ability does not work on mobs that are immune to snare effects.

Siphoning Strikes <Leeching Strike> – Only gives an extra 2.4% health instead of the expected 4%. This I've confirmed myself.

Drain Power <Sap Essence> – Is unable to perform a critical strike for both the damage and healing component of this ability.

Drain Power <Sap Essence> – Will not cast the heal effect unless the enemy is being damaged.

Drain Power <Sap Essence> – Heals only for the base amount, and the +20% heal per target hit is never applied.

Edited by Evergreen on May 3, 2014 8:24AM
  • MasterLanz
    MasterLanz
    ✭✭✭
    Note to the above: Teleport Strike is an assassination skill, not a shadow skill.

Anyways, I don't have a problem with nightblade to the point that I would need a free respec. The incorrect tooltip for Silver Leash bothered me far more than any of these do.

While it is unfortunate that these don't all work correctly, few of them are completely useless. Even if someone let me unmorph Leeching Strikes and redeem my skill point, I'd just morph it back into Leeching Strikes again because 2.4% is still a great amount of health sustaining.
  • Celless
    Celless
    ✭✭✭
    The Deathstroke and Assassin's Blade misses do suck (and the resources get consumed). This happened more often during the launch days than it has of late. Haven't had an issue with the Magicka Flood (that I've noticed, I'll check this tonight).

I'm a little fuzzy on the Assassination passives and I've respec'd since then. I think it was because I could not tell from the UI if the crit slotted work (and did not have a combat stat mod then). May revisit it after I fulfill my other skill point objectives.
    Edited by Celless on May 2, 2014 4:43PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree that we should have free respec untill nightblade is fixed because my nightblade is definately has the problems mentioned above.
  • tehlaserwolfb14_ESO
    in VR levels gold comes pouring into your coffers. 100 per point isnt unfair. Just develop your core bar and dont invest any more points until it feels the way you want it.
  • Aedh
    Aedh
    ✭✭✭
    Evergreen, for Sap Essence, you can add the fact that it heals only for the base amount, and the +20% heal per target hit is never applied.

As for Refreshing Path, it ticks more than once per second (but for some reason I like this bug :wink: )
  • Krohm
    Krohm
    ✭✭
    I just shelved my 45 NB till they get fixed, AOE grinding here I come...
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    MasterLanz wrote: »
    Note to the above: Teleport Strike is an assassination skill, not a shadow skill.

Thanks, just fixed that.
    Aedh wrote: »
    Evergreen, for Sap Essence, you can add the fact that it heals only for the base amount, and the +20% heal per target hit is never applied.

Thanks for the update I'll add that.

Edited by Evergreen on May 2, 2014 5:32PM
  • Celless
    Celless
    ✭✭✭
    Celless wrote: »
    The Deathstroke and Assassin's Blade misses do suck (and the resources get consumed). This happened more often during the launch days than it has of late. Haven't had an issue with the Magicka Flood (that I've noticed, I'll check this tonight).

I'm a little fuzzy on the Assassination passives and I've respec'd since then. I think it was because I could not tell from the UI if the crit slotted work (and did not have a combat stat mod then). May revisit it after I fulfill my other skill point objectives.

Aw man, Magicka Flood was riding off my Ultimate, Soul Siphon. Took that off my bar and tried Funnel Health, but I never received the bonus Max Magicka. This is kinda depressing. I was about to switch to Consuming Darkness > soon.
    Edited by Celless on May 2, 2014 8:19PM
  • Butcherboy
    Butcherboy
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like a free respec, but I would far prefer to have all my abilities working correctly. For the moment I think I will just reroll or something.
    Check out our Guildex page!
    Do you PvP? You should check EsoStats first!
  • Evergreen
    Evergreen
    ✭✭✭
    Butcherboy wrote: »
    I'd like a free respec, but I would far prefer to have all my abilities working correctly. For the moment I think I will just reroll or something.

I agree and I don't even want a buff or other classes to be nerfed just our bugged/broken abilities to be fixed. Instead of Dark Talons being nerfed I would just want a skill like immovable to counter it and of course Talons should not affect more than 6 targets at once which I thought I read earlier Zenimax is looking into this.

Today I was disappointed as a vampire just getting nerfed and cured myself since its no longer worth the drawbacks but I certainly understand why it needed to be nerfed. I was also very pleased the exploit with Bolt Escape while carrying an Elder Scroll is no longer possible and this wasn't a nerf but simply adjusting how players can interact with the Elder Scroll.

Overall I'm enjoying my class and the game immensely but honestly a bit frustrated with our abilities that are bugged/broken and am hoping we get fixed at some point.
  • Diaboli
    Diaboli
    ✭✭✭
    In all of the MMOs I've played in, they will give you one free respec in situations like this. I don't know if they do it here because my builds are all AWESOME.
    If I throw a dog a bone, I don't care to know how it tastes... - Brick Top