The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about teaming

Bigpappapump
Bigpappapump
Soul Shriven
Hello,
i am just 2 weekks old in ESO and i am really enjoying the game. (Allthough i play cards most of the time :) )
i started this game to check if it is good for my lan party. (playing with 3 friends since 2002)
we are allmost done wioth our current mmo.

i saw a few guide videos and red a few guides that helped me getting into ESO.

But i didnt find anything about grouping , except one old guide.
it says that we only can group if we are all in one alliance.

is that true?
so if we start a lan we could only choose from 3 races to team up later?

Cheers and thanks!
BPP
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to PVP in Cyrodil or Imperial City together in a group all three of you have to be in the same alliance. For PVE, dungeons, Trials anything NOT PVP related it doesn't matter what alliance you are you can group up.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    Hi.

Been in the same alliance is true for PVP (Cyrodiil and IC) only. So, it depends on what your group wants to do.
  • Bigpappapump
    Bigpappapump
    Soul Shriven
    Hi,
    thanks for the answers!

we are 99% PVE oriented :)

Cheers
    BPP
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a very old guide, they fixed that years ago.

Your alliance only matters for PvP and for a few elements in the main story (mainly where The Harbourage is) but I think the main story is all solo anyway.

Incidentally you can pay to remove the race restriction on alliances - if you buy the Any Race in Any Alliance bundle from the crown store you can pick the two separately on the character creation screen.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Bigpappapump
    Bigpappapump
    Soul Shriven
    Danikat wrote: »
    ....Incidentally you can pay to remove the race restriction on alliances - if you buy the Any Race in Any Alliance bundle from the crown store you can pick the two separately on the character creation screen.

ah that's an awesome tipp !!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....Incidentally you can pay to remove the race restriction on alliances - if you buy the Any Race in Any Alliance bundle from the crown store you can pick the two separately on the character creation screen.

ah that's an awesome tipp !!
    Note that this only matter for pvp and the zone your main quest and the undaunted, fighter and mage guild quest lines operate in. You can also pay to switch alliance later if you want to group up in Cyrodil.
    You will also want to make multiple characters down the line.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's a very old guide, they fixed that years ago.....

"Fix" implies it was broken, it was that way by design.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Bigpappapump
    Bigpappapump
    Soul Shriven
    zaria wrote: »
    Note that this only matter for pvp and the zone your main quest and the undaunted, fighter and mage guild quest lines operate in. You can also pay to switch alliance later if you want to group up in Cyrodil.
    You will also want to make multiple characters down the line.

It's only important for our lan party. but also thx for the hint with the main story and guilds!