The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

more interesting sounds / animations for keep repairs please

Heals_With_Orbs
Heals_With_Orbs
✭✭✭
Just an idea, but I thought it might be more interesting if there was more variety with sounds and / or animations when repairing keeps,

For example, if you are on a keep wall, then the floor surface is wood planks, so maybe some sawing sounds or the knocking sound you get when you use a woodworking crafting table

When repairing stone surfaces such as the floors, it would trigger the pickaxe sound when harvesting blacksmithing ore

I think it could be a little more interesting than it currently is, and the sound effects are already present.

Currently all we get is a crunching sound, so a little more variety would be interesting

I worked on the Skywind mod as a sound designer / audio engineer, and its amazing just how much something so small can make such a big difference
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree that sound design can make a big difference. I'm thinking of New World.
    Edited by fred4 on May 2, 2023 9:21PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like for the screaming and heal me npcs to get toned down a bit...

it gets a little creepy at times...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    I would like for the screaming and heal me npcs to get toned down a bit...

it gets a little creepy at times...
    Hahaha, especially if a healer hasn't taken damage yet, but starts healing himself.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB