The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Not Fun Anymore

Almakor
Almakor
✭✭✭
I like to run dungeons casually; killing mobs, looting chests, and talking to NPC's. But these days you always get at least one group member who charges forward, pulls/avoids mobs, and triggering boss encounters while the group is still halfway towards the spot. Sometimes just arbitrarily making it a corpse run. They may just want to get set pieces asap, but it ruins the fun for players that want to enjoy the runs. I asked if adding these guys to ignore would keep me from grouping with them when using dungeon finder, but was told that's not the case. I REALLY think that should be the case, as well as some indication that when you are invited to a group someone you IGNORE is in it.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried yelling at them and vote kicking? If it’s a normal dungeon the 3 of you should be able to get through fine. Personally as a tank I do run ahead because of people like that (have to beat them there…). But stand and wait before pulling if no one else is around.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally realize this isn't as easy to accomplish as it is for me to type as a suggestion, but I highly recommend seeking out some compatible people to run dungeons with. Guilds can be very helpful here.

Relying on the game to group random players IS quick and easy, but it is also unlikely to regularly produce the experience one desires, as random people will have random goals, motivations, skill levels, etc.

(Some improvements to the group finder would help with this sort of complaint too. The OP is absolutely right that one shouldn't be grouped with people they've ignored, for example. But we're stuck waiting on zos for things like this).
    Edited by valenwood_vegan on May 2, 2023 4:33PM
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What would make the ignore list being a prohibitive barrier imlractical is this; you will meet more 100 rushers. If you play long enough, more than 1000. RND are a churn for fast XP and transmute crystals.

Hopefully one day we will get a group finder that allows people to further filter potential groups, like, quests, story, etc.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Almakor wrote: »
    They may just want to get set pieces asap, but it ruins the fun for players that want to enjoy the runs.

The thing is, if you use dungeon finder you will end up with people you don't know. Other people might find that you try to ruin their time (some people don't have a lot of time, and just want to get the dungeon over with). There's as many wishes as there's people.

The best way to end up with likeminded people is to not use the groupfinder, but either ask friends or in a guild to do dungeons with you. Or just solo the dungeon on normal.

I think you would need way more spots on the ignore list than 100 to not get 'rushers' in groupfinder, even if it would work like that.
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    I mean if you're gonna rush through the mobs they might as well just put one boss right after the other.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I mean if you're gonna rush through the mobs they might as well just put one boss right after the other.

People do try to skip trash when possible and group multiple trash packs together. The reason being is that it is faster to do so, 3 trash packs together can die at the same time. The thing is that people have to be aware of how much they can get away with or else everyone gets stuck in combat which is then complained about as if it's a bug.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »

People do try to skip trash when possible and group multiple trash packs together. The reason being is that it is faster to do so, 3 trash packs together can die at the same time. The thing is that people have to be aware of how much they can get away with or else everyone gets stuck in combat which is then complained about as if it's a bug.

Yeah well not everyone can stay alive long enough to burn the trash stack. I've been a few groups that wiped because of that, and it's no less annoying.
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Have you tried yelling at them and vote kicking? If it’s a normal dungeon the 3 of you should be able to get through fine. Personally as a tank I do run ahead because of people like that (have to beat them there…). But stand and wait before pulling if no one else is around.

With Random Finder it is possible to be stuck with 3 group member who don't mind running across the lava lakes in City of Ash 2. I've groaned enough to cause an ulcer experiencing that. Of course, the other group members may simply not mind it look I and/or others do. What REALLY pisses me off is when someone whose a DPS joins as a tank or healer just to get grouped faster. I'd like nothing more than to rip off their nuts with how much stress they cause.
    Edited by Almakor on May 5, 2023 3:43PM