The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Anyone having problems with game freezing all the time?

olda90
olda90
✭✭✭
Since yesterday im having my game freezing and now its doing it every 1-2 seconds, idk whats wrong with my pc everything was working fine in the last days and never had this kind of issues in the last years even though my pc is not that updated. Idk if its my pc, if its wihdows, if its steam or eso, i was trying yesterday to clone my HD on a new HD and had some issues using a software called Macrium Reflect (now i cant format anymore my new HD), i had to remove my HD with ESO for run the new HD. Cant really imagine how the problem could really come from that if that is the cause its insane.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 29, 2023 5:08PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That happened to me once. Updating my graphics drivers fixed it.
    PCNA
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb
    ✭✭✭
    I keep getting booted out of the game after logging in which is unsual for me as a rarely have any problems with this game
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Haven't had any problems with ESO crashing since I built a new PC last year.
    Used to crash on my laptop occasionally.
    Edited by N3CR01 on April 29, 2023 3:35PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • olda90
    olda90
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be a problem with corrupted files on windows that affects nvidia software and drivers (not only nvidia also steam and other app) i couldn't open nvidia applications and couldn't install a new driver. The problem started since i tried to move my last HD on a new one using a software (damn Macrium Reflect) that did a clone of the file system but seems that they add some kind of "security thing" on the windows files and now having all sort of conflicts and cant format anymore my new HD. I used windows recovery tool from prompt command and now i could install the new nvidia drivers so it seems that its fixed for now. Not sure though the system had returned as before of that software.
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm using an AMD GPU so maybe the problem is with Nvidia GPU's (had one on my laptop)
  • olda90
    olda90
    ✭✭✭
    ok i restarted having that issue i closed the MSI afterburner GPU monitor and now it seems to be fixed again, i hope it wont last long this thing but could be something with nvidia drivers after ESO last update as mentioned somewhere on the online support platform:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/incident?fresh

"We are currently investigating an issue with a freeze and crash after the latest update that is impacting a small number of users. We are still reviewing a resolution to the recent freezing/crashing and have found the below bullets and the Standard Troubleshooting below has been found to be helpful in resolving the issue. If you would like to be notified of updates on this topic, please log into the help portal and select "Notify Me" on this page.

It is possible that there is software running on the computer that is causing issues with our game, such as an overlay. Try disabling any overlays temporarily and try again.
    3rd party applications such as GPU Monitors, Macro record/playback, and other 3rd party graphical/overlay tools-mods may prevent the game from launching. We recommend that these types of applications are fully terminated before launching the game.
    Leave the loading screen running as it may take awhile for some players to load shaders and background options. "
    Edited by olda90 on April 29, 2023 6:51PM
  • olda90
    olda90
    ✭✭✭
    cool is starting again
  • olda90
    olda90
    ✭✭✭
    Reinstalled WIndows, reinstalled drivers, reinstalled steam, reinstalled ESO = same problems as before if not even WORST. GREAT
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @olda90

If you've not done so, please go ahead and open a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post