Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xbox Trader Swap during maintenance

geng14159
geng14159
✭✭✭
The weekly trader swap time for Xbox currently is at 3 pm EDT. However, the banner says maintenance is lasting until 4 pm EDT. What is going to happen to traders this week? Many guilds (mine included) typically have people on stand-by on Tuesdays to find a trader location if all of our bids fail. This is even more important for the free traders.

Is this maintenance window correct in the banner? If so, it's going to be hard on a lot of guilds for Xbox this week as we scramble to have people waiting online for when the maintenance ends so we can try to find a trader if we lost our bid.
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When maintenance is during trader swap i just bid on traders in advance, I know trader costs in several cities so I place 9 city bids then 1 bid on a trader out in the wild if I would lose all 9 bids.

Ps5eu
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Console maintenance (both XBox and PS) has occurred during trader swap before, albeit usually as an unexpected extended maintenance rather than a planned one. You responsibly place your bids ahead of time as swap will still occur at the appointed hour even though you are not in the server to watch it.

When the maintenance is done and servers are back up, it is then a mad dash to log in and seen the results of flip. Any unhired traders will be available to hire if you get there fast enough.
    Edited by DragonRacer on May 1, 2023 11:34AM
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    isn't it server update?

(beginning of May and 14 hours downtime)
    Edited by ghost_bg_ESO on May 1, 2023 12:22PM
  • geng14159
    geng14159
    ✭✭✭
    When the maintenance is done and servers are back up, it is then a mad dash to log in and seen the results of flip. Any unhired traders will be available to hire if you get there fast enough.

And that is the problem. I have a group of around 10 people and we cover 5 guilds and try to make sure we have a trader for them each week. 4 of those are free guilds so we don't have lots of extra money to bid. These 10 people have blocked off around the normal trader swap time of 3 pm to be available to help. But maintenance windows rarely end when they say they will end. It could be early, it could be late. If we are lucky, we will half the normal group today since many will be busy later in the day.

It's just frustrating that this maintenance window could happen any other day besides Tuesday.