Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does Force Shock do more damage than Puncturing Strikes or Piercing Javelin?

Scott86
Scott86
I play a magicka Templar. So far easier in PvP than Dragon Knight I played. I've two skill points. One point can go into Restoration Staff, Grand Healing.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, well, hmm. AFAIK no one uses Grand Healing unless they are a healer. For an explanation of what is possibly meta for a PvP templar (DD) these days, I would look no further than Deltia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ1-vSVQjl4

The reason I refer to Deltia is that he's been a templar main. It's the class he loves the most ... and he's given up on Sweeps. He uses a DOT (damage over time) build with Javelin as a stun and the only powerful skill left, Radiant Glory aka Jesus Beam.

Javelin isn't really there for the damage. I personally still like Puncturing Sweeps for dealing with keep guards and just in general. It heals. It's AOE. It's easy to use. It just doesn't do the damage against players anymore to be your main or should I say your only attack. Is Force Shock better? Honestly. Not really. It's ranged. It's different. Crushing Shock is nasty to Dark Dealing sorcs. It can be buffed with certain sets to be pretty nasty, e.g. with Draugrkin and an Asylum destro staff. Then again you can buff Jabs and Radiant with Deadly Strikes, and Draugrkin buffs Jabs too. Since the stamina morph of Jabs gives you Major Sorcery and you got to get that from somewhere, having both Jabs and Crushing Shock is even an option. Maybe not the best in a 1v1, but could be good utility in keep and resource fights.

Templar PvP healing generally comes from Honor the Dead, Living Dark, Extended Ritual, Radiant Glory, Puncturing Sweeps, maybe Rally and Resolving Vigor if you want to take more of a stamina route.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a templar main with a dk alt...dk is much easier than templar in pvp ATM.
    Check out the build editor on uesp. You can see for yourself what skills hit the hardest.
    Force pulse can be dodged, jabs/sweeps can't. However, landing jabs/sweeps on skilled opponents is very difficult and the damage can by reduced by 20 percent (major evasion) + 10 percent (minor evasion incoming for everyone who is grouped with an arcanist).
    Javelin is a stun, and not a spammable.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Scott86
    Scott86
    As a templar main with a dk alt...dk is much easier than templar in pvp ATM.
    Check out the build editor on uesp. You can see for yourself what skills hit the hardest.
    Force pulse can be dodged, jabs/sweeps can't. However, landing jabs/sweeps on skilled opponents is very difficult and the damage can by reduced by 20 percent (major evasion) + 10 percent (minor evasion incoming for everyone who is grouped with an arcanist).
    Javelin is a stun, and not a spammable.

My javelin currently does knockback, which knocks them down. Yet it looks like it only does it one time. I thought you might recommend using the javelin stun. If it would continue to stun them for one second, that would be effective.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cc immunity is a thing. After you are stunned you can't be stunned again for several seconds
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden