The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quest Problem??

livvy7678
livvy7678
✭✭
Hi :) I'm currently running through Cadwell's silver and I'm currently in The rift doing the quest in his wake. It says to collect a bucket to put the fires out but I am unable to collect a bucket from the well. Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I remember right, you have to pick up the bucket and THEN interact with the well...
    & the bucket should be nearby.

Have fun!
    :)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • livvy7678
    livvy7678
    ✭✭
    Turns out the game was directing me to the wrong well, found it! Thanks :)
  • Katastrophia
    Katastrophia
    ✭✭
    livvy7678 wrote: »
    Turns out the game was directing me to the wrong well, found it! Thanks :)

I’m glad you responded about the quest sending you to the wrong well. It was marked on the wrong one for me as well. The true well was on the other side of the area that you’re supposed to put the fires out. Looks like it was never fixed. As I just finally made myself do that quest line.
  • GretchenRPH
    GretchenRPH
    ✭✭
    thank goodness I went to the web.
  • Eric_Prince
    Eric_Prince
    ✭✭✭✭
    Four years later - still not fixed. They never change :)
    Thanks a lot for the tip! I would've never found it myself.
    To be the Chosen One really sounds like lots of fun,
    But in the end you'll just be someone's lunch
    (c)
  • Hurric4ne
    Hurric4ne
    Soul Shriven
    And nearly one more year later, still not fixed.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And STILL not fixed.

The game directs you to a well on the western side of the area with the fires, but it is not possible to interact with anything there.

There are, however, two other wells (in the north of the circle, and on its eastern edge) that DO have buckets by them. However, the game does not put quest circles around these wells, only around the western one which has no bucket.

Yes, it is correct to continue reporting in this old thread, for this old bug that has STILL NEVER BEEN FIXED.
  • finehair
    finehair
    ✭✭✭✭
    still not fixed :)
  • LouisaB75
    LouisaB75
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you from me too for this thread as I also could not figure out why I could not get the bucket from the well and was at the one that is incorrectly marked on the quest marker. Here is a map showing me at one of the correct wells for anyone else who is struggling with this bugged quest.

6EdTgB1.jpg
  • Jedi1josh
    Jedi1josh
    ✭✭
    Thanks for this 8 year old thread