Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Going to use Soul Assault in PVP: talk me out of it

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm tired of relying on Dawnbreaker on my necromancer. The majority of pvp players are using that same ultimate. Amazing diversity in the game, huh. The frozen colossus doesn't hit mobile targets enough for the cost. The blastbones ultimate could be the coolest in the game but it has a massive cost. I don't like Onslaught. I don't want to change from 2h to bow to use that ultimate. Meteor is too telegraphed. So I'm going to use something I never thought I would ever use just to freshen up my pvp experience; I'm going to use Soul Assault.

I'm pretty sure this will be a regrettable experience so maybe talk me out of it. 😂
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try the other morph, the detonation is amazing for catching squishy Nightblades off guard as they block through the beginning of it, and then cloak out of it towards the end. Pops them like little balloons almost everytime.
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes u get a double tick when it breaks off. surprises some ppl. dont hit a tanky dk with it though. theyll shrug & heal it off. fossilize/whip, whip, whip, whip, whip, whip…
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't work, too much time for people to line of site or turtle. I used it with VMA dual wield back in the day but after it was nerfed it just wasn't effective. Maybe in BGs where there's no CP but def not Cyro.
  • ItsNotLiving
    ItsNotLiving
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zaan, Vateshran Ice Staff, Soul Assault, and the Templar beam, all while wearing the deadly strike set. Should make for some laughs.
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weave it with a crushing weapon light attack to really rustle some jimmies
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried to make it work. Its biggest problem is it takes too long to deliver all of its damage and it doesn't ramp in damage in any way. Delivering a flat amount of damage per second over 6 seconds is way too easily counterable.

I've honestly only found 1 really solid way to use it, in conjunction with a dot build. I've had decent success running it on my nightblade, using soul splitting trap, crippling grasp, and degen. The dots + soul assault really overwhelms someone without purge.

If they have purge though, not really effective.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to talk you out of it. I built a stamblade soulassult ganker and played him for a while. Got the tool tip up to a bit over 120k, so it was ticking (tooltip) for 20k a second. It was a good time!
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Jaws about it pairing well with a DoT build. Now I never used it with a DoT build myself, but what I did was use it on a sorc back in the day. Curse and Endless Fury were my "DoTs."

I also agree that the detonation morph is the one you want for PvP. The explosion is good but perhaps more importantly the channel is too long otherwise. Be prepared to have to block cancel your own ultimate sometimes.

I don't know how well it will work these days, but way back when I had a LOT of fun with Soul Assault. I hope you're able to make it work... You'll have fun with it.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run it on my magplar. Fully buffed I am around 110k tooltip and usually crit around 5-8k on squishy players. I think it’s a pretty solid option until I get shooting star.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you really wanna use soul assault the way to do it is degen or w/e major sorcery/brutality buff you use, blastbones, a hard cc like flame clench or turn evil and then soul assault. Best to do it with flame clench, the longer cc animation pretty much guarantees the blastbone hit and at least 1 soul assault tick. Shame we really don't have many decent choices for ults now as necros since dawnbreaker doesn't register like 70% of the time.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok...I'm about to convince you to run it dude...
    147k tooltip. 23k tooltip on radiant oppression.

I run it on magplar, you've prolly seen me on xbox na server, I think ur name sounds familiar.

3M 4L, 5p deadly, 5p war maiden, 1p skoria, 1p oakensoul (zero prebuff helps dramatically when ur as squish as I am),

Just some pointers, you can run firestaff or DW.

-dw gets you more spell damage and much higher soul assault numbers
    -firestaff gets you more ultimate due to light attacks, it also gets you light attacks...which can help with the burst.

If you run DW swords you can achieve the 147k with apprentice mundus.

If sharpened fire staff and lover will have 130k tooltip but will still slap.

The build is insane...I commonly get in the teens with BG kills and sometimes in the 30s...it's crazy. I die often though but it worth it to me
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a decent ulti so far. It's a nice change of pace from dawnbreaker. I don't want to completely build around it though. For now I'm going to stick with Titanborn and Wretched. We'll see how it goes after more than a few hours of playing with it.
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back in the day it didnt use to be a dot, it was one shot material many complaints 😆
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I put together a really janky theorycraft for it a while ago (when cro's DoT passive was +15%), getting the max tooltip of the no-explosion morph to over 150k, it was completely unrealistic to expect to reliably get it to that level in actual game play, but it was very fun to see the tooltip value nonetheless. Btw the max bow ultimate tooltip on that same build was over 200k + the DoT, with a more realistic tooltip of well over 100k + the DoT.

If you're going to try it, maybe try it on a magcro, or try a bowcro if you want stamina version with the same playstyle.
    FB - mag - (flame staff): Ele sus + Crushing shock/force pulse + blast bones + degen (sorcery/brutality buff) + RaT + the explosion morph of soul assault.
    FB - stam - (bow): Poison injection (execute DoT) + magnum shot (the stun/knockback morph) + blast bones + degen (sorcery/brutality buff) + RaT + Toxic barrage (bow ult).
    BB - (choice of defensive weapon): stam scythe + vigor + armor buff + resistant flesh + spirit guardian + (choice of defensive ultimate).

Sets would likely be something similar to deadly front bar, rallying/mara's/wretched back bar, monster set of choice (maybe balorghs) + mythic + 1 pc trainee.

Especially with Mara's balm cooldown doubling from 15s to 30s next patch, there's less frequent mara's proc to instantly cleanse those DoTs/breach off, giving a decent window to get that pressure going and land a soul assault finisher timed with blast bones.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH I think that if ur a magplar or magsorc you can run the build. Otherwise it will be better as a snipe spammer building for stupid barrage numbers.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's been hitting pretty nicely combined with blastbones. Unfortunately some DK and Warden builds are so cracked that they can face-tank all my pressure and immediately go on offense. It's pretty crazy. Templars can heal through it too but most of them do a lot of kiting. I just have to make sure I get them low enough before I use it.
  • aurelius_fx
    aurelius_fx
    ✭✭✭
    1- People can still tank/heal/LOS
    2- You're vulnerable the whole time
    Good luck!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when used correctly its fairly similar to the bow ultimate

the bow ultimate can be dodged though, while i dont think the soul ultimate can be dodged since its a beam dot instead of a series of direct dmg hits

i will agree with others in that it wont be effective on everyone

i personally use the ice comet meteor for the heavy burst dmg
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    if you really wanna use soul assault the way to do it is degen or w/e major sorcery/brutality buff you use, blastbones, a hard cc like flame clench or turn evil and then soul assault. Best to do it with flame clench, the longer cc animation pretty much guarantees the blastbone hit and at least 1 soul assault tick. Shame we really don't have many decent choices for ults now as necros since dawnbreaker doesn't register like 70% of the time.

Oh so it's not just me dropping it on people right in front of me and missing at least half the time
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh so it's not just me dropping it on people right in front of me and missing at least half the time

that was my experience when using dawnbreaker, could never hit anyone with it lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that was my experience when using dawnbreaker, could never hit anyone with it lol

That's just another reason I'm tired of Dawnbreaker. But mostly because it's so boring to me at this point.
  • Artim_X
    Artim_X
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shatter their souls like a true necromancer!
    (AD) Artim X/Xirtām/Måtrix |PC/NA| Casual staff wielding vampire sorcerer/templar/arcanist
    Electric-Burn/Stun
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Av0zcKH3i2BkaY1GXW/giphy.gif/https://c.tenor.com/jQHdFftrgwMAAAAC/tenor.gif
    • Damage Dealing Build.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Inferno/Lightning Staff (infused/shock enchant), and Rage of the Ursauk jewelry (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused/flame/weapon damage enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Boundless Storm, Mages' Wrath, Lightning Flood, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build), and Power Overload.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Crushing Shock/Storm Pulsar, Streak, Flame/Shock Reach, Unstable Wall of Fire/Storms, Twilight Tormentor (Twilight Matriarch for solo roleplay variant of build) and Fiery/Thunderous Rage.
    Electric-Heal
    https://media.giphy.com/media/5ibGIHneWS6ek/giphy.gif
    • My Healer Build.
    • Gear: 5 Spell Power Cure (All apparel light and Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchants), Maelstrom's Perfected Lightning Staff (Charged/shock enchant), and Infallible Aether jewelry (arcane with spell damage enchant)/restoration staff (Powered with absorb magicka enchant). 1 Mora's Whispers.
    • Ability-Bar 1: Power Surge, Boundless Storm, Blessing of Restoration, Energy Orb, Twilight Matriarch, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Dark Deal, Overflowing Altar, Elemental Drain, Blockade of Storms, Twilight Matriarch, and Aggressive Horn.
    Electric-Ward
    https://media.giphy.com/media/Wa0TGmtDvwW3e/giphy.gif
    • My Meme Tank Build that uses high resistance and variety of wards.
    • Gear: 5 Brands of Imperium (All body pieces except Head and Shoulders, with Divine trait, and with Prismatic Defense Enchants), full Mother Ciannait's (1 light and 1 medium. Divines and Max Mag Enchant), and Combat Physician jewelry (bloodthirsty with Prismatic Recovery Enchants), CP restoration staff (Infused with hardening enchant), and CP ice staff (Infused with crusher enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Critical Surge, Bound Aegis, Deep Thoughts, Boundless Storm, Healing Ward, and Replenishing Barrier.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Silver Leash (Elemental Drain if healer isn't running it), Bound Aegis, Frost Clench, Blockade of Frost, Empowered Ward, and Temporal Guard.
    Electric-Vamp
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ukDQiYZzRAxMZKcK86/giphy.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact for regular and NoCP build/Oblivion's Foe for dot build (medium chest and body pieces light. All Impenetrable. Max Mag Enchants). Gaze of Sithis and 1 light Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton (light shoulders, and impenetrable with Max Mag Enchants). Knight Slayer/Pariah jewelry/Plaguebreak for dot build (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant)/lightning staff (infused with oblivion enchant for regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build. Sharpened for dot build)/restoration staff (infused with oblivion enchant regular and noCP build/absorb magicka enchant and Sharpened for dot build).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Structured Entropy, Boundless Storm, Soul Splitting Trap, Radiating Regeneration, Healing Ward, and Life Giver.
    • Ability-Bar 2: Drain Vigor (Elemental Susceptibility), Race Against Time, Rune Cage, Radiant Magelight, Empowered Ward, and Shatter Soul.
    Dawnfang
    https://media.tenor.com/ogWfvDdsqBIAAAAd/anime-black-clover.gif
    • My casual one bar heavy attack Templar build that only utilizes Aedric Spear abilities.
    • Gear: 5 Infallible Aether (Head or Shoulder and body pieces except Chest. All body pieces Divines with Max Mag Enchants), 1 Slimecraw Guise for max spell critical (Divines, light, Max Mag Enchant), Lightning Staff of the Sergeant (Infused/shock enchant), and Sergeant's Mail jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1: Puncturing Sweep, Aurora Javelin, Toppling Charge, Blazing Spear, Radiant Ward, and Crescent Sweep.
    Duskfang
    https://media.tenor.com/Jo8aG_ouy_oAAAAd/ac-odyssey.gif
    • Tanky stage 4 vampire utility focused PvP healer that can take down very inexperienced players but is primarily focused on working alongside others in an organized group, PUGs, or zergs.
    • Gear: 5 Torug's Pact (Heavy Chest with light Head, Waist, Hands, and Feet. All body pieces Impenetrable. Health enchant on head and everything else Magicka Enchants), 1 Medium Mighty Chudan/Pirate Skeleton Shoulder (Impenetrable, Max Health Enchant), Knight Slayer Restoration Staff (Infused/Decrease Health enchant/Stealth-Draining Poison IX), and Knight Slayer jewelry (One Ring and one Neck. Both bloodthirsty with spell damage enchant). 1 Oakensoul Ring (bloodthirsty with Spell Damage Enchant).
    • Ability-Bar 1:Radiant Oppression, Race Against Time, Aurora Javelin, Breath of Life, Resolving Vigor, and Life Giver (Shatter Soul).
    PvE Starter Gear
    https://media.giphy.com/media/6CovzgyTig7M4/giphy.gif
    • Gear: 5 Law of Julianos (heavy chest, gloves/belt light, and the rest can be light or 1 medium piece if you're not wearing medium anywhere else on your body. All in training if grinding for XP or divines), Armor of the Seducer or Magnus' Gift head, shoulder, and staves (light with 1 medium piece if you are not already wearing 1 medium Julianos piece. All in training or divines. The staves should be training or infused), and 3 purple Willpower Jewelry with Arcane trait (can be bought from trading guilds for relatively cheap.
    • Check tamrieltradecentre.com for the best deals if you're not using a price checking addon).
    Race
    https://media.giphy.com/media/sdEkeWpiaGz0A/giphy.gif
    • High elf, since you will not have issues with sustain, but other mag based races are also fine so this is more of a personal choice.
    Mundus Stones
    https://media.giphy.com/media/cT3wMhLGQWdKU/giphy.gif
    • PvP: The Lover for penetration when playing a sorc or temp.
    • PvE Healing/Damage: The Thief for decent crit rate.
    • PvE Tanking: The Lady to get close to resistance cap.
    Current Champion Points
    https://media.giphy.com/media/l4FGDAx6u3hthMhgI/giphy.gif
    • DPS Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Exploiter, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Thaumaturge, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Healer Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Hope Infusion, Weapon's Expert, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • Tanky Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Ironclad, Enduring Resolve, Reinforced, Duelist's Rebuff, Bastion, Ward Master, Rejuvenation, Fortified.
    • PvP Sorc: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, Occult Overload, Arcane Supremacy, Bastion, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvE Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Fighting Finesse, Master-at-Arms, Weapons Expert, Biting Aura, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    • PvP Temp: Shadowstrike/ Master Gatherer, Meticulous Disassembly/Plentiful Harvest, Steed's Blessing, Sustaining Shadows, Enlivening Overflow, Weapon's Expert, From the Brink, Arcane Supremacy, Celerity, Rejuvenation, Fortified, Boundless Vitality.
    Favorite Foods and Potions
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoTggaYFNd1FdAI/giphy.gif
    • Parse Food for PvE:(DPS) Ghastly Eye Bowl (increases Max Magicka by 4592 and Magicka Recovery by 459 for 2 hours).
    • Gold/Purple Food for Sorc PvP and Meme Tanking:(PvP) Clockwork Citrus Filet (increases Max Health by 3326, Health Recovery by 406 [useful if stage 1 vampire], Max Magicka by 3080, and Magicka Recovery by 338 for 2 hours). Witchmother's Potent Brew (Increase Max Magicka by 2856, Max Health by 3094, and Magicka Recovery by 315 for 2 hours.
    • Trash Potions when feeling cheap: Regular CP150 Essence of Magicka pots that I obtain frequently from playing the game or Crown Tri-Restoration Potion obtained from dailies.
    • Crafted Potions: Essence of Spell Critical (Bugloss, Lady's Smock, and Water Hyacinth). Without magelight this is my primary means of obtaining Major Prophecy on my Sorc, which increases my Spell Critical Rating. This also heals and restores magicka. Essence of Immovability (Columbine, Corn Flower, and Wormwood). I use this in PvP, since this gives me stealth detection, knockback immunity, and restores magicka (better to use it when competent allies are nearby, since it might reveal that you are surrounded by multiple players in stealth and you will not have an emergency pot available after use). Essence of Invisibility with only 2 ingredients (Blue Entoloma, Namira's Rot, Nirnroot, or Spider Egg). I use this in PvE content that requires stealth and if I need more speed I'll use Rapid Maneuver before using the potion. Essence of Invisibility with 3 ingredients (Blessed Thistle, Blue Entoloma, and Namira's Rot). Very useful in PvP alongside the vampire Dark Stalker passive, since you'll be invisible, ignore movement speed penalty while in Crouch, and you'll have a 30% movement speed boost from Major Expedition (I always have this slotted when riding from point A to B in PvP land, since gankers are always lurking). My templar will mostly use Essence of Health (Tri-Stat Potion) Ingredients: (Mountain Flower, Columbine, and Bugloss).
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artim_X wrote: »

I've noticed that this ulti can even be out-healed by a nightblade using multiple heals. I'll say that so far the fact that so much damage can be out-healed even by classes that are supposed to be squishy is really frustrating. I find myself biding my time a lot, holding on to the ultimate and waiting for the right time to use it, only to miss my window because I got outnumbered suddenly or I just lost the fight because the opponent used their ultimate. It's rewarding when it works but it requires so much set up because it's not as forgiving as other ultimates are. Hmmm. 🤔
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that is why i prefer bursty ultimates like meteor

if you use shooting star instead of ice comet you even get ultimate back per enemy hit, so even if you didnt kill anything you would be able to use it again more quickly

i think soul assault would work if you tried to target weaker or low hp players, though you cant spam it like a jesus beam
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use it on a magblade with Deadly and War Maiden. Its okay. Not the melt you would expect from its tooltip. Prefer incap
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it melts. No ultimate in game other than barrage can shut down a single enemy like this does. You might not kill him, but if you're like me, spamming a cast time burst ability like dark flare, hitting a target for 6-8k crits. My soul hits for 6-8k per tick, so it's about the same as 7 free dark flares that cant be dodged. Every second...it's oppressive and can still be combined with a burst.

Cast dark flare, light attack, javelin, soul assault, all damage hits within 1 second, then a second later while ur still breaking free you catch another tic of soul assault....then another if you don't block after you get up, there's nothing like soul assault maxed on a glass build right now, barrage deals much more damage but I'd reckon this is still ultimately better
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Artim_X wrote: »

I've noticed that this ulti can even be out-healed by a nightblade using multiple heals. I'll say that so far the fact that so much damage can be out-healed even by classes that are supposed to be squishy is really frustrating. I find myself biding my time a lot, holding on to the ultimate and waiting for the right time to use it, only to miss my window because I got outnumbered suddenly or I just lost the fight because the opponent used their ultimate. It's rewarding when it works but it requires so much set up because it's not as forgiving as other ultimates are. Hmmm. 🤔

NB has a lot of healing ever since U35 buffed refreshing path and offering (and vigor as well), NB hasn't been a squishy class since then, despite what NB mains will tell you.
    I do agree with you that soul assault isn't bursty enough as an ultimate ability unless it's completely built into, but then you lose out on other aspects of the build.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its great if you want to zerg people down…
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »
    I put together a really janky theorycraft for it a while ago (when cro's DoT passive was +15%), getting the max tooltip of the no-explosion morph to over 150k, it was completely unrealistic to expect to reliably get it to that level in actual game play, but it was very fun to see the tooltip value nonetheless. Btw the max bow ultimate tooltip on that same build was over 200k + the DoT, with a more realistic tooltip of well over 100k + the DoT.

If you're going to try it, maybe try it on a magcro, or try a bowcro if you want stamina version with the same playstyle.
    FB - mag - (flame staff): Ele sus + Crushing shock/force pulse + blast bones + degen (sorcery/brutality buff) + RaT + the explosion morph of soul assault.
    FB - stam - (bow): Poison injection (execute DoT) + magnum shot (the stun/knockback morph) + blast bones + degen (sorcery/brutality buff) + RaT + Toxic barrage (bow ult).
    BB - (choice of defensive weapon): stam scythe + vigor + armor buff + resistant flesh + spirit guardian + (choice of defensive ultimate).

Sets would likely be something similar to deadly front bar, rallying/mara's/wretched back bar, monster set of choice (maybe balorghs) + mythic + 1 pc trainee.

Especially with Mara's balm cooldown doubling from 15s to 30s next patch, there's less frequent mara's proc to instantly cleanse those DoTs/breach off, giving a decent window to get that pressure going and land a soul assault finisher timed with blast bones.

Of course the bow ultimate tooltip hits 30% harder as we all know which class uses it the most