The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I cannot explain this excessive streak of bad luck that I have since three days

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
In the last three days I have played maybe 10 matches per day and won maybe only two of them. Before that I was on rank 60 something. It is extremely weird. I buy a card. The better one just appears below it. Or I buy a contract and woosh below is a black sacrament. This streak of bad luck is really excessive and weird and I cannot explain it. I dropped from rank 60 something to probably the bottom of the list with just 200 points in just three days. It's like somebody pressed a button that gives me bad luck.

I really cannot understand how some other player can gather 2700 points and maintain them...
Edited by AnduinTryggva on April 26, 2023 4:19PM
  • kyatos_binarini
    kyatos_binarini
    ✭✭✭
    my rule №1 - don't buy/replace cards just to look what will appear below if you won't have at least 6 gold in a pocket after that or any ability to destroy possible better card (druid patron, barterer etc).
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already do this. Still the tavern luck of my opponents is surprisingly high since three days while mine is extremely bad.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed. I had a bad streak that went on for so long that it partially contributed to me quitting the game. It was a real shame because I LOVED playing ToT and while I'd never be able to compete on the leaderboards, I was at least not so awful that I couldn't make it to Rubedite rank fairly quickly.

But then I hit a streak like yours where a card good for the opponent would pop every single time they needed it and I got screwed over time and time again, trying every method to try and counteract even the bad luck, and it just got ridiculous. There was at least two weeks straight where I literally could not get a Pelin Armory card to save my life, but you better believe it would immediately pop for my opponent every single time - once, it even popped back-to-back and the opponent bought it back-to-back in one hand.

Between that, the random disconnects that were costing me points and giving me deserter penalties, and some joker in Unranked Casual who decided not only humiliating me on the table was fun but that they should start messaging me during the match to rub it in... yeah, done with ToT. I follow the board here still because I loved playing and want to see if maybe anything will be improved to make me try playing again.

I do not understand why there is a "bad luck butt monkey" role, but it's there. You can only say it's "bad RNG" for so long before it's ridiculous.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit that the luck is so unfairly distributed that I sometimes silently wonder if some very competitive-minded player had found a way to manipulate the tavern. I tell myself then that surely cannot be the case. But this thought sometimes keeps popping up.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    my rule №1 - don't buy/replace cards just to look what will appear below if you won't have at least 6 gold in a pocket after that or any ability to destroy possible better card (druid patron, barterer etc).

This is also a strategy I was employing at the time. It did not stop the suffering.

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a mix of luck and skill. Everyone will have good and bad luck streaks, that's pretty natural to RNG. But the highest skilled players can overcome bad luck through better moves and strategy and fewer mistakes, resulting in more consistent winning.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 26, 2023 8:21PM
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a statistics and I lose about 80-90% of all matches since this week while it was much more balanced throughout the months before. What has changed this week that my statistics turned so unfavorably to me?

I notice that now I really have much more bad tavern luch and I tend to get not the cards that I want while my opponent gets them.

What was changed that I have to observe this strange and change in fortune?
  • Rouz
    Rouz
    ✭✭✭
    tavern luck

Welcome to ToT. That basically decides the game at higher levels. Where everyone understands cards and decks. ToT isn't a game to be taken seriously or looked at something that takes "skill". There are ways to "come back" from bad luck. But doing that requires certain cards. Which also take luck to actually pull. If those cards don't drop, I.E tavern luck, you're *** out of luck.

If you're looking for something that heavily rewards strategy and skill, there are definitely better card games out there that you should go for.