Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

heavy attack on the bow

Artem_gig
Artem_gig
✭✭
the fact is that when archery, namely with a heavy attack, the bow will introduce itself similarly to the staff, and I understand that it was necessary, but still, as for me, it would be cool to add to the game settings a parameter responsible for the shooting mode (automatic shot with a fully charged attack / holding the arrow with a fully charged attack). So that players would have the opportunity to choose for themselves how a heavy attack will behave when shooting, and if they want to change it back.
Edited by Artem_gig on May 3, 2023 2:47AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bow heavy attack used to hold until you released it, giving it a feel somewhat analogous to shooting a bow in real life. I was sad when ZoS changed that to the way it works now.

I understood the desire for standardization ... but I was still sad.
  • Artem_gig
    Artem_gig
    ✭✭
    Bow heavy attack used to hold until you released it, giving it a feel somewhat analogous to shooting a bow in real life. I was sad when ZoS changed that to the way it works now.

I understood the desire for standardization ... but I was still sad.

That's why I want zos to add a parameter responsible for the archery mode, so that the players themselves can choose how it is more convenient for them.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason the bow HA was changed to auto release was to help players precisely time HAs. With the old method, it was not possible to know the precise moment when a HA was fully charged. If you released a millisecond too early, it was not fully charged. If you held too long, you were losing dps. For better or for worse, the current bow releases its HA at the precise moment it is fully charged.

Not arguing for or against, simply providing the historical perspective because my archers remember the change and the reasoning ZoS used to explain why. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Artem_gig
    Artem_gig
    ✭✭
    The reason the bow HA was changed to auto release was to help players precisely time HAs. With the old method, it was not possible to know the precise moment when a HA was fully charged. If you released a millisecond too early, it was not fully charged. If you held too long, you were losing dps. For better or for worse, the current bow releases its HA at the precise moment it is fully charged.

Not arguing for or against, simply providing the historical perspective because my archers remember the change and the reasoning ZoS used to explain why. :)

I'm aware of that. that's why I propose an idea with the ability to switch archery modes, so that in case of something to return to DPS or comfort. I do not propose to return everything as it was, because I understand that in this case it would lead to a drop in DPS. I propose to let the players choose for themselves what they prefer in one case or another.