The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why can't we skip "knock enemy agent" mechanic?

kyatos_binarini
kyatos_binarini
✭✭✭
Just played the game and the situation was:
- 3 patrons of 4 in favor of me
- 4th - Celarus is neutral
- enemy has 1 agent
- my turn
the victory was in my pocket and guess what? when I played "Grand Larceny", I was forced to knock out the only agent my opponent had. any attempt to skip it resulted in an error "not enough targets selected". is it really intended so? we can skip "replace cards from tavern", so why can't we do the same with knocking agents?

PS: after 3 rounds I still won with 4 patrons favor :p
Edited by kyatos_binarini on April 26, 2023 4:14PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not sure why you cant skip that lol

though i would think you could have held off playing that card unless you needed the gold to activate the patron if you run into the situation again
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have asked this exact same question before and I believe it to be an oversight, as all other,.similar actions in the game are optional. It would be nice if it could be addressed as,.once you notice it, this situation seems to crop up more and more frequently.
    Edited by rbfrgsp on April 26, 2023 10:20PM
  • NoSoup
    NoSoup
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you play on PC or Console? On PC you can right click to cancel the selection.
    Formally SirDopey, lost forum account during the great reset.....