Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is maintenance always during the day?

Ramzdonb16_ESO
Ramzdonb16_ESO
✭✭✭
For what reason does maintenance always happen during the day? Why isn’t maintenance performed during unsociable hours. For example between 1am and 9am.

This would make far more sense. I’ve complained about this before.

Furthermore why has PlayStations finished and Xbox still continues?

• Hyperdeathstalker
    Hyperdeathstalker
    ✭✭✭
    Im with you on this Xbox EU should have maintenance overnight and US server should mirror when its overnight for them.

They shouldnt do them as one but my guess they can seperate them ? Who knows , if thats the case swap it up so its fair
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im with you on this Xbox EU should have maintenance overnight and US server should mirror when its overnight for them.

They shouldnt do them as one but my guess they can seperate them ? Who knows , if thats the case swap it up so its fair

They used to do them separately, by geography, but ran into troubles. I surmise that the platform servers are not entirely independent across geographies. This is likely why there needs to be a 3 minute cooldown when jumping across geographies, too.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ramzdonb16_ESO
    Ramzdonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like it is a pretty weak excuse, with 22 million players, 200 thousand+ daily players.

Many of which are paying for ESO+ seeing as the game is inventory manager simulator 2003 without it.

They can afford to fix these complications and not interrupt our gaming time.

I know I may sound like an addict but I have not got much time today to play and would like to get an hour in before my evening of real life.

Thank you for the responses it helps to know my pains are shared!

Elsonso wrote: »

They used to do them separately, by geography, but ran into troubles. I surmise that the platform servers are not entirely independent across geographies. This is likely why there needs to be a 3 minute cooldown when jumping across geographies, too.

• LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    because that's when zos works??
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

You are demanding that employees of a company work unreasonable hours to provide maintenance updates to a game just so you aren't inconvenienced a few times a month.

It's a video game, and these guys are employees who should expect to work reasonable hours to provide you entertainment. Not be forced to do unnecessary overnight shifts out of pure entitlement. This isn't a necessary service. They aren't providing electricity or water or heat. It's a video game.

We are lucky enough they start maintenance as early as 4am and not just dead center mid day. They already come in early to get this started before most people in their time zone are even awake.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Kraken on April 26, 2023 7:21PM
  • Shepoffire
    Shepoffire
    ✭✭✭
    [snip]. You'll be ok not play ESO for a while

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Kraken on April 26, 2023 7:21PM
  • Hyperdeathstalker
    Hyperdeathstalker
    ✭✭✭
    [snip] , damn is it entitlement to adjust maintenence now and then as a suggestion...

Anyway i pay for eso plus where is my private server with free crown crates daily ? : p

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Kraken on April 26, 2023 7:22PM
  • Ramzdonb16_ESO
    Ramzdonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    How is it entitlement and forcing workers to work unsociable hours?

People have jobs all over the world that work through the night.

Don’t be such radical leftists and get what you pay for.

It’s a game, what other game do you know that has constant maintenance updates?

Also it is a paid for service. How often is your streaming service down? Phone service? Internet? Practically never

• auz
    auz
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should try it from east coast Oz. Maintenance during prime time evenings every 2nd week.
  • Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    This used to really annoy me too, but I play other games instead on maintenance days. I never thought I would be so relaxed about it, but I know where you are coming from and totally agree.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our FAQ linked below goes over why certain times are picked for ESO server maintenance.

Server Maintenance Information - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post