Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can a Lancer be repaired?

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
I FINALLY got a shock lancer. Never had one before.
It is good for 200K. Can they be repaired or do I have to find another lead to get another one?

Thanks,

Z
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can be repaired and I strongly recommend you do. In heavy defenses I often have kind strangers repair mine while I use it. Divines smile on those who repair others Lancers and Coldfire
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget do dig up your lancer when you picked up a lead from a Gladiator's Rucksack. (Or don't loot the lead from the Gladiator's Rucksack until you have time to dig it up.) Because once you picked up a lead, you will not get another one for the same kind of lancer until you have dug up your lancer.

Sorry this might sound a bit confusing, english is not my first language. Just don't open all your Gladiator's Rucksacks before checking if you have active leads for lancers.
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will always repair lancers I see! Gotta keep 'em in play as long as possible!
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    BenTSG wrote: »

How do you repair them? I only see repairs for bridges, walls, doors etc ..buildings

Tanks!

Z
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    BenTSG wrote: »

How do you repair them? I only see repairs for bridges, walls, doors etc ..buildings

Tanks!

Z

As Lebkuchen has shown, you need to buy a Siege Repair Kit. It works the same way as a keep wall repair, just slot it on the Quickwheel, run up and look at any siege item and press Q!
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can never aim the damn things properly. The camera sucks.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also a fun fact: "healing done" bonuses affect how much repair kits repair

ive seen people use a wall or door repair kit to heal upwards of 6500 on the wall/door
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Necrotech_Master What?? Really????
    you mean if I cast a heal, it repairs the wall if someone is repairing it at the same time???
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you mean if I cast a heal, it repairs the wall if someone is repairing it at the same time???

No, it's not related to using healing skills. If you have gear that boosts your healing done, such as the Troll King one-piece set bonus, your repair kits will do more "healing" on the wall or door.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    I can never aim the damn things properly. The camera sucks.

the "constrained" siege camera works better for stuff like catapults (meatbags, scattershot, etc), and lancers in most cases
    the "free" camera works find with trebs and ballista

if your on PC you can use an addon to set a keybind to toggle between the 2 camera modes instead of going into the game settings to change it (i think its called siege camera toggle)
    Ilsabet wrote: »

No, it's not related to using healing skills. If you have gear that boosts your healing done, such as the Troll King one-piece set bonus, your repair kits will do more "healing" on the wall or door.

this is correct, anything that boosts "healing done" will improve them, i think there is a mundus stone for that too
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014