The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to use Agents

SLEDGEHAMMER_X
After about 20+ games played, i stumbled on the fact that during play the agents will light up and you can click on them for added benefits. Is there a way to predict when Agents will "become active" in such a way so i can stack my draw pile accordingly?
Xbox NASLEDGEHAMMER X
  • SLEDGEHAMMER_X
    As a side note: does anyone else have this problem: I have all the Ansei frags collected but no deck, and conversely i have al the druid king cards NOT collected but the deck is UNLOCKED. I have a separate discussion in the Help topic.
    Xbox NASLEDGEHAMMER X
  • kyatos_binarini
    kyatos_binarini
    ✭✭✭
    After about 20+ games played, i stumbled on the fact that during play the agents will light up and you can click on them for added benefits. Is there a way to predict when Agents will "become active" in such a way so i can stack my draw pile accordingly?

after activating an agent it can be played every turn (until knocked back). some agents require more than 1 card for active effect: for example "Stubborn Shadow" from Rajhin deck doesn't have active effect from 1 card, but if you play another card from Rajhin deck with this agent you will be able to activate bonus from 2 cards: "Opponent loses 2 Prestige".
    h4niq6z28iwv.png

As a side note: does anyone else have this problem: I have all the Ansei frags collected but no deck, and conversely i have al the druid king cards NOT collected but the deck is UNLOCKED. I have a separate discussion in the Help topic.

after collecting all pieces you have to "activate" them in Collectibles menu
    Edited by kyatos_binarini on April 27, 2023 6:47AM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelin can only activated if you have an agent in your discard pile and 2 power to spend on moving that agent to your draw pile. You can keep using the patron in future turns as long as those two conditions are met.

Hlaalu can be activated if you have an active agent or any card in your played pile that has a cist of 2 or more. You can keep using the oatron in future turns as long as that condition is met.

Crow can be activated if you have at least 1 gold to spend, but once you use it you can't use it again unless your opponent uses it and it no longer favors you.

Psijic can be activated if your opponent has an active agent and you have 4 gold to spend. You can use it again in future turns as long as those conditions are met.

Red Eagle can be activated if you have at least 2 power. You can use it again later.

Hunding can be activated if you have at least 2 power. Once it favors you, you'll get 1 gold free in that turn and at the start of your next turn unless your opponent activates it before then. You can't activate it again as long as it already favors you.

Orgnum can be activated as long as you have 3 gold to spend, or 2 gold if it currently favors your opponent. You can activate it again in future turns.

Rajhin can be activated as long as you have 3 gold to spend. It can be activated again later.

Druid can be activated as long as you have 2 power to spend. It can be activated again later.

If you buy a contract card that lets you call on an extra agent, you can call on the same agent again in the same turn except for Crow and Hunding once they favor you. There's also a Hlaalu card that lets you call on an extra patron if it combos with another Hlaalu card.

Sometimes you can win the match by calling on multiple patrons in your turn so all 4 favor you.

If one of the patrons you need to turn is Crow, make sure you don't spend all of your gold before calling on it, and don't call on it before calling on patrons that require gold (Psijic, Orgnum, and Rajhin).

Same with power; if you want to call on multiple patrons that require power, plan accordingly.

Sometimes you can call Crow to get more power, then use that to call on other patrons.

So careful planning as far as the order you call on the patrons can be critical.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clarification about Crow-- if it currently favors your opponent, you can call on it twice in one turn if you have ability to call on an extra agent, so sometimes you can hold back on playing all of your gold cards, activate Crow once (which converts your gold to power), play another gold card, then activate it again.

Or if you're able to call on 3 patrons in your turn, you could activate Crow, activate Hunding to get 1 gold, then Crow again (if it was favoring your opponent initially).
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, if you say you don't have any Druid King fragments collected, but the deck is "unlocked", I'm guessing what happened is your opponent chose it as one of their patron decks. Because even if you yourself do not have one of the extra decks unlocked to select for yourself (Hunding, Red Eagle, Orgnum, and Druid King are the unlockable extra sets), you can still play with the deck if your opponent pulls it into the game as one of their 2 chosen decks/patrons. Only for that game, though, until you have collected the full deck for yourself.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13