The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Magplar pve build

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm looking to put my templar back into pve gear, advice would be appreciated. So I'm thinking deadly on front with daggers and jewls, pillar of nern on back with greatsword and 3 body, Kilt, zanns and another light piece maybe trainee to bump hp. So would be 4m 3l. Il likely look to swap to the new mythic amulet in U38. I mainly do solo/4 man dungeons. I do have bahsies, sioria, sul xan and malstrom weapons also..although not sure how well they would work it that situation
Edited by Syiccal on April 25, 2023 1:05PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my stamplar right now uses pillar, whorl of the depths, and stormfist with a maelstrom bow back bar

realistically could do something similar, you could change the maelstrom bow to the maelstrom staff, or whatever would work best for you, and you could change the monster set, or split it to use a mythic also to work with the way you want to play

the reason i use whorl is for the minor slayer, as i found the dmg from the set + minor slayer was a bit better than just the 15% dmg buff from deadly (even though literally all of the skills im using would be getting buffed by deadly, due to the nerf of most dots and jabs)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gone with pillar on front, bahsies body, malstrom 2h back and zaan, its 5L 2M.
    See how that plays out.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    I've gone with pillar on front, bahsies body, malstrom 2h back and zaan, its 5L 2M.
    See how that plays out.

So, Trials as well? Because that setup is depending on a Tank for controlling the Bosses.
    And I dont think that proc sets with small diameter AoEs are a good choice for Solo PvE. Neither are complex Kiss/Curse sets like Bahsei's.
    They work fantastic in Trials and with competent Tanks in Dungeons. No question.
    I would carefully monitor the impact of both Pillar and especially Bahsei's, if I were you.

Magplar has lost healing with the lower damage of sweeps. I found that for World Events and DLC World Bosses I would need Ritual and Rune to compensate for that loss in healing. And neither Whorl, Pillar, nor Bahsei's give me better healing. Only damage.
    But that's just me. I like having full health. 😉
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on April 26, 2023 8:27AM
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing is more than covered via rune, ritual, sweeps, purifying light, and radiant glory (if used over RD).
    I may yet swap out pillar for deadly if it doesn't work great in dungeons, however I'm not really building to wipe through trash packs as that's easy no matter what it's bosses that need to be taken down quickyl
    Edited by Syiccal on April 26, 2023 8:58AM
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing is more than covered via rune, ritual, sweeps, purifying light, and radiant glory (if used over RD)...

Deadly is only considered weaker, because it doesn't buff the new spammable after U35 (Blazing Spear) as it did Sweeps before.
    It's still good on a Sweeps centered build. You can even start beam spam earlier, if you like.

In your experience, do you need Purifying Light? Because Power of the Light seems better for Arenas and World Bosses, because of the minor breach and the stamina cost? Or am I wrong?
    Edited by Zodiarkslayer on April 26, 2023 4:16PM
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing is more than covered via rune, ritual, sweeps, purifying light, and radiant glory (if used over RD)...

Deadly is only considered weaker, because it doesn't buff the new spammable after U35 (Blazing Spear) as it did Sweeps before.
    It's still good on a Sweeps centered build. You can even start beam spam earlier, if you like.

In your experience, do you need Purifying Light? Because Power of the Light seems better for Arenas and World Bosses, because of the minor breach and the stamina cost? Or am I wrong?

Yea thats good shout to be fair, I only considered it because with a proper tank and in light armour I'd be over pen cap, however when I solo it's better probably