The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Solar Barrage and Vampires Bane in Pvp - Use

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
How do people use :

Vampire Bane
Blast an enemy with a charge of radiant heat, dealing 1161 Flame Damage, and an additional 5370 Flame Damage over 30 seconds. Upon activation you gain Major Savagery and Major Prophecy for 30 seconds, increasing your Weapon and Spell Critical rating by 2629.

&
Solar Barrage
Conjure solar energy to blast enemies around you, dealing 435 Magic Damage every 2 seconds and increasing your damage done with class abilities by 5% for 20 seconds. While this ability is active you gain Empower, increasing the damage of your Heavy Attacks against monsters by 70%.

In PvP.

Seems like the damage is very low and the Crit & Cl Ability is really low.

Suggestions on tactics?

Tanks,

Z
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've mained templar since I started in 2017, and currently I would not slot either of those in melee dot pressure set up I usually play.
    If you play a ranged magplar, reflective light is decent (not vampire bane).
    If you play an aoe melee build with deadly strikes set and dw deadly cloak, solar barrage is ok.
    For my playstyle they just don't provide enough to warrant using it. I would prefer to use camo hunter over reflective light, and rending slashes with master for supplemental damage over solar barrage.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    @gariondavey Why with Deadly Strikes? Solar Barrage is channeled?

Tankz!

Z
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »

Tankz!

Z

? Deadly strikes is a set that increases damage over time spells such as solar barrage. It also buffs jab damage.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • OnGodiDoDis
    OnGodiDoDis
    ✭✭✭
    How do people use :

Vampire Bane
    Blast an enemy with a charge of radiant heat, dealing 1161 Flame Damage, and an additional 5370 Flame Damage over 30 seconds. Upon activation you gain Major Savagery and Major Prophecy for 30 seconds, increasing your Weapon and Spell Critical rating by 2629.

&
    Solar Barrage
    Conjure solar energy to blast enemies around you, dealing 435 Magic Damage every 2 seconds and increasing your damage done with class abilities by 5% for 20 seconds. While this ability is active you gain Empower, increasing the damage of your Heavy Attacks against monsters by 70%.

In PvP.

Seems like the damage is very low and the Crit & Cl Ability is really low.

Suggestions on tactics?

Tanks,

Z

Those skills are usually meant to proc your sets and buffs. I use vamp bane to proc Burning spell weave and (now) barrage for the damage buff. Used to use barrage for empower when it did damage to players. You won't be killing anyone with those skills.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭

Tankz!

Z

? Deadly strikes is a set that increases damage over time spells such as solar barrage. It also buffs jab damage.

Channeled is anything with a cast time? Is that correct?

Tankz,

Z
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭

2 items: Adds 3-129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    3 items: Adds 15-657 Critical Chance
    4 items: Adds 3-129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    5 items: Increase the damage your damage over time and channeled abilities do by 15%.

DoT and Channeled abilities.
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, channel and cast time are different. Look at Jabs vs Dark Flare as an example
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    so looking at it:

Conjure solar energy to blast enemies around you, dealing 435 Magic Damage every 2 seconds
    (is this flat damage, or does it scale with anything) I
    I it will go off 10x which is 4350 x 1.15=5002 damage. (deadly)

Not sure if that is worth it. It is to everyone near by, but not enough to slow down a ball group.
    the 5% from class abilities...guess you could go on a wild jab spree before death.

Sadly the empower buff only works again monsters, not players.

Or does any1 else see a better way to use it?

• Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Flares damage has been reduced a lot over the years but the defile can be helpful in PvP and its damage can be decent against squishies. Reflective Light is decent as an AoE snare DoT and can help you keep track of NBs and ballgroups to help you keep an eye on where they are if you lose sight of them.
    Edited by Vetixio on April 24, 2023 3:32PM
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.