The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Tanks, why?

arch1t3ct
arch1t3ct
✭✭✭
if you are a tank and playing PVP, please tell me why are you doing this? I genuinely do not understand what's the point of entering PVP and avoiding PVP? Is it really that entertaining to just stand on a capture point hold a block and not be able to kill anyone?
  • Digibrax
    Digibrax
    ✭✭✭
    arch1t3ct wrote: »
    if you are a tank and playing PVP, please tell me why are you doing this? I genuinely do not understand what's the point of entering PVP and avoiding PVP? Is it really that entertaining to just stand on a capture point hold a block and not be able to kill anyone?

Yes it is. I love it. My favorite part is standing at the spawn point at the Cyrodiil base and spamming aoe skills on two oposing fighting factions and waiting for all the kills and spoils of war as a result. I earned a lot of tel vars this way, especially at low levels.
    Best kind of pvp :)
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only time I play as a tank in PvP is when I need alliance war exp. I guess it’s fun living through a hoard of peoples attacks but I’d rather be on a dps.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    probably because there are things in cyrodiil and imperial city that don't require killing other players like the daily quests for capturing resources or nearly all daily quests in imperial city.
    if i could get the siege of cyrodiil merits and arena gladiator proofs without going to pvp zones i would but alas it ain't possible
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • sunshineflame
    sunshineflame
    ✭✭✭
    Tanking is more fun than say hiding and ganking someone. There's no actually PvP there. As a tank you can push the fight, provide cover and disrupt siege lines. In a faction stacked engagement a solid tank is one of the most important people on the field. They also provide ample opportunities for bombers.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have briefly tried it a few times over the years and it's okay. I think I have tried about every playstyle in Cyrodiil, but anyway, it's all for the player and what the player enjoys. It's not my cup of tea so I always switch back to my usual playstyle within the day.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--