The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Siege Weapons repairs

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Is the only way to repair siege weapons is if they are deployed?
Seems like the degrade faster then I can repair....
Am I doing this right?

Tankz,

Z
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If nobody uses your siege weapons, and they just stand there, they will start to break faster than you can repair. To avoid that it's enough if someone clicks on them once in a while. I don't think you even have to shoot or anything. Just click on them, aim around for a second and then you can relax and repair again.
    Options
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you exit the siege weapon view and leave it set up, it takes about 10 seconds (for most weapons) for the game to decide you've abandoned it and it starts to degrade at an accelerated rate. The game doesn't care if you're in the process of repairing it. To reset this timer all you have to do is get back on the weapon for a split second. You don't have to do anything and can immediately exit it again and resume repairing it.
    Options
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its best to shoot it and then repair, it degrades slower
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    personally i dont even bother repairing siege lol, if it runs out i just plop another one down lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • AndreNoir
    AndreNoir
    ✭✭✭
    There only a couple things that worth to be repaired:
    1. Ram if u stand under massive oil and u are not a purger or ballista shooter
    2. Lancer if you didn't get a lot of them yet
    3. Siege Camp which is expensive and extremely fragile
    The last one is the most important imo
    Edited by AndreNoir on April 24, 2023 12:23PM
    Options
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are talking about after you repair it a few times then all of a sudden it just starts to degrade faster than you can repair it you have to interact with the siege weapon(as if you were going to fire it) then exit it and start repairing again. It's some sort of bug. Happens to me all the time.
    Options
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Veinblood1965 It's not a bug! They would block everything if they did not disappear after a while. We saw how Cyrodiil would look like last year:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/620766/cyro-ravenwatch-got-a-ghost-siege-weapon-problem/p1
    Options
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the rapid deterioration of abandoned siege is fine overall. It's just confusing that repairing siege doesn't reset the abandonment timer, and that the only thing that does is getting on it to fire it. (rams and tents excluded).
    Options