The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Siege Towers and Wall scaling

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Be nice if there were new siege weapons in Cyrodiil like the siege tower and and grappling hooks.
  • Siege tower would require leads and take material to build, and they can be captured.
  • Grappling hooks would be for the individual player but can be detached from a wall by an opposing player
  • Elephants (Oliphants?) mobile and can be destroyed by damage but do damage to keeps, carries troops (ok make them Dwemer so we don't' really hurt elephants)

I have no idea it would take to do this by ZOS, but decent idea?

Tankz,

Z
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siege towers might be interesting as long as they don't allow players to set one up at a keep and completely bypass the passive defense (walls), but then I'm not sure what the point of one would be. I think grappling hooks would be a horrible idea. The potential for players sneaking into a back keep and trolling/griefing is too great. ZOS has patched out every method players have found for getting into an enemy keep without knocking down a door or wall so I really doubt they'd add one like these.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Marcus684 I think the grappling hooks could be mitigated.
    I think it should be a skill, you need to be able to climb, and that would not be fast. Guards could intercept you and you could kick one off, causing fall damage and maybe some sort of concussion for a while.

Also - each side could do it to each other. Maybe get AP for Wall Patrol?

The idea of siege towers is to bypass the all. But they would be SLOW and EXPENSIVE. It would have to take a group to use. And they can be lost, like a hammer, and recovered by the other side.

Suggestions?
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    @Marcus684 I think the grappling hooks could be mitigated.
    I think it should be a skill, you need to be able to climb, and that would not be fast. Guards could intercept you and you could kick one off, causing fall damage and maybe some sort of concussion for a while.

Also - each side could do it to each other. Maybe get AP for Wall Patrol?

The idea of siege towers is to bypass the all. But they would be SLOW and EXPENSIVE. It would have to take a group to use. And they can be lost, like a hammer, and recovered by the other side.

Suggestions?

I think that sounds cool and fair, but maybe I'm also just starved for new PVP content lol
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With all the problems ZOS has had in the past with people glitching and exploiting into keeps, as neat of an idea as siege towers are, I think in the long run they would just create more problems.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    @SaffronCitrusflower I agree. it was one of those ideal situations....
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    With all the problems ZOS has had in the past with people glitching and exploiting into keeps, as neat of an idea as siege towers are, I think in the long run they would just create more problems.

Yeah you're probably right haha

One can dream tho I guess :D
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him