The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we change the campaign names?

KiltMaster
KiltMaster
✭✭✭✭
Remember when they used to change the Cyrodiil campaign names with each new chapter release? I remember Kaalgrontiid during the Elsweyr release, then they changed them to go with Greymoore and since then ... nothing.

Seems like a very easy change to make to keep things fresh and they just .. don't do it?

Kinda shows how little they care about PVP and the PVP community IMO ...
PC/NA
GM of "Kilts for Sale"
Ebonheart Pact
He/Him
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking about that a few days ago. We’ve had these campaign names for way too long.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The current campaign names are a reminder as to the last time they changed something in Cyrodiil. These campaigns were named three years ago with the Greymoor release which was just before ZOS completely abandoned PVP under the excuse of performance work preventing any future changes. Do people still buy that line?
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep I totally agree @LonePirate
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gray Host and Blackreach still pop lock during prime time, while Ravenwatch and Icereach sit mostly empty 24/7, reminding us that their respective rulesets are a failure (sorry if you like them, but they are dead camps). Would be really cool if they trimmed down to 3 camps with one clear and balanced ruleset, not this confusing spread out mess.

Don't even care which ruleset, just pick one and balance it.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    @xylena_lazarow hmm that is an interesting point - not really what my point was regarding but makes sense. I don't think I have an opinion regarding icereach and ravenwatch - though I do know some folks who do play in those campaigns.

IDK if they're hurting anyone to have an under 50 and a no-cp, no-proc campaign, respectively.
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KiltMaster wrote: »
    IDK if they're hurting anyone to have an under 50 and a no-cp, no-proc campaign, respectively.
    I'd argue that does hurt players when they queue into dead camps then can't find any actual PvP, or have no idea what build to put together because the rulesets are all over the place. These sort of things leave a sour taste that turns potential PvPers away. The obsolete names are kinda part of the same problem, someone sees names from 3-4 years ago with dead populations across, may come to the conclusion that ZOS doesn't care about PvP, so neither should they.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gray Host and Blackreach still pop lock during prime time, while Ravenwatch and Icereach sit mostly empty 24/7, reminding us that their respective rulesets are a failure (sorry if you like them, but they are dead camps). Would be really cool if they trimmed down to 3 camps with one clear and balanced ruleset, not this confusing spread out mess.

Don't even care which ruleset, just pick one and balance it.

Icereach is useless, other than for smurfing and easy emp imo. It's much better for new players to learn in the more populated campaigns with better gear. So it would be better used in converting that into a new campaign if raising the pop cap in the others is an issue.
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's fair. I do know guilds who run in Icereach tho to teach new players to pvp. I also know they'll delete their toon when it becomes level 50 and do the same thing with a new one. I don't really have a strong opinion on this, really, the point of my post was campaign names.

PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him