The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I went to a weapon smith, and the smith repaired my armor, yet didn't repair my weapons. Do I have t

Scott86
Scott86
Do I have to use a repair kit to repair them myself on a blacksmith bench? If that works. I've a +6% XP bow that I want to repair.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 18, 2023 1:44PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapons don't need to be repaired, but they do need their enchantments refilled. You should be able to use a soul gem to recharge it.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scott86 wrote: »
    Do I have to use a repair kit to repair them myself on a blacksmith bench? If that works. I've a +6% XP bow that I want to repair.

Weapons get "recharged" not repaired.

Click on the weapon, select "charge", (this uses a soul gem).
    Edited by BlueRaven on April 17, 2023 10:45PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To clarify, right-click on the weapon on the screen showing your equipped gear and select "recharge". You don't use a weapon smith for that.
    Edited by Tandor on April 17, 2023 10:48PM
  • Scott86
    Scott86
    Tandor wrote: »
    To clarify, right-click on the weapon on the screen showing your equipped gear and select "recharge". You don't use a weapon smith for that.

I've only like four soul gems. I've enough gold. I could buy enough of them. How many should I have? My character dies easily also.
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should have a full stack (200). You'll get that eventually.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've only like four soul gems. I've enough gold. I could buy enough of them. How many should I have? My character dies easily also.

FULL soul gems. Empty ones require you use the skill line when killing something to fill the gem. Full ones are everywhere - treasure chests, backpacks, many different containerrs in the world.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can get filled ones in traders for about 30 gold each.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level World Skill Line enough to get the Passive that fills a soul gem when you kill something. Then do crafting writs and farm basic containers to get empty and filled soul gems. Also, the game offers them a login rewards.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're on PC EU, I've got over a dozen stacks of both filled soul gems and lockpicks stashed on one of my alts. You're more than welcome to a stack of each if you wish.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Scott86
    Scott86
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    If you're on PC EU, I've got over a dozen stacks of both filled soul gems and lockpicks stashed on one of my alts. You're more than welcome to a stack of each if you wish.

Thanks, yet I only play on NA server.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, I've got gobs too on PC NA. What's your in game ID? I'll ship you a bunch tomorrow morning.
    Edited by TaSheen on April 18, 2023 2:14AM

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm Elissathea on PC NA msg me Ill send you a cpl stacks.
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

do the main coldharbor quest to advance in soul magic. will take a while but once you get the passive that has a chance to auto fill a soul gem on kill you will accrue more filled gems than you know what to do with.
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do the main coldharbor quest to advance in soul magic. will take a while but once you get the passive that has a chance to auto fill a soul gem on kill you will accrue more filled gems than you know what to do with.

THIS should be emailed to every new player!
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is also a set that fills soulgems on kills (Oblivion's Edge). It drops in Vaults of Madness. Equip it and hop on the Alikir dolmen farm train. You'll have your empty ones filled in no time. Plus the XP from the dolmens and a bunch of jewelery to decon for mats on top.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tomfant wrote: »
    There is also a set that fills soulgems on kills (Oblivion's Edge). It drops in Vaults of Madness. Equip it and hop on the Alikir dolmen farm train. You'll have your empty ones filled in no time. Plus the XP from the dolmens and a bunch of jewelery to decon for mats on top.

personally would not recommend using a full set to do what you get as a full on passive from the soul magic line lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Scott86
    Scott86
    TaSheen wrote: »

Okay, I've got gobs too on PC NA. What's your in game ID? I'll ship you a bunch tomorrow morning.

My Dragon Knight's name is Scottsterr.