The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Tales of Tribute Disconnects

Rooatouille
Rooatouille
✭✭
I don't know it's just been me, but I've been disconnecting an inordinate amount of times during Tales of Tribute matches yesterday and today (three times yesterday and twice today so far). This seems ridiculous because the game will be functioning just fine, then my turn will begin, cards will be drawn, and I'll just disconnect out of nowhere. I'm used to disconnecting on occasion during Cyrodiil PvP, but Tales of Tribute seems /way/ less likely given all the factors (server, hardware, etc.). It wasn't until a couple of days ago when I started experiencing disconnects during Tales of Tribute matches.
  • Rooatouille
    Rooatouille
    ✭✭
    Furthermore, I would like to say that a "deserter" penalty is unnecessary after server disconnects (in addition to being unnecessary in general, as has been discussed elsewhere in this subforum).
  • deano469
    deano469
    ✭✭✭
    I too have been suffering server disconnects While playing ToT. Only while playing other people. Never while playing NPC's. It's very frustrating. That seems to be the only time this happens. Only very rarely ever disconnect while playing any other aspects of the game. I've had 5 disconnects in the last two days.

Anybody know what's happening?
    Edited by deano469 on August 4, 2022 8:04PM
  • Rooatouille
    Rooatouille
    ✭✭
    deano469 wrote: »
    I too have been suffering server disconnects While playing ToT. Only while playing other people. Never while playing NPC's. It's very frustrating. That seems to be the only time this happens. Only very rarely ever disconnect while playing any other aspects of the game. I've had 5 disconnects in the last two days.

Anybody know what's happening?

It doesn't seem like anybody know what has been going on, I actually haven't had any server disconnects since the day of this post, but, like you, it was only with ToT and not with any other content. /shrug?
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never had that happen. What server do you play on?
    PCNA
  • deano469
    deano469
    ✭✭✭
    PC/NA. Happened twice yesterday. Never happens when playing NPC's. Only when playing other people. Very frustrating.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the other player take a long time before ending their turn? I'm wondering if it's some kind of time-out situation.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • deano469
    deano469
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Did the other player take a long time before ending their turn? I'm wondering if it's some kind of time-out situation.

No. I haven't noticed that as a pattern to the disconnects.
  • HelenaTroyania
    I have this issue and its extremely frustrating. I went from being 13th on the leaderborad to 500 something in just one night. Of cause I would have lost some the matches, but not all of them :-( I have tried turning all add-ons off and playing inside one of the small appartments with no furniture, but im still disconnecting almost every time. I'm on PC EU, I have a good gaming PC and stable Internet connection so this should not be happening.
    Edited by HelenaTroyania on August 14, 2022 8:15AM
  • SuccessfulGeek
    SuccessfulGeek
    Soul Shriven
    Just tried my first ranked match, was doing well, and suddenly disconnected. Now it counts as a loss and i have deserter penalty, [snip]?

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 9, 2023 5:50PM
  • mbeetley_ESO
    mbeetley_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Having been affected by this, I certainly agree. However, I'm not sure how they would deal with the disconnect issue. How do they know whether somebody has just quit the game vs a server problem?

I will echo the complaints about the "Deserter" penalty though. That is just moronic now that they have started penalizing people for conceding a match, and granting a victory for somebody conceding a match with you.

I've had a terrible week system-wise. I was ONE WIN from Rubedite ranking (for the first time), but I was matched with someone just as I was about to interact with a wayshrine. Instead of either accepting the match or quick traveling, I was (1) told I couldn't quick travel when I was in a ready check, and (2) unable to accept the ready check. So what happened? I got a 100 point loss penalty for "deserting" even though I couldn't accept the match. Then after the deserter penalty expired, I tried to enter the queue again. I was apparently matched with the same player, but while it let me "accept" the match, it still showed me as locked and wouldn't let me play. So I got docked another 100 points. Of course, I might've lost both of those matches anyway, so no guarantee I would've gotten to Rubedite. But still, when I'm just trying to get to the damned achievement, it's frustrating to have the game break for me twice in a row, and to be penalized for "deserting."

Moral of the story: I get that I just have to deal with the loss penalties, and I may never get to Rubedite level because I'm just not that good. But since 'conceding' counts towards win/loss records now, the Deserter penalty is IDIOTIC. And frankly, if there's a way to remove the penalty for crashes without letting people get away with fake quitting, please make it happen.
  • smnlvr
    smnlvr
    ✭✭
    And why do I keep being told i'm a deserter and put on hold for 10 minutes? I press F, nothing happens, I start to harvest a node or something similar, and the next thing you know I'm a deserter. Fix this nonsense ESO!