The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

It's no longer DK Online it is now Desync Online

MEBengalsFan2001
MEBengalsFan2001
✭✭✭✭✭
I spent most of my time yesterday in PVP being Desync. This is the worst it has been since I've played PVP. Almost every skills now that interrupts a target automatically desync my character. More than half of the time during a fight I'm desync making this game unplayable. I can deal with lag but constantly dealing with nothing working for 3-5 seconds at a time is unacceptable.

Below are examples of skills that causes desync. DK are so strong not only because of the damage they do now but also because you spent the majority of your time not being able to do anything against them.

Game is garbage right now due to how often players are spent desync and not able to counter.

Templar Skills that desync
Toppling Charge
Javelin
Crescent Sweep

Guild Skills that desync
Dawnbreaker -
Comet -
Fire Ruin

DK skills that desync
Leap
Whip
Chain-
Talons
Petrify
Ash Cloud

NB Skills that desync
Surprise Attack
Death Stroke
Teleport Strike

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What platform?
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Javelin is really bad right now. My death recap has been nothing but Javelin spams, lol, just another broken mechanic to add to the list
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It looks like being attacked with Mist Form into Leap freezes the target's health bar at it's current (high/healthy) value, so they can no longer ascertain the true damage their character is taking thereafter. If you're loaded up with DOTs and whipped afterwards, you soon die. If you speculatively heal, even though your health looks fine, you may survive.

I'm not sure, but maybe this kind of leap, the animation of which frequently looks broken, also prevents you from being aware when you have been CCd. My characters all have Slippery CP, so I automatically break free in many cases. Otherwise this might explain why some people report they can't do anything. They could, if they broke free. Problem is, they aren't aware of that. At least that's my speculation, all based on some testing earlier today.

Leap is probably just the most egregious example of this, because it is a CC that does ultimate-level damage. There may be other combos that have the same effect. In my experience health bar desyncs have always existed, but were rare. Now it seems that attacks coming out of new Mist Form are making them happen far more regularly.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    It looks like being attacked with Mist Form into Leap freezes the target's health bar at it's current (high/healthy) value, so they can no longer ascertain the true damage their character is taking thereafter. If you're loaded up with DOTs and whipped afterwards, you soon die. If you speculatively heal, even though your health looks fine, you may survive.

I'm not sure, but maybe this kind of leap, the animation of which frequently looks broken, also prevents you from being aware when you have been CCd. My characters all have Slippery CP, so I automatically break free in many cases. Otherwise this might explain why some people report they can't do anything. They could, if they broke free. Problem is, they aren't aware of that. At least that's my speculation, all based on some testing earlier today.

Leap is probably just the most egregious example of this, because it is a CC that does ultimate-level damage. There may be other combos that have the same effect. In my experience health bar desyncs have always existed, but were rare. Now it seems that attacks coming out of new Mist Form are making them happen far more regularly.

Its not health bar I'm referring to. My character just stands there. Abilities can't be used, break out can't be used, potion can't be used, etc... this last for 3-5 seconds. Than everything works. This happens regularly after being hit by specific abilities such as those that as I listed above. It has become so bad that when I see a DK I know I'm dead 75% with a group and 100% of the time when I'm alone. Same with a NB and Templars using Javelin.

Can't tell me its my ISP I have the fastest in my area with 2GB both upload and download for speeds. I can run 4K movies on 8+ devices no problem. So definitely not my ISP. My hardware is hardwired and when I run speed test on my PC and console both read very similar values.

Devs really need to fix this to make PVP better. Having constant desync issues isn't fun. It's quite the opposite.
    What platform?

PS5 console on the NA server.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as you have PVP on easy mode with BALL GROUPS you are going to get desynced! They absolutely ruin PVP for the vast majority of players in the game. You can be pop locked on Blackreach but as soon as ball group start forning it goes south! They ruined server performace on Greyhost they start coming to Blackreach and then our performance sucks!

They do not fight other ball groups they fight people in groups of 2 or 3 or large Alliance groups that someont just happed to start that are not organized its no contest yet they farm a keep for hours killing mostly solos and small groups and they think they are actually PVPing .... PVP with no risk it *** game play!

Edited by Durham on April 10, 2023 5:11PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its not health bar I'm referring to. My character just stands there. Abilities can't be used, break out can't be used, potion can't be used, etc... this last for 3-5 seconds. Than everything works. This happens regularly after being hit by specific abilities such as those that as I listed above. It has become so bad that when I see a DK I know I'm dead 75% with a group and 100% of the time when I'm alone. Same with a NB and Templars using Javelin.

Can't tell me its my ISP I have the fastest in my area with 2GB both upload and download for speeds. I can run 4K movies on 8+ devices no problem. So definitely not my ISP. My hardware is hardwired and when I run speed test on my PC and console both read very similar values.

Devs really need to fix this to make PVP better. Having constant desync issues isn't fun. It's quite the opposite.
    What platform?

I'm starting to wonder if there are players that have figured out how to bypass global cooldown and queue up all of their skills to hit at once, a la the old "macroslice". I see this from some players repeatedly, where you're fighting them for a minute or 2, then suddenly you freeze for a couple of seconds and drop dead. The recap will show 1 or 2 skills, 1-3 light attacks, plus an ult and 1 or 2 poison/enchant effects, but no individual skill animations were played. If you're tanky enough you'd come out the other end still breathing.

[snip]
    [edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 16, 2023 4:23PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

What platform?

I'm starting to wonder if there are players that have figured out how to bypass global cooldown and queue up all of their skills to hit at once, a la the old "macroslice". I see this from some players repeatedly, where you're fighting them for a minute or 2, then suddenly you freeze for a couple of seconds and drop dead. The recap will show 1 or 2 skills, 1-3 light attacks, plus an ult and 1 or 2 poison/enchant effects, but no individual skill animations were played. If you're tanky enough you'd come out the other end still breathing.

[snip]
    I can't say how many serious bugs there are in the game. However, if your magicka and stamina goes to zero, then you just stand there with possibly high health for a few seconds and you can't do anything and then you die, you were already dead the entire time. It's a client animation failure. That is one of the possible consequences of the bug I described above. It is not the GCD being bypassed. It's a consequence of your healthbar being frozen / desynced, so you don't heal because you don't see your true health. Then the death animation is desynced. If you look at FTC combat log afterwards, you'll see the damage comes in dribs and drabs over several seconds, not all at once. If you don't believe me, grab a vamp DK friend and test via duels. It's always a little different, but it's fairly easily repeatable. If some instances of that match the visuals of how you die open world, then this is the likely culprit.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 16, 2023 4:23PM
  • xMauiWaui
    xMauiWaui
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »

[snip]

Sometime if i Break free with my Dk, my charakter still is in the "break free" Animation but im out and can use skills. I cant see like the animation of my Whips cause my char still like stucked on the "break free" animation, but the demage gous out.

If the enemie Player see the same as me on my screen, he will get hit on invisible skills and this will looks like "macroslice".

I dont know saw alot wierd things on Eso cause of the bad calculate of positioning the server do. Like flying player, teleporting player etc. all visuall effets only in my screen i think^^

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 16, 2023 4:24PM
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's one MagSorc in PVP who regularly nails me with 5 skills in the space of 2 seconds. I think he's really skilled, and has his combo/rotation timed flawlessly, and he's quick, but I still can't believe the difference between 1v1 with this guy versus virtually anyone else. The fact that he is able to dominate battlegrounds on a MagSorc, given its current state, is really impressive.

I usually do pretty well, often taking top spot on the winning team, with a strong k/d ration, but this guy is a beast. The combo usually looks like C Frag/E Fury/H Curse/C Frag/E Fury, sometimes with Ice Comet or Flame Reach thrown in (guessing he's using the Master's Inferno Staff).

I'm still not sure I understand how he consistently hits with so many skills so fast. I've played MagSorc and I'm pretty fast -- fast enough to be competitive on it. But when I face off with this guy, I hit him two or three times to his six.

He also manages to have shields up nearly all the time. No pet. Uses resto staff backbar.
  • ZDunlain
    ZDunlain
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, always I duel my friends they say to me that javelin desyncs them lol but it is my only reliable stun.

Also with petrify I got desync more than one time.
    PvP player
  • Rlacoste
    Rlacoste
    ✭✭✭
    desyncs have been around for years, NBs especially. it's why I stopped playing it. Now its NB, DK and Templars desyncing me every fight.
    Oils aren't showing animations either. Add that to a desync.
    Radiant suppression desyncs me and does 20k+ damage when I'm at full health, doesn't make sense.
    I can't heal, can't purge and i can't defend myself.
    Heavy attacks doing 40k damage they nerfed that to the ground. 45k plague infected is allowed? Come on ZoS

I see why population on Cyro on a weekend daytime doesn't fill up anymore, time for another stealth pop nerf.

A lot of cheating happening here ZoS.
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭
    This needs to be adressed. In this current state Cyrodil is unplayable. One appreciates the hard work put into the new content, but pvp is the cherry on this game's cake. Please fix the desync problems, the latest attempts did not improve the amount of desync one is forcefully faced with in pvp, with literally no way to counter it. Thank you.
  • HidesInPlainSight
    HidesInPlainSight
    ✭✭✭
    Erissime wrote: »
    This needs to be adressed. In this current state Cyrodil is unplayable. One appreciates the hard work put into the new content, but pvp is the cherry on this game's cake. Please fix the desync problems, the latest attempts did not improve the amount of desync one is forcefully faced with in pvp, with literally no way to counter it. Thank you.

The desync is horrendous, but there are also a lot of players running packet manipulation scripts in PvP.

Script usage in this is game as skyrocketed and it is just compounding the problem of the *** servers.

• Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erissime wrote: »

The desync is horrendous, but there are also a lot of players running packet manipulation scripts in PvP.

Script usage in this is game as skyrocketed and it is just compounding the problem of the *** servers.

I've noticed an uptick in the number of players that get whittled down to <1% health and suddenly stop taking damage, as in attacks that used to hit for a few hundred damage now do 0, just like that infamous sorc from the early days that used a vamp glitch to become invulnerable. I'm not one to cry constantly about cheaters like some do, but the amount of suspicious stuff I'm seeing is definitely on the rise.