The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Did they lower the population cap in Cyrodiil?

Overamera
Overamera
✭✭✭✭
After Hardware update on PC EU it seems like they lowered the cap or is it just me?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 11, 2023 3:05AM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the cap has been low for some considerable time and so was demand. Now demand has gone up and the cap is probably still the same. I have no real evidence for this. I'm just guessing based on how quiet Cyro can be, even when it's ostensibly full. My further guess is that the cap on PC NA was raised some time after they got their new servers and that's when performance over there went back to crap. Again I have no evidence. I could be wrong. I'm just guessing based on what I read about PC NA.

ZOS are IMO still caught between a rock and hard place. If they raise the cap, performance will deteriorate again. If they make more campaigns, then you don't tend to get healthy competition. When there are 3 (or more) main CP campaigns, as there are during Whitestrake's, players tend to segregate so each campaign is dominated by a different faction.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, pop caps are 80-100 players/faction now. Caps are WAY lower than originally, which was 400-500 players/faction.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is going to really suck come Mayhem season.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the same hardware refresh was done on NA it seemed to us that the pop caps were yet again reduced. So probably.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Tarys
    Tarys
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding

Somehow that decision makes no sense ... how are pvp-players able to determine if ZOS changed the cap? And i too have the feeling that at least on GH EU the cap was reduced by 1/3 or even 1/2 of pre new hardware. The map feels way emptier than before and the queue is thrice as high as before. Often resulting in one hour waiting time shortly before EU primetime.
    MMO aktiv seit Dark Age of Camelot und seitdem einige Spiele kommen und gehen sehen.

Talyn Winterstern - Nachtklinge
    Elyza Winterstern - Zauberin
    Ayana Winterstern - Drachenritterin
    Tarys Winterstern - Templer
    Anaria Winterstern - Hüterin
    und diverse andere mehr oder weniger große Chars ^^
  • doabhi
    doabhi
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_Kevin or @ZOS_BrianWheeler An actual answer would be cool for what the current population limit is per faction as it's kind of important to know this. Especially when very large guild/groups run around as one blob and scream abuse at 'zone' players for not picking up the table scraps on the map behind them. If these large multi-group blobs represent a significant percentile of the total player population, then we all sort of need to know the actual numbers so that it can be taken in to consideration for better coordination moving forward lol.
    Edited by doabhi on April 20, 2024 4:04PM
  • JustLovely
    JustLovely
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overamera wrote: »
    After Hardware update on PC EU it seems like they lowered the cap or is it just me?

They lowered the cap on PC NA to 60-80/faction in January this year. Maybe they just did the same on PC EU.

ZOS just keeps lowering the pop caps without telling us they're doing it over and over and over again.

For reference, the original pop cap was 600/faction. That's how radically ZOS has slashed the PvP community.
    Edited by JustLovely on April 20, 2024 3:36PM