Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Vampire's Bane bugged.

Zsymon
Zsymon
✭✭✭✭
If you cast Vampire's Bane at a target, it will take up to two or three seconds before the DOT kicks in and the target lights up in flames, if you attack the target before this happens, for example with Critical Charge, then the DOT won't kick in at all, and the target won't light up in flames. Sometimes it will kick in, but usually it won't.

That way Vampire's Bane will only do its direct damage, the DOT won't kick in.

This is a bit annoying as someone who likes to charge chase his sun bolt to the target. I have to wait with my charge until I see the target light up in flames, after which he is closer than 22 meters, which means I lose out on my Critical Rush morph damage bonus.

If I play with friends, and they hit the target I fired my Vampire's Bane at, then the DOT just never kicks in, causing me to lose the bulk of my magical damage.

Can anyone else confirm this problem?
Edited by Zsymon on May 2, 2014 4:21PM

Best Answer

• disexistencenub19_ESO
    I noticed this yesterday, doing the exact same thing. I would charge immediately after casting it, and the target would never ignite on fire, just the initial hit. I could also see in my combat log statistics that it was, in fact, failing to tick for any dot damage.
    Answer ✓
  • fiftypercentgrey
    fiftypercentgrey
    ✭✭✭
    I never noticed a problem and my targets went all up in flames as they should. I didnt get the exact dmg.
    ἀπόκρυφος
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    See, told ya it was bugged.