The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Proc Set Domination Again?

Ramzdonb16_ESO
Ramzdonb16_ESO
✭✭✭
Hey everyone,

Been a bit of a while since I've played eso.

Can't really understand why builds I used to use such as new moon and burning spell weave are dealing basically no damage?

Can someone put me on to a nice burst build that allows me to kill with skills rather than using Way of Fire and Maras Balm carry?

Thanks
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dunno about "proc set domination"

You have to do X damage in Y number of gcd. The two privileged classes have that inherent in their class kit and can run stat sets, proc sets, or whatever they want. They have no need to crutch on specific sets.

One class has access to unique build options related to recent buffs to that class, or it can run the meta proc build.

The other three classes lack that enough damage or healing in their class kit and are dependent on the meta proc build to be even remotely viable.
  • Ramzdonb16_ESO
    Ramzdonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry can you explain in noob terms what you mean by x damage in y number of gcd?

Assuming the two classes are nb and dk?
  • Jman100582
    Jman100582
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry can you explain in noob terms what you mean by x damage in y number of gcd?

Dk, nb, and warden basically have more inherent damage than every other class. They also have good class abilities that actually allow them to do full combos and land 2-3 tics of damage in a single second. Sorc can do it too, class just doesn’t have as much damage as the others

So basically the proc sets add more damage because the other classes don’t have enough damage abilities to use for standard stat sets to buff
    Edited by Jman100582 on April 6, 2023 10:06PM
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    procs are fun and cool because they increase the W/S damage ratio on your combo while adding a fireworks show to your combo.

A spammable+a heavy attack will generally give a 2.0 w/s damage ratio before considering resource stats, enchantments, target mitigation, and %bonuses.

The average proc has a 1.0 w/s damage ratio. If you can trigger one proc with your combo, the W/S damage ratio of your combo goes to 3.0. That is a 50% increase in the value of weapon and spell damage of that one gcd combo, a huge bonus to burst when supported by high weapon and spell damage. If you can trigger 2 or 3 (it's still possible with the right mix of procs) you can really make people go boom.

With such tremendous value from w/s damage, a proc build misses very little damage from investing in health or overall comfort over resources as a damage stat compared to a stats build. Procs can be for brawlers too.

It's not a universal solution for making a good build though. When building with procs you need to build to support the procs to get value out of them. That means medium armor, dual wield, and more weapon/spell damage even when it would make sense to dip into critical damage or penetration or shore up defenses and sustain on a stats build. The exception is for procs that scale with health or your own armor, then you just build for those instead. The conditions can also make you very predictable since you're usually going to want to fire your procs as soon as they're up.

TL/DR; Procs rock. But they aren't for everyone. You need a certain level of intelofgents to really appreciate them and get the most you can out of them.

Edited by DrNukenstein on April 6, 2023 11:33PM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *clears throat*

I hate proc sets.

*walks out*
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Dw and vateshran for the win lolz
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m with Elyon.

I get no satisfaction when my armor gets kills, especially via procs that require little to no skill to exploit.

• katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You need to do a set amount of damage (average health is around 30K) in 2-3 global cooldowns, ideally you spend 2-3 GCD and using delayed burst, enchants, procs, animation cancelling, and such so that all or the majority of that damage hits the target at the same time.