The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Quickslots NOT working on my iMac - SOLVED

Pangnirtung
Pangnirtung
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been playing for over a month now and still cannot get quickslots to use the potion selected. Pressing "Q" displays the potions but will NOT consume it.

On Reddit a few others have mentioned that the quickslot key is effectively useless to them also.

Any workarounds or solutions to this? I am on a 2011 iMac with the Apple wireless keyboard. Also binding the quickslot to my Naga mouse will also not activate the potions.
Edited by Pangnirtung on May 4, 2014 7:25PM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just tested and it's working as intended for me. I can't think it is Mac related as I have an iMac also.

Perhaps some corruption or issue with server-side data for that character. I suggest to make a ticket as it may be the only way to get it sorted if it's the case. Have you tested on different characters?

Just to confirm you select item from Inventory then press Q to select what goes in which quickslot. Then to select what gets used you place/ move the potion to the top most (12 o'clock position) slot which is the one that gets used.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have also tried it on my alts. One works occasionally and not at all on the other.

When I press Q the health potion displays and nothing else happens.

I filed a ticket today.

Thank you for the suggestions.
  • Randay
    Randay
    ✭✭✭
    works great for me, using any add ons that might interfere?
    if less really is more, then maybe nothing is everything
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Randay, I'll turn them off and see if that changes anything. Thank you for the suggestion.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixed! Thank you Randay.

I turned every AddOn off. Quickslots work.

One by one I turned on an AddOn and checked to see if the quickslot worked until they were all turned on and now it works.

• Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Always worth switching off ALL add ons for any issues TBH. Still in early days for them and game ;)
  • Randay
    Randay
    ✭✭✭
    glad to help! would be happy to hear which add-on caused the issue
    if less really is more, then maybe nothing is everything