The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cookery Wiz: "

DreamyLu
DreamyLu
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello All

Since about one week (since one of the patch), Cookery Wiz causes an error notification at loading game:

"ResizeToFitDescendents: Enabling resizToFitDescendents is illegal for Label. CookeryWizOptionsUIContentDisableMiniIconText."

The problem is that in the settings for the addons, Cookery Wiz doesn't appear in the list so I can't do anything via that method. So, I tried to uninstall it and re-install it from the scratch, but it didn't change anything. I'm out of ideas.

Anyone knows about this trouble with some hint(s) as how to fix it?

Thanks in advance
Lu
I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've an addon or two that gives me the same error. I suspect ZOS has changed something in the API and the add-on author needs to fix it, I've not found any settings in my addons to help. Has Cookery Wiz updated at all since the errors appeared?
  • Myrnhiel
    Myrnhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you already tried this:

https://esoui.com/downloads/info1034-CookeryWiz.html#comments

That's how I got rid of the error messages and Cookery Wiz works just fine again.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Myrnhiel , thank you so much.

Out of the thread at your link, I did what is described in the top post. In case it can help others, I paste it below.

Open the files with Notpad++ or similar:
    CookeryWiz\Xml\CookeryWizOptions.xml
    CookeryWiz\Xml\CookeryWizStockpiles.xml

Replace all resizeToFitDescendents with DimensionContraints in both files via menu Search->Replace and save.

It worked immediately and perfectly.

Thanks All
    Lu
    Edited by DreamyLu on April 7, 2023 9:10AM
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Myrnhiel
    Myrnhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're very welcome. :)