The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The thing about events, and event tickets...

jle30303
jle30303
✭✭✭✭✭
...Is that, in any given event, there have to be LESS things to spend tickets on, than there are tickets available.

To cater for: (1) People who can't play every day and (2) people who started playing late, and thus need to spend their tickets on last year's collectibles as well as this year's.

This current Jester's Festival fails on both, by the following metric:

- Max tickets available in it = 27
- Of which, given the "Passion's Muse" collectible, one needs to earmark 15 tickets - 5 for a part of the 3-part flower, and 10 for a part of the 3-part Muse.

For the following reasons:
- Given that there were supposed to be 3 spring events in the original plan, and both the Passion's Blossom and Passion's Muse are 3-part items, it is reasonable to earmark 15 tickets per event on average for these fragments.
- Given that one of the Spring events was cancelled, and moved to the Summer, so one of the seasons will have an extra Event: the availability of Passion's Muse has been extended to compensate for this, but since other Summer events must also earmark tickets for the Summer collectible - the "Meadowbreeze Memories" - all this does is move, on average, 1 fragment of the Blossom and 1 fragment of the Muse to the 1 extra summer event, in terms of earmarkery of tickets.
- This still leaves one needing to earmark 15 of the 27 tickets for "Passion's Muse stuff", in general.

This leaves 12 tickets to be spent on Other Stuff, whether it is old or new.

Now, what do we have?
- Indriks. These require no less than 40 tickets for each of TWO indriks (as well as 20 for each Nascent). They repeat: they're a long term collection project: they're exactly the sort of thing for which there should be spare tickets, to make gradual progress towards.
- The two new style pages, Bucket and Broom. They cost 5 each, if you don't randomly get them from gold boxes - which are 1 chance per day.
- The new Daedroth Minstrel costume, in 10 fragments. You can only obtain 1 per day and have apparently a 40% chance of that, and more importantly <i>there are only a maximum of nine chances to get 1 fragment</i> because they only come in gold boxes, AND that's including the fact that the event begins and ends mid-day so its 8-day timespan actually allows the getting of a 9th gold box after rollover (Which still stands a chance of getting gatecrashed by Maintenance.) So, to get the 10th costume fragment, you need to spend at least 3 tickets.
- If you get a Minstrel fragment, you're guaranteed to NOT get the Bucket or Broom style from that box. There is a chance of getting neither (but an old style page or runebox instead).

So you've got a probability of needing to spend at least 13 tickets, possibly more, on new stuff - which means no chance of catching up on old stuff, and STILL being in deficit, and that's assuming you get 9 costume fragments in 9 days and only having to buy 1 with tickets. Which also means having to buy the Bucket and Broom with tickets.

Yes, you could start the event with 12 spare tickets. No, this doesn't count, because by the same token, you also want to start NEXT event with 12 spare fragments, so those two cancel out. Same result as starting with 0 spare tickets.

My conclusions:

(1) Daedroth Minstrel costume fragments should drop from purple boxes as well as gold.
(2) The availability of the spring indriks should *also* be extended by one event, into the summer season (i.e. Dawnwood and Spectral berries should be on sale during the Anniversary event.)
(3) Or, at the very least, if neither of the above, the availability of the Jester's Festival ticket purchases should be extended into the Anniversary Jubilee Event, which lasts for longer, gives more tickets but has less stuff to buy with them.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 2, 2023 6:20PM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Luckily not everyone wants every non morphing collectible so you can find them all in guild banks and stores.

i would also love more event tickets so i can get indriks faster though.

it Would have been awesome if the daedroth costume fragments were in purple boxes but they're a new item so i assume next year they'll be in the purple boxes

jubilee starts immediately when jester's festival ends so saving up for jubilee seems odd? for other events i save up tickets but with jubilee there's no need especially as getting tickets just requires you to get the new cake and then use it once per day
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with Jubilee, its the same issue as with Jesters, or anything else - "how many tickets you can actually get" versus "what you can actually spend them on". With the same necessity: "gainable tickets" should EXCEED "tickets that are necessary to spend on This Year's Content", so that there exist spare tickets that can be spent on Previous Content.

In the case of the Anniversary Event, it appears they do. Unfortunately, in the case of Jester's event, it appears they do not.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knowing that I have plenty of Impresario repair kits in my bank I find that, overall, there are plenty of tickets available for what I want.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only agree that there should be enough tickets to get "event specific" "event ticket ONLY" items during each event.

Broom/Bucket/Scraps can all be bought with gold or earned through non-ticket methods.

The morph pieces will all be available in later events.

So, Jester's passes the test.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    I can only agree that there should be enough tickets to get "event specific" "event ticket ONLY" items during each event.

Broom/Bucket/Scraps can all be bought with gold or earned through non-ticket methods.

Can't all items that are newly coming out be found in later events, like the Jesters Festival next year?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like being able to collect all of the event items if possible, so I'm all for getting more tickets than it takes to buy everything.

However, over the years that events with tickets have been held-- beginning sometime after Summerset, given that before then the various celebrations didn't reward tickets-- a lot of players complained about not having anything to spend their tickets on, because they had no interest in acquiring indriks with their tickets.

I think that's at least partly why ZOS began to offer other things we could buy with our tickets. And given that there will always be certain things that some players are not interested in acquiring, it kind of becomes necessary for there to be more things to buy than there are tickets to buy them with.

Of course, some of the things which we can buy with tickets also have a chance to drop from event coffers. But that can also become an issue if we end up getting flooded with runeboxes or style pages that then clutter up guild banks. So that means the chances of things dropping from event coffers needs to be carefully considered as well, to balance giving players a shot at getting drops against the possibility of flooding everyone's inventories, bank accounts, and storage chests with stuff.

It's kind of gotten to be one of those situations where no matter what ZOS does, they can't win for losing, since there will most likely always be some players who are unhappy with one aspect or other.

In the end, we just have to prioritize the things on offer and be prepared to miss out on some of them-- hopefully the ones we care the least about.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Can't all items that are newly coming out be found in later events, like the Jesters Festival next year?

Also this. Most events have a "grab bag" of old previous iterations of the event items for a cheap ticket price. I, admittingly, don't really look for it, as I have been able to keep up with every event so far, at worst having to buy a couple of the style pages near the end when the market for them has crashed.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Carlos93
    Carlos93
    ✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    ...Is that, in any given event, there have to be LESS things to spend tickets on, than there are tickets available.

To cater for: (1) People who can't play every day and (2) people who started playing late, and thus need to spend their tickets on last year's collectibles as well as this year's.

This current Jester's Festival fails on both, by the following metric:

- Max tickets available in it = 27
    - Of which, given the "Passion's Muse" collectible, one needs to earmark 15 tickets - 5 for a part of the 3-part flower, and 10 for a part of the 3-part Muse.

For the following reasons:
    - Given that there were supposed to be 3 spring events in the original plan, and both the Passion's Blossom and Passion's Muse are 3-part items, it is reasonable to earmark 15 tickets per event on average for these fragments.
    - Given that one of the Spring events was cancelled, and moved to the Summer, so one of the seasons will have an extra Event: the availability of Passion's Muse has been extended to compensate for this, but since other Summer events must also earmark tickets for the Summer collectible - the "Meadowbreeze Memories" - all this does is move, on average, 1 fragment of the Blossom and 1 fragment of the Muse to the 1 extra summer event, in terms of earmarkery of tickets.
    - This still leaves one needing to earmark 15 of the 27 tickets for "Passion's Muse stuff", in general.

This leaves 12 tickets to be spent on Other Stuff, whether it is old or new.

Now, what do we have?
    - Indriks. These require no less than 40 tickets for each of TWO indriks (as well as 20 for each Nascent). They repeat: they're a long term collection project: they're exactly the sort of thing for which there should be spare tickets, to make gradual progress towards.
    - The two new style pages, Bucket and Broom. They cost 5 each, if you don't randomly get them from gold boxes - which are 1 chance per day.
    - The new Daedroth Minstrel costume, in 10 fragments. You can only obtain 1 per day and have apparently a 40% chance of that, and more importantly <i>there are only a maximum of nine chances to get 1 fragment</i> because they only come in gold boxes, AND that's including the fact that the event begins and ends mid-day so its 8-day timespan actually allows the getting of a 9th gold box after rollover (Which still stands a chance of getting gatecrashed by Maintenance.) So, to get the 10th costume fragment, you need to spend at least 3 tickets.
    - If you get a Minstrel fragment, you're guaranteed to NOT get the Bucket or Broom style from that box. There is a chance of getting neither (but an old style page or runebox instead).

So you've got a probability of needing to spend at least 13 tickets, possibly more, on new stuff - which means no chance of catching up on old stuff, and STILL being in deficit, and that's assuming you get 9 costume fragments in 9 days and only having to buy 1 with tickets. Which also means having to buy the Bucket and Broom with tickets.

Yes, you could start the event with 12 spare tickets. No, this doesn't count, because by the same token, you also want to start NEXT event with 12 spare fragments, so those two cancel out. Same result as starting with 0 spare tickets.

My conclusions:

(1) Daedroth Minstrel costume fragments should drop from purple boxes as well as gold.
    (2) The availability of the spring indriks should *also* be extended by one event, into the summer season (i.e. Dawnwood and Spectral berries should be on sale during the Anniversary event.)
    (3) Or, at the very least, if neither of the above, the availability of the Jester's Festival ticket purchases should be extended into the Anniversary Jubilee Event, which lasts for longer, gives more tickets but has less stuff to buy with them.

The event lasts 9 days, they give you 3 tickets per day.

The costume is made up of 10 fragments, each fragment costs 3 tickets.

You would only have to spend the 3 daily tickets on the fragments, at the end of the event you would have 9 fragments.

You only have to get a fragment in the golden box to add ten fragments and get the costume.

Save the tickets from the last days of the event to use them to purchase the shoulder upgrade.

You will surely get more fragments in the golden boxes.

If you had zero tickets when you started the event, you will have one ticket left over.

If you add up that ticket plus the thirty-nine tickets you get at the next event, you can get all three Q1 pieces and the first Q2 piece.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

After that, count what ELSE you need to spend tickets on. The Passion Blossom and Muse, for example. Or the Broom and Bucket. Or "Hide Shoulders". Or the spring Indriks. At some point, the Unstable Morpholith and its convertibles, or the Soulfire Dragon Illusion and *its* convertibles, are liable to be added to the list of "things from past years that can be bought with event tickets if you have any spares": though none of these things have been added to that list YET, they surely will be. And the more of such similar things there are, the more annoying it is to have an event where you are more likely to "fall further behind" than "catch up".
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the events are a total "missing me" experience any more. Jubilee... and New Life. Those are great. Others, not so much.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Carlos93
    Carlos93
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.

After that, count what ELSE you need to spend tickets on. The Passion Blossom and Muse, for example. Or the Broom and Bucket. Or "Hide Shoulders". Or the spring Indriks. At some point, the Unstable Morpholith and its convertibles, or the Soulfire Dragon Illusion and *its* convertibles, are liable to be added to the list of "things from past years that can be bought with event tickets if you have any spares": though none of these things have been added to that list YET, they surely will be. And the more of such similar things there are, the more annoying it is to have an event where you are more likely to "fall further behind" than "catch up".

The next event starts when the Jester's Festival ends, the Passion Flower pet shards are available throughout the year and "Hide Shoulders" can be purchased during the Jester's Festival.

As I said before, one or more fragments of the costume are sure to appear in the golden boxes.

Use the Jester's Festival Tickets to buy the remaining shards, and reserve the Last Days Tickets to buy "Hide Shoulders".

You will have one ticket left over during the Jester's Festival.

During the Anniversary Jubilee you can buy all three Q1 clips and the first Q2 clip for forty tickets.

In the following events you will be able to purchase the Passion Flower pet shards for fifteen tickets.

If you participated in The Season of the Dragon Celebration event at the end of January, you should have the Passion Flower pet and the first shard of Q1.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

Thank goodness there are zero event only, ticket only purchases available in this event only.

The pet and personality pieces will be available in the next event. The hide shoulders available indefinitely.

Broom/Bucket/Scraps all buyable with gold or drops in the boxes from participating!

Perfect event to get caught up, especially with the abundance of tickets that will be available for anniversary!
    Edited by tmbrinks on April 2, 2023 1:03AM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Most of the events are a total "missing me" experience any more. Jubilee... and New Life. Those are great. Others, not so much.

Most event quests tend to be such that once you've done them several times there isn't much reason to keep doing all of them each year unless you're grinding for purple coffers or just happen to enjoy those particular quests. And if you've participated in a given event for several years already then you probably have all or most of the older rewards and don't need to grind for purple coffers unless you're hoping to sell everything on the guild traders.

I like events like this where I can relax and just do one or two quests each day for the tickets and gold coffer, since it gives me more time to do all of the other things that I enjoy in the game-- especially since I play on two servers every day. As much as I enjoy all of the events-- even the PvP-themed ones-- I'd rather be able to just play and enjoy the game with a relaxed attitude than grind for every possible event coffer on every single one of my characters.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

If you are the type of person that absolutely must have everything the event offers and also go pickup what past events have offered then yea, that is a you issue... be prepared to spend a lot of gold to get what you can from other players and focus on the stuff that must be only got with tickets. To be honest, it seems this stressing you out about falling behind and all is not an issue most people would have, this seems more an individual choice on your part, sorry.

They used to do that, have more tickets than what was available to buy with those tickets.
    It wasn't good either.
    People wanted more choice, more items to spend tickets on, and a variety...a reason to keep getting tickets and using them... and that's what we have. Events used to die out in the last half because everyone had bought everything with tickets that could be bought. I think it's much better now, it's actually interesting to go see what all the Impresario is offering this time around and figure out how I'll get what I want.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    TaSheen wrote: »

Most event quests tend to be such that once you've done them several times there isn't much reason to keep doing all of them each year unless you're grinding for purple coffers or just happen to enjoy those particular quests. And if you've participated in a given event for several years already then you probably have all or most of the older rewards and don't need to grind for purple coffers unless you're hoping to sell everything on the guild traders.

I like events like this where I can relax and just do one or two quests each day for the tickets and gold coffer, since it gives me more time to do all of the other things that I enjoy in the game-- especially since I play on two servers every day. As much as I enjoy all of the events-- even the PvP-themed ones-- I'd rather be able to just play and enjoy the game with a relaxed attitude than grind for every possible event coffer on every single one of my characters.

I have need for tickets for the indriks I missed - that's about it. I don't care about the stuff in the event at all - the tickets are my thing. The last 3 (or is it 4 now?) years, I just don't care about the morph stuff - so not my thing. Outside Jubilee and New Life, I'm getting 12 tickets in this event, and then I'm giving away the cloth scraps and whatever style pages I've got. The costume is silly - don't want it - and I've got all the previous years' style pages on my accounts except for the newest one. And I can't bring myself to care about those on that one.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post