The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Shield Wall not effective bug

Lykeion
Lykeion
✭✭✭✭
I'm an NA server player, and I'm experiencing a bug in U37 where the ult skill of 1H&S doesn't work. Although the visual effects of the Shield Wall appear, it doesn't seem to produce a blocking effect. I recorded a video of my encounter with the bug to better demonstrate it. You can see from my death recap that the favor did 65k+ damage, which is not a blocked damage value. I don't think that I have encountered a similar situation before U37

https://youtu.be/aERFfrAlN8Y

Please dev check this bug and fix it asap, thanks!
Edited by Lykeion on March 28, 2023 7:12PM
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    We are taking a look into this now.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all. Have an update here. We're working on a fix and have identified the issue is sprinting while the Ultimate is active. So you should avoid this until we have a chance to fix it. We are aiming to have a fix for the April 24 incremental. We'll update if anything changes there. Thanks all.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we not have a block bug for 5 minutes?
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Can we not have a block bug for 5 minutes?

You're asking too much
  • MetallicMonk
    MetallicMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be a bit of a shock but from a pvp perspective when you pop a defensive ult you're normally taking heavy pressure from most likely multiple people and probably would be good to be able to move fast when you're using it.

Just don't sprint lmao, for another month.

This+ all the other bugs in this current patch, plus block being bugged for 2 months straight before this.

Do you guys realize what a joke this makes you look like? You literally haven't had a functioning game for like the entire first quarter of the year.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be a bit of a shock but from a pvp perspective when you pop a defensive ult you're normally taking heavy pressure from most likely multiple people and probably would be good to be able to move fast when you're using it.

Just don't sprint lmao, for another month.

This+ all the other bugs in this current patch, plus block being bugged for 2 months straight before this.

Do you guys realize what a joke this makes you look like? You literally haven't had a functioning game for like the entire first quarter of the year.

Most studios would not let a patch go live if it contained this amount of core combat system-breaking bugs. Despite claiming that responsiveness in the core combat system was extremely important to the values of the studio, you've allowed for all of these things to go live and have yet to offer so much as an apology for the second consecutive patch with issues of this nature. By the time these issues are resolved, considering the two plus months block didn't work last patch, there will have been cumulatively an entire third of the year where combat had serious issues.

Is there any intention to address this, or provide compensation for your playerbase having to deal with these issues?

@ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno

6zgosvx3aus5.png
    Edited by React on March 31, 2023 5:00AM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    So you should avoid this until we have a chance to fix it.

Why does it repeatedly fall on the community to adjust to bugs that affect core combat? Why are functionality issues like this still a common occurrence at this point in ESO's lifespan?