The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PS5 Cyrodiil PVP Completely Unplayable

Steel_Heart777
Steel_Heart777
✭✭✭
I am so tired of complaining, I gave up years ago but I have to say this now. I just came back after a year break because Cyrodiil pvp was completely unplayable. Unsurprisingly, Cyrodiil pvp is still completely and utterly unplayable. I would say that it's worse now than ever before, which makes no sense since I'm playing with the best setup I can for console.

Noteworthy pretenses: PS5, wired connection, fastest available internet 1.5g speed, all wi-fi's in home turned off, wired controller, best available ethernet cable, performance mode
(so don't tell me to "check my internet connection" zos)

Why I'm done:
- skills do not fire
- when pressing a skill, character seizures in place while I watch helplessly as character dies
- if lucky, skill will fire after 4-7 button presses, by which time I'm long dead or target is gone
- why would I bother logging in? for the same mounts to be reskinned 47 times?
- please for the love of god, make Cyrodiil pvp playable
- I can't imagine forfeiting 8 years of progress to switch to PC simply because of this sheer incompetence
- I don't have any hope for this left, I'm shouting into the void
- What the f?
- Seriously though?
Edited by Steel_Heart777 on November 16, 2022 9:19PM
  • PS5 NA - EP Since Launch
  • CP 2400+
  • 2nd Ever EP Grand Overlord PS4 NA - Spartan Ze - Stamblade AR50
  • PactBerserkr - Stamden AR50
  • Lord Bigdaddysmash - Stamcro AR50
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s because of all the cheating going on in the game, this is a very old game and they don’t police it at all [snip]

Have you ever noticed how people can maintain running in a circle while constantly jumping AND casting multiple abilities including bar swapping but here is where it wreaks the servers, they are firing off abilities like a GAU-8 avenger seven-barrel gatling gun on the A-10.

In the time I cast 1 javelin at a warden or dragon knight or necromancer (nothing else is really played anymore) in the break free animation if you even see that they will have broken free, fully healed themselves, cast what ever defense ability they want up AND… have fired off at least 3 – 5 attacks all in that break free animation and if I am lucky I might be able to use one more ability after the javelin but then they will have hit me another 7+ times.

Try this for fun, run in a circle where you need your left thumb to maintain pressure on the left thumb stick and at the same time with your right thumb maintain pressure on that thumb stick to maintain that circle movement all while constantly jumping and using at least 5 other abilities at the same time and even including bar swapping… can you?? now when I use my right thumb to jump or use an ability assigned to the square or triangle or circle I have to take my thumb off the right thumb stick and no longer move in a circle pattern forcing me to run straight, or if I bar swap I have to remove my thumb from the left thumb stick stopping my forward movement but an ever growing number of people seem to be able to do all this constantly… [snip]

Ever notice how wardens are always casting scorch (the beetle animation) all the time, even when being chassed by 20+ players all behind them… why would they waste the precious power casting this ability when no one is in front of them??? this is always easy to spot on wardens. With the press of 1 button a group of abilities are all triggered to go off… its cheating.

Cheating the system has always [snip] up servers in all games, always has always will. Then you couple this with more bad decision like adding in things like increasing players speeds (ring of the hunt) to ridiculous levels that makes people impossible to hit because they are never where they are on your screen, or with everyone running dark convergence and it being mass spammed in fights with programable devices causing people to just crash out of the game.

[snip]

This is a very old game… you should not expect anything from a game this old.

[Edited for Baiting and Censor Bypass]
    Edited by Psiion on December 1, 2022 4:08AM
  • esogamer2021
    esogamer2021
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I’ll get banned for saying this who but knows , lest he 100% honest here , ZOS are fully aware that cryodill is unplayable at peak times but the truth is they just don’t care anymore , The LAG is horrendous now and it’s only gotten worse since the proc damage sets and the antiquities came into play , it’s was laggy before but nothing to how bad it is now , and PVP players are leaving the game left right and center , the developers say that they are working on this and that and blah blah blah but the developers don’t play the game they don’t see the lag and they don’t care either , the reason they brought in the antiquity and over powered prod damage sets it’s simply to sell the new chapters it’s all about the $ for eso and not it’s player base never has been and now the reputation of this game is in trouble especial when you’ve got senior managers going on live twitch damming the PVP community, , they need to disable proc sets and antiquity and that will reduce a lot of the unplayable lag , but they don’t because once again it’s about the $ , 6 years in the game now myself and it’s promise after promise to fix the game and year after year it’s a failure of excuses , they need a whole new management team to run eso and make the game enjoyable again
    Edited by esogamer2021 on December 1, 2022 5:55PM
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jerj6925 wrote: »
    [...] Try this for fun, run in a circle where you need your left thumb to maintain pressure on the left thumb stick and at the same time with your right thumb maintain pressure on that thumb stick to maintain that circle movement all while constantly jumping and using at least 5 other abilities at the same time and even including bar swapping… can you?? now when I use my right thumb to jump or use an ability assigned to the square or triangle or circle I have to take my thumb off the right thumb stick and no longer move in a circle pattern forcing me to run straight, or if I bar swap I have to remove my thumb from the left thumb stick stopping my forward movement but an ever growing number of people seem to be able to do all this constantly… [...]

For Playstation: Put abilities you need to aim on L1 and R1 and everything gets easier. If this is not enough, buy a controller with "back paddles" or the "Back Button Attachment" for playstation controller. There are even controllers on the market with buttons between R1 and R2 and L1 and L2. And if that's not enough, you can play with mouse and keyboard. Does that make you a cheater?

I have sprint and weapon swap on my "DUALSHOCK 4 Back Button Attachment" back paddles, because my fingers would hurt too much otherwise. I could not play without them anymore because i am old...

Yes, cheating will always be possible somehow, but most of the time it is "learn to play" and game mechanics you do not understand, because the game never told you how it works...

But i agree with all the other stuff. PvP needs help. Not because people don't want to play, but because ZOS killed it with crap performance, bugs and neglect.
  • MISTFORMBZZZ
    MISTFORMBZZZ
    ✭✭✭
    the pvp performance is at the worst state possible on ps eu. Population decreased drastical.
    Both campaigns be affected, GH & BR
  • Akasha_Mei
    Akasha_Mei
    ✭✭
    This campaign PS/NA, GH is unplayable. The amount of tech scripts and spam of AoE are incredibly enormous. It's very easy to see that's cyber script work. We pay for nothing, can't play at all.
    Kind Regards,Akasha Mei
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a game to play? Could've fooled me thought it was just a running simulator
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • MISTFORMBZZZ
    MISTFORMBZZZ
    ✭✭✭
    this is still up to date btw
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Issues surrounding Cyro is still a thing. Getting stuck on one bar is one of the worst glitches right now because not only do you get stuck on one bar but when you're in this bug, you also can't get into keeps, it just doesn't let you, so when you're in a big fight and this happens, you either have to crouch and hide, run away or just accept the death.

Also, I know everyone scoffs at the idea of lag switches, exploits and other forms of cheating but based on experience and others POV in zone chat, guilds, etc...it is incredibly laughable and fishy when you can't fire a single skill, break free from anything, stunned every second, or just unable to do a single thing but the other alliance is just steamrolling everyone with what seems to be no issue whatsoever. Bunny hopping while firing skills, running around keeps smooth as butter...it's just so unplayable majority of the time anymore