The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Green Icon above players head

ramdrop
ramdrop
✭✭✭
Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has been asked before. I encountered this last night, couldn't find anything about it..?

image.png
Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 19, 2022 12:30PM
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's part of the new target marking system
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's part of the new target marking system

I read that wrong. Thought it said "new target marketing system"
    And now I can't help but think that ZOS would use this to let one see what crown store items a player might be wearing and allow purchase right there on that screen...
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • Natakiro
    Natakiro
    ✭✭✭
    Those are Target Markers, from the last major update; holding tab/R3 now brings up a new wheel to add icons to NPCs.
    jko0dz8q1x5m.png

You can remove it by targeting again and choosing the same icon
    zauadqfi0o66.png
    PC-NA | Play on Desktop, Steam Deck, VR via vorpX
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is that the same thing as this? i've had this appear over my head randomly in some groups. it then disappears later, but it can stick when i change zones - even after leaving group.
    17k2914oqm59.png

how do i disable this? none of the targetting dohickeys are hot keyed to anything, so i have no idea how this is appearing.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    haelgaan wrote: »
    is that the same thing as this? i've had this appear over my head randomly in some groups. it then disappears later, but it can stick when i change zones - even after leaving group.
    17k2914oqm59.png

how do i disable this? none of the targetting dohickeys are hot keyed to anything, so i have no idea how this is appearing.

Ther players can apply it to you, its useful to apply to the tank for example to see who to follow etc. You can remove it by applying the same symbol to you that has been applied by someone else
    Soupy twist