The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Put doors back on towers.

Danse_Mayhem
Danse_Mayhem
✭✭✭✭
Please consider putting doors back on towers, and making them take siege damage.

With the current tank meta, and how easy it is to stack speed, it is WAY too easy to survive by just running around a tower and being a pain.
On pretty much any class I can easily survive 10-15 ppl chasing me around a tower and waste their time.

I know some will say “ok then don’t waste time on a few trolls tower running” but if it’s like 5 of them, then they can just start sieging something when you get bored.

Same with keeps - We can get a group of 5-6 optimised players in a corner tower and just survive until the enemy (much larger) group gets bored and leaves, then we just take the keep.

This is stupid imo. Put doors back on resource towers at least pls and make them damageable again - that was such a cool mechanic
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY!

YouTube.com/DarkProjectMayhem
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And by 5-6 optimized players you mean players in meta builds that are both tank and canons at the same time?

Why fixing towers and keeps and corners if they can just address the current tank meta? That would fix way more scenarios than those mentioned in the OP.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meta aside, it was a fun mechanic and an added thing you could do in resources. Now groups run inside to recharge ulti and come out to ulti bomb, rinse and repeat, people either chase or leave, not much happening.
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In addition, destructible towers spread players out on the map more, which in the long run, in theory at least, spread the battles out and reduce lag. I don't know if we need the doors back or not, but the ability to break down the resource towers I think would be a good experiment and see how it works out to increase performance. Maybe it will make it worse too, I don't know.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please consider putting doors back on towers, and making them take siege damage.

With the current tank meta, and how easy it is to stack speed, it is WAY too easy to survive by just running around a tower and being a pain.
    On pretty much any class I can easily survive 10-15 ppl chasing me around a tower and waste their time.

I know some will say “ok then don’t waste time on a few trolls tower running” but if it’s like 5 of them, then they can just start sieging something when you get bored.

Same with keeps - We can get a group of 5-6 optimised players in a corner tower and just survive until the enemy (much larger) group gets bored and leaves, then we just take the keep.

This is stupid imo. Put doors back on resource towers at least pls and make them damageable again - that was such a cool mechanic

For keeps, if it is not flag and you are inside the keep you are instantly killed.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doors on towers will just make it easier for tower farmers. Why try and pull people into a chokepoint when the door does that for them, and they can stack AoEs on the door and do far more damage to people who are try to instance into the tower.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »
    Doors on towers will just make it easier for tower farmers. Why try and pull people into a chokepoint when the door does that for them, and they can stack AoEs on the door and do far more damage to people who are try to instance into the tower.

this, dont want to go back to that like early cyro

however that stuff did teach me to ignore tower campers as not being worth the time lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make towers square, wooden, and let us start fires in them giving fire damage to players who pass through it by any means. Not extinguishing the fires allows the tower to burn down in stages.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t care if they put the doors back on, but I’d like the towers to be destroyable again.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    The real problem seems to be that they are more of a tool for the attacker than the defender which completely defeats the purpose of them existing in the first place. So why not make them like mini keeps? Give em a door, make em siegeable. And also only let the OWNER use them.

Maybe it even needs to go further? Put the flag INSIDE the tower. Make the debuff for loosing one BIGGER. Outside of cutting off access to a keep if you hit all three most people don't even bother with them when attacking. Hitting the keep directly is usually better since time is the most important element.
  • UnabashedlyHonest
    UnabashedlyHonest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition, destructible towers spread players out on the map more, which in the long run, in theory at least, spread the battles out and reduce lag. I don't know if we need the doors back or not, but the ability to break down the resource towers I think would be a good experiment and see how it works out to increase performance. Maybe it will make it worse too, I don't know.

Agree. I don't think we should get the doors back, but it would be nice to be able to siege the towers down again for sure.
  • UnabashedlyHonest
    UnabashedlyHonest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Janni wrote: »
    The real problem seems to be that they are more of a tool for the attacker than the defender which completely defeats the purpose of them existing in the first place. So why not make them like mini keeps? Give em a door, make em siegeable. And also only let the OWNER use them.

Maybe it even needs to go further? Put the flag INSIDE the tower. Make the debuff for loosing one BIGGER. Outside of cutting off access to a keep if you hit all three most people don't even bother with them when attacking. Hitting the keep directly is usually better since time is the most important element.

Now this is an interesting idea. Maybe do this for capturing towns too or just for towns.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    And by 5-6 optimized players you mean players in meta builds that are both tank and canons at the same time?

Why fixing towers and keeps and corners if they can just address the current tank meta? That would fix way more scenarios than those mentioned in the OP.

Agree. The issue is the tank meta, not the towers.

• Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why have the tower at all?
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    Why have the tower at all?

So I can solo flag a keep from up there. Putting a door on it makes it easier to kill intruders. Good luck destroying the tower if I don't flip the flag, or your team flips it halfway through sieging the tower.
    And...Where else is the mage going to stand and hard cast frags to stun you?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you ever been in one of the Scroll farms where a group goes into building with a door, then stacks ground AOEs and even siege weapons pointing in the door, so that you practically die before you load in?

Have you ever been in the Imperial City during an event when players would camp the Sewer base exits with AOEs so that you practically die before you load out of the base?

Yeah, I think there's got to be a better way to fix your problem than going back to the old days when players could do that at any Resource tower.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've abused enough towers over the years. Good for nothing but trolling and griefing. Anyone who claims you need towers for fighting outnumbered is full of guar poo. They make no ludonarrative sense, why would you build structures that primarily benefit invaders? Every single last one of these abominations should be reduced to rubble. Permanently.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd agree that the towers should be destructible again, but please no doors.
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The doors should definitely not come back especially considering how unreliable it can be to even be able to use them in Cyrodiil, but allowing them to be destructable again would bring some welcome counterplay to the tower farmers that doesn't involve a full raid focusing them.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So instead of you chasing them around, you'd open the resource tower door and then get upt dumped and die?

Farming people was 10x easier with the doors.

I'm all for them coming back. I enjoyed the hell out of it. But it's not good for more players who'll be farmed.
  • BazOfWar
    BazOfWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not just remove the towers altogether? They don't serve any purpose and just encourage tower monkeys to troll a camp.
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

"Tear down those Towers"

Towers serve no purpose other than for a farming locality, albeit for very few occasions when it is used as a siege platform. The change with adjusting the behaviour of the structures in Cyrodiil in 2017, did nothing towards its purpose nor changed anything farming-wisely. Making the Tower indestructible was a bad idea, since it removes the option to deny the controlling faction a defencive platform and in all just help the controlling faction with a local farming point.
    The Tower need to be destructible as it were prior to the change, in order to limit its usage once controlled by an enemy faction.

None the less Resources should just be a small cottage or work area to give some identity to the nature of the resource, anything else is redundant. And those structures are present!
    "I'd rather be insane in a sane world, than sane in an insane world!" ~Me
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

MechWarrior: Living Legends – Total conversion modification for Crysis Wars.

kitlightning.deviantart
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not enough. Doors, deconstructable AND !! make falling damage sane again.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stop laughing at all the people who think the tower being destructible is a solution to farmers. Either leave towers or eliminate them. Same adaptability argument as anti-ball group xyz will be used by said group if it's actually effective.

1 How siege works - If ownership of the building you're shooting at changes to friendly, you cannot damage it.
    2 How do you stop same alliance people not in your group from flipping the flag?

I've seen lots of toxicity thrown around when you could destroy towers that had doors. I remember taking time to get the tower health down, you can see it deteriorate, and when its almost there somebody after 1500 AP flips the flag real quick and makes all that effort for nothing. What do the tower farmers do when you destroy the tower? Even if you have it completely surrounded, full blockade, one NB gets out and sets up a camp. Or they all just run to a new tower.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What do the tower farmers do when you destroy the tower?
    Or they repair it in a fraction of the time it took to destroy it.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • AndreNoir
    AndreNoir
    ✭✭✭
    Can we add doors not on resource towers (I'm for complete towers removal) but on a keep towers ? It will reduce that pesky aerobic over walls and may be even add some sense of those structures for defenders
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    Please no. It was a ridiculous feature that was abused way too often.
  • Danse_Mayhem
    Danse_Mayhem
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert

"Tear down those Towers"

Towers serve no purpose other than for a farming locality, albeit for very few occasions when it is used as a siege platform. The change with adjusting the behaviour of the structures in Cyrodiil in 2017, did nothing towards its purpose nor changed anything farming-wisely. Making the Tower indestructible was a bad idea, since it removes the option to deny the controlling faction a defencive platform and in all just help the controlling faction with a local farming point.
    The Tower need to be destructible as it were prior to the change, in order to limit its usage once controlled by an enemy faction.

None the less Resources should just be a small cottage or work area to give some identity to the nature of the resource, anything else is redundant. And those structures are present!

Totally agree! Sure there’s arguments to fix a tank mega, but 99% of the time they are just used by troll players on low damage tank builds to waste peoples time, who just steal back the flag when you get bored of chasing them. They serve no tactical advantage to the owner of the tower at all - usually the opposite. I like the one guys idea of the flag changes, or being able to burn a tower and those inside etc… I’m cool with no doors, but this meta of wasting peoples time by simply surviving is just straight boring for everyone involved
    DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY!

YouTube.com/DarkProjectMayhem
  • amonengelb16_ESO
    amonengelb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Towers and Keep Corner-Towers are actually the most broken experience in Cyrodiil. These only exist in order to abuse interrupting Line of Sight mechanics. Which is the biggest turn-off you will find in this game. It does not have anything to do with "game knowledge" or "skillful gameplay".

I really mean it: Developers should actually watch how this kind of "PvP" looks like. It has nothing in common with skillful use of Line of Sight in first-person shooters. Not even close. Its also not a question of "you can play how you want" as ZOS Combat Core Values suggest.
    Edited by amonengelb16_ESO on January 14, 2023 2:33PM
    A chalice. Bound to be filled with your tears of salt.
  • jarlragnar
    jarlragnar
    ✭✭✭
    They should make towers at resources breakable, once it breaks everyone inside dies instantaneously and can only rez at a way shrine. I usually just runaway once they go in the tower or just take the resource. If that’s the way they want to play that’s fine, but seeing 20 people running around trying to kill one person is ridiculous