Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you want BG Death Match queue back ?

Escorpiao_Noturno
Escorpiao_Noturno
✭✭✭
Please vote to show ZOS what we want

Do you want BG Death Match queue back ? 79 votes

YES
78%
SolarikenbeardedJoestybbe17b16_ESOAjaxandrielArcanasxJRManronBashevPain In The Axe0lbertikusEscorpiao_NoturnomeekmikoStamickaSyrusthevirus187JierdanitKlauthWarthogjaws343JeejeedmvabPhoenixGreysqishy_bubbles 62 votes
NO - Leave the way it is now
10%
AektannerdbeerheldCasulthe1andonlyskwexAmerisesRomanRexLunaFloraLuth7 8 votes
Only in weekends
5%
EliranUnified_GamingKilianDermothIncultaWolf 4 votes
In a specific time during a day/night
1%
Iriidius 1 vote
Add more percentage chance to DM battles
5%
SergykidWoppaBoemGreek_Hellspawntokeinskyblu 4 votes
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    I do want DM que back. I just don't want it to drag players from random/obj que into it like last time.
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    is very frustrating see our team playing all other BG types as DM
    and it is happening A LOT.

Ex : BG type is " Domination, chaos ball, etc" ... Player don't care
    about objective and go play as DM.

Come on ZOS.... Players want Death Match queue back.. see the votes

@ZOS_GinaBruno

• Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    As i said on the other topic ZoS should clearly propose 2 or 3 queues:

- Death match
    - Chaosball + Relics
    - Domination + King

There is no good reason not to get this.

The battles would be more enjoyable if all the party chose, accepted and played accordingly to the type of match.
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please...I hate healmatches...a game mode that always ends up with the two stronger teams bashing heads on the weaker teams spawn. With the best healer winning.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    I voted yes, but I also think they should just 50/50 the chance in the queue.

50% chance for Deathmatch
    50% chance for Objective

Game flips a coin and you get one or the other. Then, if you get Objective on the initial coinflip, the individual objective modes get their own 25% chance to pop up amongst themselves.

Opens a potential avenue where other Deathmatch oriented modes could be introduced, like free-for-all, or other Objective modes, while maintaining the initial 50% chance for either DM or Obj mode types to appear in the queue.
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only in weekends
    I just think they should do deathmatch weekends more frequently
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES
    Yes but they need to add an Armory Station to BGs so we have the opportunity to switch in/out of healing based on enemy team composition. If there's no healers in the Battleground then I do not want to heal. A single healer ruins Deathmatch. Also two healers on the same team ruins Deathmatch because your team won't get enough kills. Let me switch builds after I join the battleground.
    PC NA
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The option for a DM match would be just fine if it only drew from players who specifically selected the DM match. The issue with the previous designs was that the DM queue drew from the main queue for random BGs. That made the random BG queue far from random.

That is why it was abandoned and will remain as such.

Edited by Amottica on January 9, 2023 8:03PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    I think we all remember how it went down and why it was abandoned. I do not see in your explanation @Amottica a reason why they can't try again but do it right this time.

I'm probably the biggest defender of obj modes on this forum. I'm quite certain I've irritated a number of people about it. If I think there should be a DM que then you can pretty much consider it unanimous.

Or you could just look at the poll.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I think we all remember how it went down and why it was abandoned. I do not see in your explanation @Amottica a reason why they can't try again but do it right this time.

I'm probably the biggest defender of obj modes on this forum. I'm quite certain I've irritated a number of people about it. If I think there should be a DM que then you can pretty much consider it unanimous.

Or you could just look at the poll.

The first sentence of my post notes exactly how they could do it right.

I did look at the poll. It was created last month and we are 10 days into this month and only 32 people have voted. That basically says there is very little interest in even discussing the topic.

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    Ah, good, yes that was what I said when I first got here too. Sorry, I misinterpreted what you said.

I do disagree that nobody is interested. How many people are active on the forums do you think? I involve myself in a fair number of topics and if I'm not really including the Hardcore PvE or Housing crowd then I would be hard pressed to name 32 forumers.

Seems to me like the majority of people have voted.
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    So ZOS ...

Would it be possible to fulfill the community wish ?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wouldnt mind if they brought a DM only queue back for those who wanted it

but they would definitely have to do a much better job with it

the DM and random queues should not touch each other, otherwise you get the situation we had for awhile where random was 99.8% DM because even 1 person queueing for DM would force potentially up to 11 people in the random to do DM

i personally dont enjoy DM mode, but i dont see the problem in having a queue for only that for those who are interested
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES
    Got 2 back to back dm last night in group queue
    Felt like we won the lottery
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, we'll pass this feedback along. We do have future Battleground Weekends planned, including a Deathmatch centric weekend. But we'll pass the feedback along to the dev team.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i wouldnt mind if they brought a DM only queue back for those who wanted it

but they would definitely have to do a much better job with it

the DM and random queues should not touch each other, otherwise you get the situation we had for awhile where random was 99.8% DM because even 1 person queueing for DM would force potentially up to 11 people in the random to do DM

i personally dont enjoy DM mode, but i dont see the problem in having a queue for only that for those who are interested

I agree as this is what I said earlier. While I think it is great Zemiax will be having DM-only weekends, there is nothing wrong with a stand-alone queue for DMs that only draws from those who are heavily interested in DM. But it should not draw from the random queue and players who are interested in a variety and more depth to their PvP experience.

I do not see why anyone interested in a DM queue would object to this.
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As i said on the other topic ZoS should clearly propose 2 or 3 queues:

- Death match
    - Chaosball + Relics
    - Domination + King

There is no good reason not to get this.

The battles would be more enjoyable if all the party chose, accepted and played accordingly to the type of match.

That was the original queue system, and I think it is for the best to have this back in the game.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    YES
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All, we'll pass this feedback along. We do have future Battleground Weekends planned, including a Deathmatch centric weekend. But we'll pass the feedback along to the dev team.

Thanks a lot for your reply.
    Edited by Escorpiao_Noturno on January 20, 2023 5:26PM
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    In a specific time during a day/night
    At primetime there should be enaugh players for a seperate deathmatch queue. In the middle of the night however it is already difficult to find players for 1 battleground.
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

That already happened.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES
    https://www.mmorpg.com/interviews/brian-wheeler-talks-pvp-in-morrowind-2000106293
    MMORPG.com: So you get points for Battlegrounds to spend?

Brian: The way it will work, when you go into a Battleground match, there's obviously the score of the match. Then there's as you're playing, you're going to get medals as you play, and the medals reinforce the game. So, let's say, we have medals that are kill other player, get 5k crit, get a last hit, stuff like that. Those are great for Deathmatch. But in CTF, those medals won't exist. You'll get medals for capturing the flag, healing the flag carrier, killing a flag carrier, returning a flag. Those will be those types of medals. It's stuff that's reinforced in the game modes, so that matches don't simply turn into Deathmatch.

hehe
    PC NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    https://www.mmorpg.com/interviews/brian-wheeler-talks-pvp-in-morrowind-2000106293
    MMORPG.com: So you get points for Battlegrounds to spend?

Brian: The way it will work, when you go into a Battleground match, there's obviously the score of the match. Then there's as you're playing, you're going to get medals as you play, and the medals reinforce the game. So, let's say, we have medals that are kill other player, get 5k crit, get a last hit, stuff like that. Those are great for Deathmatch. But in CTF, those medals won't exist. You'll get medals for capturing the flag, healing the flag carrier, killing a flag carrier, returning a flag. Those will be those types of medals. It's stuff that's reinforced in the game modes, so that matches don't simply turn into Deathmatch.

hehe

if that is their idea about BGs, then they should have made your medal score an actual currency, or translate to AP gain lol, because ive always more or less ignored those medals for the most part except for the few random achievements you get for those
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    I fear the only thing they're going to pay attention to is: Hm, 43 people...
  • thesarahandcompany
    thesarahandcompany
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES
    Just delete deathmatch and made a new 6v6 PVP mode.
    Sarahandcompany
    She/Her/Hers
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES

I mean that would solve a lot of problems. Make it ranked and then i think the DM crowd would be happy enough. Some might miss DM, I don't know. As someone who enjoys obj I know I'd probably play both.
  • stybbe17b16_ESO
    stybbe17b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    YES

I mean that would solve a lot of problems. Make it ranked and then i think the DM crowd would be happy enough. Some might miss DM, I don't know. As someone who enjoys obj I know I'd probably play both.

Objective game mode is fine if it force pvp. Look at example Overwatch the payload game mode is a lot more fun than DM. The problem with the objective modes in ESO is that it is more effective to avoid pvp to win the objective.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    The most effective way to win an obj mode is to do the obj. If all three teams were doing the obj then no one team could do it without also fighting. Not sure why that is even a matter of opinion much less why I'm the only one that holds it.

Regardless-- this isn't about that. This is about creating something that doesn't currently exist but might just make people like you happy @stybbe17b16_ESO

Obj modes, which some people enjoy, wouldn't need to be changed if this were added. And I suggested it be ranked because that seems to be another common request.
  • thesarahandcompany
    thesarahandcompany
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES
    The most effective way to win an obj mode is to do the obj. If all three teams were doing the obj then no one team could do it without also fighting. Not sure why that is even a matter of opinion much less why I'm the only one that holds it.

Regardless-- this isn't about that. This is about creating something that doesn't currently exist but might just make people like you happy @stybbe17b16_ESO

Obj modes, which some people enjoy, wouldn't need to be changed if this were added. And I suggested it be ranked because that seems to be another common request.

This is just not true. The three team system allows for third partying so if two teams fight, one team back caps.

The three team system also incentivizes non-combat builds like unkillable tanks or speed builds that are uncatchable.

Other modes like domination have TOO many flags that it is always better to run to the next flag rather than stay and fight on the flag.
    Sarahandcompany
    She/Her/Hers
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES
    I've talked about this too many times to have this discussion again. I understand how you feel -shrugs-
  • thesarahandcompany
    thesarahandcompany
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES
    I've talked about this too many times to have this discussion again. I understand how you feel -shrugs-

IDK. Even deathmatch is prone to this issue.

The objective in deathmatch is to "kill people" but the third party system discourages fighting just as much as objective modes do. If you play DM purely to complete the objective of killing people, these matches can sometimes just turn into turtle fests or unfun scenarios where very few engagements happen because everyone just sits back waiting to pick a kill off a team from third party stance.

The thing that makes DM better for people who want to experience the combat in all its fun aspects is that it has a direct link to combat to win. Only in the highest of MMRs/intense 4v4v4 premade mashups does the DM objective get hyper-focused on third partying.
    Sarahandcompany
    She/Her/Hers