Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tank meta PvP

VvwvenomwvV
VvwvenomwvV
✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno

Please, have a look at Cyrodiil. I was in Gray Host today....

The tank meta is out of control. There are people on tank builds, especially DK tanks that tank absurd amounts of damage.

Everything is out of balance. It takes large groups of people to kill some of these builds.

It's not just a good player either. Literally anyone is near unkillable with these setups. I seen a level 434 cp DK tank today who was tanking 30+ people with infinite resources, resistances, etc.

This is not ok.

I wonder how many calculations are being performed by the server while trying to kill these tanks? There are ball groups of these builds...

It's not fun as this disrups the flow of PvP. People will chase these builds everywhere trying to kill them. Up and down the tower, up and down the keep.

I understand there are playstyles for tanking in PvP, and I agree it should be there. What I'm saying is that it is way out of balance right now.

Maybe something could be done through Battle Spirit to make further adjustments towards these broken tank builds so it doesn't affect PvE?

Edited by ZOS_Kraken on March 3, 2023 5:04PM
  • ZOS_Kraken
    ZOS_Kraken
    admin

Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the PvP Combat & Skills section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • mariuszeb17_ESO5
    mariuszeb17_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    CP Proc Vs Proc will be never balanced - deal with it, if you want "real" PVP come to Ravenwatch.
    Edited by mariuszeb17_ESO5 on March 4, 2023 10:32AM
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Please, have a look at Cyrodiil. I was in Gray Host today....

The tank meta is out of control. There are people on tank builds, especially DK tanks that tank absurd amounts of damage.

Everything is out of balance. It takes large groups of people to kill some of these builds.

It's not just a good player either. Literally anyone is near unkillable with these setups. I seen a level 434 cp DK tank today who was tanking 30+ people with infinite resources, resistances, etc.

This is not ok.

I wonder how many calculations are being performed by the server while trying to kill these tanks? There are ball groups of these builds...

It's not fun as this disrups the flow of PvP. People will chase these builds everywhere trying to kill them. Up and down the tower, up and down the keep.

I understand there are playstyles for tanking in PvP, and I agree it should be there. What I'm saying is that it is way out of balance right now.

Maybe something could be done through Battle Spirit to make further adjustments towards these broken tank builds so it doesn't affect PvE?

Not just DKs ... I would much rather fight 2 DKs that can tank and do damage then two Refreshing path NB who can tank and do damage...

Sets are out of control, and healing is out of control you have 1 set that has been identified for over 6 months as being detrimental to pvp and its a pvp set lol Mara's.....Yet they do a crap nerf to it, still gives you a crazy heal and free purge! Healing is out of control atm in PVP... Ball groups can carry each other with infinate healing, small groups can build tank and just assist on you to bring you down. Single player can build unkillable tanks.... The whole dam thing is broke. This game is no longer supporting PVP in a realistic way. Right now both of my small man PVP guilds are hardly playing due to this.

BALANCE SHOULD BE A TOP CONCERN IN THE GAME ATM! PVP SHOULD HAVE ITS OWN RULE SET ! PERIOD!

PVP will never be balanced in this game because of the PVE componet. Please change the way healing works, Please stop putting sets out there that heals you more then abilities do! Please make AOE hit considerably less then single target... Make people atleast target their enemy! Resources return is way to strong at the moment passive resource return is way to strong for PVP.

IF you want to PVP there is one set you should put on, this is every class in the game and now every circumstance unless you are in ball group (MARA's) Build diversity sucks atm due to this one easy mode set.

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • VvwvenomwvV
    VvwvenomwvV
    ✭✭✭✭
    They could make adjustments through Battle Spirt, and it would separate PvP from PvE.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could make adjustments through Battle Spirt, and it would separate PvP from PvE.

Much more needs to be done!

-Stacking of healing needs to be seriously reduced
    -Speed needs another nerf for every one .....including ball groups ... SO yes the group speed spell needs to go
    -Burst healing needs a soft cap
    -Resource managment is out of control which allows for healing
    -Broken sets that have been identified like Mara's need to be adjusted in a serious way.
    -Single target damage except for a few exeptions hits like noodles compared to AOE damage. You should get a bigger bonus for 1 target vs many. You should get extra damage for actually targeting an opponent.

Edited by Durham on March 5, 2023 5:41PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Rogue_WolfESO
    Rogue_WolfESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you guys want to play a different game. ESO is always going to be unbalanced. People constantly talk about dk and maras, well I got hit with 25k assasins will tonight. That hardly seems balanced either but it is what it is.
    I think they should "unnerf" everything that was ever nerfed
  • Luth7
    Luth7
    ✭✭✭
    This was high likely not because of a set, at least not more than on other classes.

I think it was mostly because of "Draw Essence":
    42igjq633pvw.png

From patch 5.0.5:
    • Increased the damage of the initial hit of this ability and its morphs by 25%.
    • Increased the damage of the delayed explosion by approximately 7%. This was done to adhere the ability to our AoE standards. Note the initial hit of the abilities is half of the AoE standard, because it heals for 100% of the damage caused, which takes it to that standard.
    • Removed the 6 target cap for the heal, interrupt, and resource restore for this ability. Note this puts this ability into the "rule breaker" category.
    I don't think Battle spirit should be adjusted because of one ability. Instead maybe the range should be changed to something less ridiculous, like 6 meters or less. There should be also definitely a cap on that ability; even a cap of 10 would have probably helped in the situation mentioned by the OP. I guess it would be still overpowered, but not ridiculously overpowered as atm.

As a side node, it would be generally gr8 to have an overview of the "rule breaker" category somewhere. Ideally info like that would be included in the tooltips.
    (maybe we also could get at last a complete list of what exactly falls into the "no proc" item category to shed some light into that nebulous stituation too)

Not every new or returning player has the time/interest to spend weeks and months to study ESO patchnotes/forum history.
    Edited by Luth7 on March 13, 2023 8:29AM
  • DizzyMac
    DizzyMac
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should "unnerf" everything that was ever nerfed

yep, lets "un-nerf" the magsorc back to when it was a case of 2 hits and your enemy was dead regardless of their stats