Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How about monthly event in imperial city?

FeedbackOnly
FeedbackOnly
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Just like battlegrounds gets a weekend. Then how about imperial city gets one?
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    The type of gameplay doesnt attract most, i havent been there literally in years because there simply isnt anything there for me. A good start would be removing the flags it was far better before that change, thats when i used to pvp alot there.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree the imperial city needs some love.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The type of gameplay doesnt attract most, i havent been there literally in years because there simply isnt anything there for me. A good start would be removing the flags it was far better before that change, thats when i used to pvp alot there.

How about making the rewards worth it? For most people there's no reason to be there at all.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

for me i love imperial city lol

but because im a completionist when the gear collection came out, ive been working pretty much all other content to fill out the collection

IC doesnt drop any of its gear, it also has to be purchased with tel var from uncurated boxes

i wish the sets that you could buy in IC at least had the possibility of dropping from enemies, but IC has 0 set drops outside of the monster helms from the wandering bosses on the surface
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on February 22, 2023 6:02PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this would be a great idea to increase activity in the zone. But most of all IC and Cyrodiil rewards should be much more significant than they are at all times. If ZOS can't figure out better rewards, just make it gold then.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know numerous PVP players that would be overjoyed at a monthly double telvar event for IC.

It is the lowest hanging fruit that could be addressed to add something for PVP players.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How about making the rewards worth it? For most people there's no reason to be there at all.

There's a lot of rewards though. Only place in game for the polymorphs. Gold gear, lots of sets, alchemy pouches, most expensive rune in game worth what like 80k or was 100k?
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

but because im a completionist when the gear collection came out, ive been working pretty much all other content to fill out the collection

IC doesnt drop any of its gear, it also has to be purchased with tel var from uncurated boxes

i wish the sets that you could buy in IC at least had the possibility of dropping from enemies, but IC has 0 set drops outside of the monster helms from the wandering bosses on the surface

So maybe the luck based gear drops is what kills it?
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like Imperial City and more events there could encourage more players to visit, which would be another thing I like. :)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

kind of, and the fact the boxes for the gear are not cheap, its like 3000 tel var per box of a specific gear set that is not curated

10 pieces of gear from 1 set is effectively 30k tel var, which for most people is not even remotely easy to farm

if the box was 30k, but offered a curated selection, then that would be fair i think

honestly cyrodiil has the same problem with gear, 99% of the gear is uncurated (cyro the zone does have 3 sets that drop as "overland" gear that come from delve bosses and dolmens, but outside of that no curation at all)

BG gear is also completely uncurated

which is why pvp is "low hanging fruit" for my gear collection because so little of it is curated
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem boosting the existing rewards hits to draw more people in is that it devalues the items once the market adjusts.

Fundamentally, the design of IC is a lousy fit for the games playerbase.

You could possibly populate the IC temporarily by having an event that gave non-tradable cosmetic item fragments out for player kills while in group and providing a stacking buff for players on death that bolstered their stats and increases the fragment drop chance till they got a kill.

Cosmetic items will draw in people that hate the content.

Forcing people to group and providing a stacking buff for players will let players eventually get a kill no matter how poorly geared they are.

Having the rewards be only on kill will set the tone more towards fighting with other players which will make getting attacked by other players be less of a turnoff. (I'd suggest having a nag pop-up to tell people to bank their Tel-Var if they have a low alliance rank as some people don't know how to do it)
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This so much! The Arena district used to be an all day 3 way brawl before they "upgraded" IC with flags and took away the freedom to respawn in any district right away. IMO it was the best PvP experience in the games history.
    Events would be nice but I wish they'd change the respawn rules back and add some type of reward that's truly unique to the area that has enough appeal to get the population up on a consistent basis.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem boosting the existing rewards hits to draw more people in is that it devalues the items once the market adjusts.

You could possibly populate the IC temporarily by having an event that gave non-tradable cosmetic item fragments out for player kills while in group and providing a stacking buff for players on death that bolstered their stats and increases the fragment drop chance till they got a kill.

Forcing people to group and providing a stacking buff for players will let players eventually get a kill no matter how poorly geared they are.

Having the rewards be only on kill will set the tone more towards fighting with other players which will make getting attacked by other players be less of a turnoff. (I'd suggest having a nag pop-up to tell people to bank their Tel-Var if they have a low alliance rank as some people don't know how to do it)

there already is non tradeable cosmetics available, but you have to buy them with tel var (its expensive too, like just under 400k tel var for the entire set)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This so much! The Arena district used to be an all day 3 way brawl before they "upgraded" IC with flags and took away the freedom to respawn in any district right away. IMO it was the best PvP experience in the games history.
    Events would be nice but I wish they'd change the respawn rules back and add some type of reward that's truly unique to the area that has enough appeal to get the population up on a consistent basis.

i think the flags are OK, but they definitely need to allow freedom to respawn again (and capping flags faster when you have a group on them like cyro resources)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

there already is non tradeable cosmetics available, but you have to buy them with tel var (its expensive too, like just under 400k tel var for the entire set)

That cosmetic set is more aimed at the people that actually like Imperial City and PvP as in addition to the massive Tel Var cost you also have an alliance rank requirement. I suppose technically, if a person has already met the alliance rank requirement you could trade the tel var for it to them by dying repeatedly to them but, I'm unaware of anyone that has actually done so.

If you want the population to actually pop up enough to be active for the people that like it, you need something people can achieve in a reasonable amount of time that doesn't stick around to force people that don't want to participate to do it anyways.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Also chance in other boxes. I think I them all for 20k 🤣. This was my luckiest eso moment.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    React wrote: »
    I know numerous PVP players that would be overjoyed at a monthly double telvar event for IC.

It is the lowest hanging fruit that could be addressed to add something for PVP players.

@ZOS_Kevin please read this! Also, @React had a thread about an ic rework. If you could read that, it would be awesome!
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Cloudrest
    Cloudrest
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City is by far the most enjoyable PvP content available in ESO. Pity that it's so dead with no population 99% of the time. I'd also like to see it given some much-needed love.
    Formerly @Cloudrest, now @Nightwielder in-game on PC/NA. Cyrodiil PvPer; retired duelist and PvE Trifecta DPS.
    Empyrean Knight Gwynevere | ♔ Breton Templar | AR50 Grand Overlord II | 9400+ hours | Aldmeri Dominion
    Merethiel of Vaulinchyl |🗡Altmer Nightblade | AR50 Grand Overlord I | 3000+ hours | Aldmeri Dominion
    ♔ Immortal Redeemer | ♔ Tick-Tock Tormentor | ♔🗡 2x Gryphon Heart | ♔ Godslayer | 🗡 Dawnbringer | ♔ 7x Former Empress
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin any chance of a monthly ic weekend? Double telvar! Please let us know!!
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    React wrote: »

@ZOS_Kevin please read this! Also, @React had a thread about an ic rework. If you could read that, it would be awesome!
    Honestly, rework ideas scare me. They usually involve suggestions of, say, instanced 8v8v8 upstairs along with some organised activity, bringing IC closer to BGs. That is not what I would want. IC is open world. The attraction for me is open world, not BGs. Luckily the upstairs population of IC on PC EU is pretty healthy. We need incentives for the sewers, though.

I too remember the early days of IC fondly. On the other hand that was a time before the vendor sold Hakeijos and Apothecary Parcels. You can make a living from current IC and by that I mean the flag mechanic and killing bosses. That tends to be the most efficient way, even when there's a group sharing Tel Var. You can tri-stat enchant all your builds. I'm not sure how original IC would fit into today's game.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB