Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

blood altar morph

rabidmyers
rabidmyers
✭✭✭✭✭
yo as a healer which morph should i go for? someone said to use the opposite of what tanks use, do tanks use the sanguine one?

also another question ill throw in, are healers still using lightning staff? or is ice staff the go to now

been away for like 3 years so am clueless a bit hahah
Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 18, 2023 7:00PM
at a place nobody knows
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone I know uses Overflowing for the larger synergy.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think tanks are more likely to use sanguine, yeah. I use overflowing on healer with ice staff. Lightning staff isn’t used anymore due to the changes in Exploiter. Ice staff lets you survive better, give defensive buffs, and do brittle.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    I think tanks are more likely to use sanguine, yeah. I use overflowing on healer with ice staff. Lightning staff isn’t used anymore due to the changes in Exploiter. Ice staff lets you survive better, give defensive buffs, and do brittle.

now why is that exactly? wouldnt it make more sense for healers to use the sanguine as it is less health to use, and tanks have plenty of health to use the overflowing.
    at a place nobody knows
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to use the cheaper version on my healer, but I realized it doesn't matter because I supply all the healing and can power heal myself just fine. So I use Overflowing Altar.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    rabidmyers wrote: »

now why is that exactly? wouldnt it make more sense for healers to use the sanguine as it is less health to use, and tanks have plenty of health to use the overflowing.

Tanks take a lot more constant damage than healers do, losing a larger amount of health is scarier.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank

View my builds!
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tanks take a lot more constant damage than healers do, losing a larger amount of health is scarier.

ooo didn't think of it that way, makes more sense now. so since the synergies have different names then if a tank running sanguine and a healer running overflowing, they wouldn't counteract each other yeah?
    at a place nobody knows
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

ooo didn't think of it that way, makes more sense now. so since the synergies have different names then if a tank running sanguine and a healer running overflowing, they wouldn't counteract each other yeah?

I think tank or healer runs it, at least that's how it's been in my recent experience. I don't think the synergy difference, if there is one which I don't recall there being one, would be enough to have multiple altars. Really, if possible, the healer should be the one with altar as it's a max health heal which benefits the tank (tank doesn't get the synergy on their own altar) and a healer can anticipate the health loss and heal themselves quickly.
    • CP 2000+

View my builds!
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overflowing is what I use. Couple it with lady thorn or nazaray to get extra debuffs upon synergy.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post