Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Companion letters

Rageypoo
Rageypoo
✭✭✭✭✭
I wanted to get ember to visit my home so I leveled her up to max, and I got a letter I can place in the house from her, so I leveled up Isobel and got a letter from her too.

Today I finished Mirri and I'm close to finishing Bastion, but I didn't get a letter from her, not one I can place in the house anyways, just one in the mail about her family heirloom. Did I miss an achievement or a requisite to get a letter from her too?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 17, 2023 6:40PM
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Mirri or Bastian had letters to place in your house.

If they did I've missed something too as I have levelled both. 😀
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • LanteanPegasus
    LanteanPegasus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately - and very unfairly - the "older" companions (Bastian & Mirri) don't give a furniture letter. Those were only added with (and for) the newer companions in High Isle, and ZOS didn't deem it necessary to update the older ones. :'(
  • Treselegant
    Treselegant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite being the feature of Blackwood; Bastian and Mirri have recieved no updates to bring them up to the level of the more recent companions. No letters, no new dialogue, no fixes for long standing bugs, nothing. It is such a poor show :/. Dramatic as it sounds - It's actually damaged my respect for the company.

Edited by Treselegant on February 16, 2023 10:39PM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am SO SALTY that I can't display a letter from my best bro.

We can also see that the High Isle companions get three quests to Blackwood's two. I'd love if they could just go in and give Mirri and Basti a third quest - even if it was just something simple - just so they could give us the letter furnishing as the final reward.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am SO SALTY that I can't display a letter from my best bro.

We can also see that the High Isle companions get three quests to Blackwood's two. I'd love if they could just go in and give Mirri and Basti a third quest - even if it was just something simple - just so they could give us the letter furnishing as the final reward.

I agree with this 1000%!
  • Jacozilla
    Jacozilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting 36 letters to place kinda gets awkward though.

18 chars, 36 letters from Ember / Isabel.

I’m beginning to suspect my companions are running some sort of Hallmark scam and these really aren’t unique thank you letters.
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite being the feature of Blackwood; Bastian and Mirri have recieved no updates to bring them up to the level of the more recent companions. No letters, no new dialogue, no fixes for long standing bugs, nothing. It is such a poor show :/. Dramatic as it sounds - It's actually damaged my respect for the company.

Interesting.

To me it just seemed like Mirri and Bastian aren't into writing letters...
  • Treselegant
    Treselegant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kirawolfe wrote: »

Interesting.

Bastian definitely would write a letter but Mirri...maybe... it'd probably just be splashed with booze and smeared with fried bug grease :D .

In all seriousness - the reason why it's poor is because it is evidence of a pattern of Zos abandoning content almost immediately after it's dropped. The new players they heavily advertise to with these expansions are forgotten about only a few months after said expansion drops and hype for the next big thing starts up again. The treatment of Blackwood's feature suggests a much bigger problem and it's a bit depressing for someone like myself who joined at beta.
    Edited by Treselegant on February 17, 2023 4:23PM
  • LanteanPegasus
    LanteanPegasus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kirawolfe wrote: »
    Interesting.

You'd think so, wouldn't you?
    Except, Bastian did write a letter to me. But for some strange reason the paper/parchment he used dissolved after 30 days, no matter what manner of magical or mundane conservation method I tried to apply.
    Someone should have a very stern talk with all those Tamrielic espionage agencies, not to leave their "This letter will self-destruct in 30 days" parchment lying around where unsuspecting correspondents might mistake it for ordinary writing material.

(Meaning: You get letters from Bastian and Mirri, but they are designed as an ingame mail, so they self-delete after 30 days.)

Edited by LanteanPegasus on February 17, 2023 5:45PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

(Meaning: You get letters from Bastian and Mirri, but they are designed as an ingame mail, so they self-delete after 30 days.)

ember and isobel also send you in game mails too in addition to the actual notes

i did not fully compare though if they were the same between the in game mail and the furnishing letter
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post