Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Werewolf ultimate randomly resets to 0

lathbury
lathbury
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title suggests I have a bug and judging from the you tube videos I am not alone. Where my ultimate on werewolf transform is resetting to 0. I will have the bar nearly full and then next I look nothing. It is happening during dungeons and delves as well as the open world no clue as to the cause. I have bug reported and heard nothing back. Is anyone else experiencing this or have a fix.
  • Darkholynova
    Known issue. Common causes: changing areas (any loading screen), logging out, being idle for a couple minutes, continuing to gain ultimate beyond the cap for Transform, and randomly for no reason.

Happens to all ultimates, but for werewolf it's REALLY noticeable. Until WW receives some much needed bug fixes and some balancing, I'll avoid slotting it. May even just get it cured so I won't be gimped in pvp for no reason.
  • Trenyt
    Trenyt
    It has happened to me in the last few days quite a lot. That said I just went about 50 minutes with log ins/outs and multiple transitions and no reset. Maybe I was lucky tonight, or maybe something in the maintenance fixed it. Will keep checking tomorrow onwards.
  • dr.frostb16_ESO
    Hello, just coming in to mention I have this issue as well. With a full ultimate charge, I charge into combat with a shield charge and then my ultimate resets out of nowhere.
  • Anzaman
    Anzaman
    ✭✭✭
    It's not only affecting Werewolf ultimate tho, my Sorcerer's Overload and Bat Swarm tend to reset randomly as well.

Quite annoying. :(
    Nilene Nightsky - Healer Warden
    Niomia Nightsky - Stamina Nightblade
    Ebonheart Pact (EU) Veteran: 10 - CP: 101
  • Trenyt
    Trenyt
    Okay update, it has done it twice more. So I was lucky last night. Oh well here's hoping for a fix soon.
  • Mustaklaki
    Mustaklaki
    ✭✭
    It stops happening when you morph into Berserker.
    Edited by Mustaklaki on April 20, 2014 6:22PM
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mustaklaki wrote: »
    It stops happening when you morph into Berserker.
    Not true, I have berserker and it randomly resets. For example; I had the ultimate but before I could travel back to a keep the ultimate resets to 0. That was less than 4 minutes before it disappeared.

• Oogaci
    Oogaci
    ✭✭✭
    Just picked up Werewolf last night and all I have to say is "wow" the mechanics for this skill line are so broken it's beyond words.

My Ultimate points randomly reset to zero when talking to quest givers, spending points in my skills or generally anytime I go into a menu screen.

I am consistently getting locked into an animation when using the pounce ability which leaves me unable to attack.

Also when transforming back to my "human" form I am also randomly unable to attack with my light or heavy attacks. The /reloadui command often fixes that but difficult when you are getting your brains smashed in by a mob.

General Feedback: In werewolf form I take considerably more damage than I normally do... that means a lot more damage! LOL

The 30 second time limit is way too short and [Devour] doesnt seem to help much seeing as nearly everything we fight are deadra/undead or beasts. Perhaps this should work as a toggle like the Sorcerer's [Overload] ability.

In short I was really disappointed that they released it in this state.
  • kevjon74_ESO
    kevjon74_ESO
    ✭✭
    Oogaci wrote: »
    The 30 second time limit is way too short and [Devour] doesnt seem to help much seeing as nearly everything we fight are deadra/undead or beasts.

Yeah, was thinking about that the other day. Surprised they don't at least have a 2nd tier to Devour that allows you to use it on any mob.
  • Dagoratho
    Dagoratho
    SAME problem, i just cant transform because my ulti resets at random times....
  • Spritehawk
    Spritehawk
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't mind it resetting so much if the cost of the Ultimate wasnt so expensive. But this is starting to drive me batty.
  • McUsher
    McUsher
    ✭✭
    The resetting of the ultimate points renders the werewolf ultimate useless for me. Couldn't use it once in 4 hours questing with my wife yesterday...

Although i registered it 2 times now beeing full all of a sudden too...
    Are you still old school or yet unprogressive?
  • Orcula
    Orcula
    Even without the UP reset bug, the WW is really disappointing. 1000UP default? And for that you get to be a werewolf for a default time of what? 45 Seconds? And for that 45 seconds you aren't really doing that much more damage with the light and heavy attacks. I know it will increase with passives, and morphs, but still.....i think i only got an increase of about 50 to light/heavy attack damage, and i run a full stamina build. Not to mention that you only get 2 abilities to use, and the one that is even remotely defensive is not instant and has an aoe cap of 3. Meanwhile, vamps are spamming devouring swam....in direct sunlight no less....and wiping zergs.

My suggestions for the WW is to cut the default UP cost in half, raise the default time to be in WW form to 3 mins, add a speed and jump height buff while in WW form, lose the cast time and aoe cap on roar, add a healing effect to the devour passive, make any biological enemy devourable instead of just humanoids, and lose the stamina soft cap while in WW form. Oh, and i don't know if this is already in effect because i have only been able to transform a whopping 3 times since i have been a WW, but the transformation should fill all your attribute pools to full and make you immune to controlling effects and damage while the transformation animation is happening. Also, in pvp, you should be able to devour corpses of other players if you can do it before they respawn and they haven't disintegrated from a fire/lightning effect...again, don't know if this is already a possibility.

While im on my rant, i honestly wouldn't mind a bit of visual customization to my WW. I would have rather my toon just grown hair on its existing physical form...maybe morph the size of my toons extremities or something like that as well, but all WW's look the same, and it is dull beyond belief. How about a WW character creator so we can add a bit of customization to it?

That's my 2 cents anyways. I will stick with the WW until i cap all the WW skills and passives, but honestly, i don't think that the WW will be worth it even then. Really hope ZOS is paying attention to these WW threads....That is all.

Now commence discussion on nerfing vamps.... ;)