The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Insane high ping after today's patch

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
At first I thought that it was a problem with my internet connection, but I've been monitoring everything and it doesn't seem to be that. My line seems to be ok. But I've been having extreme ping instability. On group events, like dungeons, sometimes I get over 999 and everything stops for many seconds. Even alone, just wandering in the world, sometimes it goes above 300. This started today after the update. Any ideas? Is it coincidence? Did something change that I'm not aware?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on December 8, 2022 12:48AM
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whew! You aren't kidding! I didn't have a ping that seemed out of the ordinary but the servers really started to feel like the old ones from a few months ago. I tried to farm out another Tier1 in Cyrodiil tonight. What a mess! Rubberbanding all over the place, people popping in and out of existence, and I could not stand to see another gap closer tell me INVALID LOCATION one more time. I just ended up leaving for the night without getting past my first 2k ap. Too frustrating!
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me at a busy dolmen. 999 ping then game crashed. Ran dungeons and trials and some people in group were having the same issue with 999 ping and disconnecting.

It was laggy and stuttery in some places like the beginning of Rockgrove just as you go through the door to enter. I was about to restart the game when it cleared as I went further into the trial. The beginning of Dread Sail Reef is like this too when you jump off the ship.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's getting worse today. Now when the ping raises I'm moved to the login menu and I get a weird error message with no information at all. Again I checked everything on my internet service and didn't find any problem there.

rui4rpoyag1v.jpg
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didn't notice it, and I played for a few hours yesterday evening and the one before. I play from Melbourne, Australia, with an average ping of about 400, and it was pretty stable.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    I didn't notice it, and I played for a few hours yesterday evening and the one before. I play from Melbourne, Australia, with an average ping of about 400, and it was pretty stable.

I don't understand. I was playing ok after disabling the pets in town thing, then they forced a new patch on monday, the ping raised and now I'm constantly having lots of problems and moved to login. It all started right after the patch.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »

I don't understand. I was playing ok after disabling the pets in town thing, then they forced a new patch on monday, the ping raised and now I'm constantly having lots of problems and moved to login. It all started right after the patch.
    If it's not your internet connection, perhaps one or more of your plugins is somehow conflicting with the update ? It's been known to occur. Unless you're not playing on PC/Mac, in which case ignore this comment! :)
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »

If it's not your internet connection, perhaps one or more of your plugins is somehow conflicting with the update ? It's been known to occur. Unless you're not playing on PC/Mac, in which case ignore this comment! :)

It's PC EU. I'll try it again without plugins. But it's weird because it happens even when I'm stopped. I noticed that I don't receive the in game emails fast now. There's always a message informing that I have undelivered mail that'll take minutes to appear. And it's not caused by any addon. Can it be an account related problem? Before the update I was receiving the items I buy in the mail really fast, now it sometimes take hours. And reloadui doesn't solve it. So... problems with ping, crashs, logouts, and now... mail broken.

pxa2yraqemz4.jpg
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • BabyDeathClaw
    BabyDeathClaw
    Soul Shriven
    I have now exact same problem, After the maintenance 07.02.2023. My ping increased from 60-70 to bare minimum of 200. When loaded to dungeons - it becomes completely unplayable with stutter, constant teleportations and 999 ping.
    I deleted all the addons, problem persists.
    Checked my connection - everything is fine.
  • biggz73
    biggz73
    Soul Shriven
    Just here to report the exact same thing. Connection outside the game appears normal.

In-game latency meter may report 60ms or 999+ms, all the while there's an actual delay of up to 30 seconds.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. There was a tweet from someone showing an 800+ ms latency.

(Personally, I was in PC NA Galen for about a half hour. Never saw anything above 110 and nothing lower than 50.)
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • zeyva
    zeyva
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing for me. After maintenance ping is 450+. Prior to patch it was 70-90ms.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try porting to a different zone then porting back.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SleepyJoe90
    On EU server, Windows 10.
    Since patch day I've not been able to play for long without my ping increasing to the point where the game gives up.
    Movement, rubber banding and stationary NPCs are an indicator of an imminent game crash.

I've noticed that its particularly prevalent in either busy areas or those where you may be passing though lots of loading screens in quick succession e.g., into and out of buildings or dungeons.

I have made no changes to my setup and note that once out of Elder Scrolls Online all is well.
  • the_wanderer001
    Last couple of days the game has become unplayable for me!

Working fine when logged off, next day huge problem with stuttering... ?
    it seems ok if I don't move or move in a straight line but, just try and look up/down/left/right, fps jumps all over the place, game is then stop-start.

tracert shows a possible problem at the eso EU server!

Any ideas anyone?
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my very very stable for years 100 ms latency,now goes down to 80 then up to 130 then back again and camera starts spinning
    this was/is the state of game in Cyro but now affects pve too,EU server has become very unstable
    all started during last dragon festival
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA