Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to use the scrying augur from rank 5 onwards?

Biscuit_290
Biscuit_290
✭✭✭
All the purple leads have 4-6 levels of dirt in the excavation sites and the augur doesn't work on them. Is there a way to upgrade it? I didn't see any skill for that. The brush supposedly upgrades at rank 7 but nothing is said about the augur.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All the purple leads have 4-6 levels of dirt in the excavation sites and the augur doesn't work on them. Is there a way to upgrade it? I didn't see any skill for that. The brush supposedly upgrades at rank 7 but nothing is said about the augur.
    For the higher-level excavations, there are more layers of dirt, and when you place the augur over any of these squares, it highlights red to indicate you can't use the augur there. What you then need to do is use the brush to remove layers until the augur is no longer blocked. In other words, this is a mechanism to make the excavation tougher for higher levels.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In earlier levels, you can use augur anywhere. In later levels, some spots have too much dirt to augur, but there are always plenty of spots you can still augur. You are a little more limited, but can usually triangulate where the antiquity is, even if it is a spot you can't augur directly.
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you do need to put a skill point into the passive at level 5 if you haven't already
    cab326088aqu.png
    Edited by Thecompton73 on February 13, 2023 3:59AM
  • Biscuit_290
    Biscuit_290
    ✭✭✭
    oh so that's what I had to do
  • Biscuit_290
    Biscuit_290
    ✭✭✭
    Ofc... the excavation line. I completely missed that. Was looking in the other line all this time.
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glad I could help