Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dodgeroll is unbound yet any forward movement I dodgeroll

blktauna
blktauna
✭✭✭✭✭
This has been happening more and more over time and today I nearly threw the machine across the room.
W is mu default forward key, however instead of moving forward, I am continually dodgerolling. Is this happening to anyone else and//or dos anyone know why it is occurring???
PCNA
PCEU
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure what your keyboard set up is, but double movement tap will also dodge roll. I believe you can uncheck this feature somewhere in settings.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my setup is vanilla. However I will look into your idea as I hadn't thought it would be in more than one place. TY!
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's in Settings>Gameplay>Combat

You can both turn double tap on/off and set the dely for the speed of the taps
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've occasionally done it myself, due to network lag, probably due to my average 400 ping.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i always make sure double tap to dodge roll is turn off cause too many times its caused me to accidentally dodge roll

i prefer having a bound key for dodge roll i can hit from my mouse
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed on both. I'll be testing shortly. And I feel you on the Ping. I play on EU and its over 200 most days. And that's bad enough.

PCNA
    PCEU
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all ! I found and shut off the double tap and Success!
    much appreciated :)
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    blktauna wrote: »
    Thank you all ! I found and shut off the double tap and Success!
    much appreciated :)

Glad that helped
  • HumbleThaumaturge
    HumbleThaumaturge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad you solved your problem. Just in case other's might have a similar problem, I'll discuss my experience a little.

I have had the problem of unintentional dodge-rolling several times. Each time, it was due to my keyboard sporadically generating multiple entries for a single key press. For example, I might press the W key one time . . . and have ww enter, causing a dodge roll. I would sometimes test the keyboard by entering Word or Notebook and just tapping a single key or completing a typing exercise (typing from copy). Doing this, I diagnosed the "key bounce" . . . getting double or triple entries for a single key tap.

It sometimes (but not all times) helped to clean the keyboard. With mechanical keyboards, I remove the keycaps and blow air through the keys. This often helped to stop the problem. I have heard that some folks remove all the keycaps and put the keyboard through the dishwasher. There are YouTube videos about this; I've been considering trying it on an abandoned keyboard (too timid to try my main keyboards). In spite of cleaning, the problem gets so bad (on a mechanical keyboard) after a couple of years, I just buy a new keyboard. The problem is always completely solved with a new keyboard. (And no: I do not eat or drink at the keyboard . . . so it's not stick-bun crumbs causing the problem, just dust and other debris, I suppose.)
    Edited by HumbleThaumaturge on February 7, 2023 5:49PM
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My issue is actually this. The turning off double tap biz was a temp fix.

The W on my laptop has been broken off for some time and even external keyboards sometimes do not over ride it. I have a half keyboard for gaming that stops the issue from happening but 2 other keyboards didn't seem to override the internal board. I hate dealing with windoze drivers...

Still I need to stop being lazy and replace the keyboard.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my W key sometimes does multi-taps too, and ive always counted that as i still use a keyboard from around 2012-2014 (which is at this point very heavily used lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014