Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Did not realize this of Mehrunes Dagon...

Eporem
Eporem
✭✭✭
that his power of Destruction is merely a portion of his sphere of influence and that all of his aspects are rooted in Change

qXajXes.jpg

Edited by Eporem on January 11, 2023 10:57PM
  • TinyDragon
    TinyDragon
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't thought much about this- when I played through it, I sort of dismissed it as a Psijic perspective.

But the Mythic Dawn in Oblivion are seeking to remake the world, so perhaps it's more widespreadly thought of like that!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruction is the easiest, and most satisfying, type of change. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter which Dagon cult, whether the Mystic Dawn or the Waking Flame, they don't want the world to be destroyed (as: being turned to a void), but to be re-formed to something they deem better as the current status. The real-world belief of fire being purifying might play a role, although I'm not sure if that's in the lore. The Sul-Xan see Dagon as related to Sithis, by the way, who is also considered a bringer of chaos and change.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Valsirenn mentions Cleansing Fire as the first start in bringing back to life the End Time Ash Tree, then Water then Soil which are the three Druid Circles in Galen that were formed and I found it interesting that the seed the Daedra wanted from this tree was named Apocalyspse, though donèt know how Apocalyspse is defined in ESO and also that the sacred seed of the Firesong circle comes from an Ash Tree as well. Would any know where the scared seed of the Stonelore or the Eldertide originated from ?

Edited by Eporem on January 17, 2023 9:46PM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »
    I found it interesting that the seed the Daedra wanted from this tree was named Apocalyspse, though donèt know how Apocalyspse is defined in ESO

That's a good question. I'm not sure if there's neccessarily a real concept behind it or if it's just used colloquially. There's also an npc somewhere saying he's not "a stoic", which is for sure meant in the colloquial sense (while the word literally means a pursuer of a certain kind of Ancient Greek philosophy, which is of course not existant on Nirn).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    If the sacred seed that was given to the Firesong circle is the same as the seed that comes from the Dead Ash Tree in the deadlands and is named Apocalyspse then I wonder which of these meanings would be true of it. What would this seed's meaning become, the old meaning or the new of the below definitions..
    https://www.etymonline.com/word/apocalypse

or maybe the Elder Scrolls would have their own entirely different meaning of this word.
    Edited by Eporem on January 17, 2023 10:19PM
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The "Allwither" is another component of change. "It craves what it cannot be, it hates what it is."- a miserable existence.
  • KingArthasMenethil
    KingArthasMenethil
    ✭✭✭
    If the sacred seed that was given to the Firesong circle is the same as the seed that comes from the Dead Ash Tree in the deadlands and is named Apocalyspse then I wonder which of these meanings would be true of it. What would this seed's meaning become, the old meaning or the new of the below definitions..
    https://www.etymonline.com/word/apocalypse

or maybe the Elder Scrolls would have their own entirely different meaning of this word.

I doubt the Firesong and their is related to it. Their seed is more then likely not something Daedric. Legacy of the Bretons (High Isle and Galen) was rather free from Daedric Corruption.
    EU 2000+ CP
    Characters
    Gaius Sulla 50 Cyrodiil DragonKnight.
    Livia Sulla 50 Cyrodiil Nightblade.
    Divayth-Fyr 50 Dunmer Sorcerer.
    Ragnar Shatter-Shield 50 Nord Dragonknight.
    Selvia Sulla 50 Cyrodiil Templar.
    Attrebus Mede 50 Cyrodiil Warden.
    Zirath Urivith 50 Dunmer Dragonknight.
    Dame Edwinna Gelas 50 Breton Dragonknight.
    Agrippina Tharn 50 Cyrodiil Necromancer.
    Bedal Dren 50 Dunmer Dragonknight.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    for me I think the seeds might have no corruption to begin with, especially the one from the Dead Ash Tree, for it was cleansed by fire so I still think there is a connection of some sort there. A Daedra there wished this seed as well - though it wasn't told what for.
  • KingArthasMenethil
    KingArthasMenethil
    ✭✭✭
    for me I think the seeds might have no corruption to begin with, especially the one from the Dead Ash Tree, for it was cleansed by fire so I still think there is a connection of some sort there. A Daedra there wished this seed as well - though it wasn't told what for.

The seeds are more likely tied to Y'ffre/Jephre then any Daedra
    (especially with it's connection to the Druid King by being its main artefacts of the Druid Kings Regalia). By making it Daedric you do open the door to corruption.
    Edited by KingArthasMenethil on February 6, 2023 9:12AM
    EU 2000+ CP
    Characters
    Gaius Sulla 50 Cyrodiil DragonKnight.
    Livia Sulla 50 Cyrodiil Nightblade.
    Divayth-Fyr 50 Dunmer Sorcerer.
    Ragnar Shatter-Shield 50 Nord Dragonknight.
    Selvia Sulla 50 Cyrodiil Templar.
    Attrebus Mede 50 Cyrodiil Warden.
    Zirath Urivith 50 Dunmer Dragonknight.
    Dame Edwinna Gelas 50 Breton Dragonknight.
    Agrippina Tharn 50 Cyrodiil Necromancer.
    Bedal Dren 50 Dunmer Dragonknight.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    maybe like Frii, the seeds are Nature spirits the elements maybe of Air, Earth and Water :neutral:

Edit: Uggh.. well it seems the three seeds all came from one tree.. A Tree of Life in Druid lore?

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Final_Dream_of_Kasorayn

Three seeds I saw upon one tree
    Of rowan, ash, and oak.
    With care I set them in the dust
    To guide and teach our folk.

Three trees, nine limbs, five hundred leaves
    One season for each root.
    Let each seed sleep in slumber deep
    And then the throne renew.

When mountain shakes and Sower wakes
    The throne shall bloom again.
    One choice, one will, one binding word
    Shall bless or scourge all lands.

A day shall come in seasons far
    To wake the Sower clear.
    If freely given all is good
    If taken comes the scourge.

Edited by Eporem on February 6, 2023 1:52PM
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    and a random thought - if there are no Rowan trees in Nirn and the seed of this is the last of a time gone by and survives to become a Rowan tree that this Rowan tree will symbolize the new Druid King:
    Edited by Eporem on February 7, 2023 12:47PM